Math and Handwriting Resources

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to share some extra websites that you can use to print out worksheets for your child.
That math website covers A LOT of what we do in class (especially with place value, money and word problems). It would be EXCELLENT math practice over any school break or to supplement homework. We have also started 2-digit subtraction word problems, which are extra challenging for second graders. I will be sending out a video tutorial as soon as I can.
Additionally, handwriting and complete sentences are something we have been focusing on. I really want capitals and periods to be automatic in their writing by the end of the year. Here’s a website with all kinds of handwriting worksheets. ‘
Your child has researched a variety of animals this quarter (foxes, spiders, bats, owls, and arctic tundra animals), and they are writing up their research and creating posters. This is a long-term in-class project that we will be finishing next month. We’ve enjoyed these two websites a lot!
Finally, we’ve been learning through our guidance counselors this year about 7 Habits of Happy Kids. I wanted to share those 7 habits since Forest Oaks has been implementing the Leader in Me school program (even though we are not a Leader in Me school yet). When we have “character talks,” it usually touches on one of these 7 habits.
I hope you have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!  
Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment