All classes will be participating in a review game for their tests Tuesday. Students please BYOD (bring your own device) to class Friday April 29th.
Math 7 will be doing a Data & Statistics Project that is due one week from today, Thursday MAY 5, 2016.
I will discuss it in class today, but I have posted all the necessary information and the grading rubric here, as well as on the Math 7 page.
This project should boost your grade! I suggest you work hard and do your best!!
Math 7 Statistics Project Directions Johnson 2016
Math 7 Statistics Project Peer Grading Johnson
Any assignments that are missing from BEFORE Spring Break due to absences are due to me by Friday April 8, 2016. After this date, these assignments will be counted as zeros.
From this point on, the school’s policy on making up assignments will be in effect. For ONE EXCUSED absence day, the student will have THREE days to make up the assignment.
Thank you all for your cooperation!
Please be advised of the following test dates noting that check in/outs are not allowed during standardized testing:
- ACT Reading:
- April 12 – 7th
- April 13 – 6th
- April 14 – 8th
- Make-up dates, all grades: April 15th-18th
- ACT Science:
- April 19 – 7th grade only
- Make up: April 20th-22nd
- ACT Math:
- April 26 – 7th
- April 27 – 6th
- April 28 – 8th
- Make up all grades: April 29th-May 6th
***FOR ANY DAYS THAT WE WILL BE TESTING, MAKE SURE YOU CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Get plenty of rest (around 8 or more hours of good sleep).
- Eat a healthy dinner with carbohydrates and proteins the night before testing.
- Eat a well balanced breakfast the morning of testing with carbohydrates, proteins, and fruit (or fruit juice).
- Bring ONLY yourself your testing classroom. You may not bring any electronic devices (against the law to have in the testing room during testing), pillows/blankets, books, or other study materials unless otherwise directed by your test supervisor.
- Check with your teacher to make sure of your testing location and date.
- Be aware of the rules of the ASPIRE Tests (Reading, Math, and Science) especially including test taking strategies for those tests.
- Practice exemplars for the reading, math, and science using the following information:ACT Aspire Exemplars
Hello students and parents!
My name is Ms. Johnson and I will be the teacher for your students for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to helping your students achieve understanding in mathematics! I have experience teaching Algebra I & II, Pre-Algera, Geometry, and AP Probability and Statistics.
My goal is to maintain a safe, structured classroom, that promotes and facilitates learning for my students. I expect nothing from the best from my students as I will be giving them my best. I will be available in the mornings from 7:15-7:45 am for Think Tank if the students need to come in for any extra tutoring. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to call the school or send me an email at email@example.com
I am looking forward to a great 4th nine weeks!
March 28, 2016 – April 1, 2016 is Spring Break–No School
Our annual Toys for Tots campaign is quickly approaching! The National Junior Honor society for OMMS is collecting money to purchase toys for families that would otherwise not have a Christmas. Last year, we were able to collect over $2,500, and our goal is to surpass our last year’s total! Please start collecting your change and dollars that you wish to donate.
Mr. Buckner will be the teacher collecting money for the 7th grade White team, and we will keep a total in each class. As there are a few students on our team that do not have me for math, please encourage them to come see me, so we can adopt them to a class so they can participate in the fun of sharing and giving as well! We will be collecting Monday, November 9th – Friday, November 20th, so please be ready to donate your spare dollars and change!
If you are wanting to collect within your community and would like more information, please take the attached letter with you! (TFT Community Letter 2015)
Ideas to raise money:
- Bake sale
- Ask family, friends, neighbors
- Donate time to help with chores to earn money
- Attend the Annual OMMS Toys for Tots Faculty Auburn v. Alabama match: Thursday, November 19th!