To help you prepare for the Benchmark, choose any or all of the links provided for practice. The more you practice, the more prepared you will be!!
Using the following slide presentation, complete the vocabulary packet and study ONLY these words for your last vocabulary quiz on May 12 (THURSDAY).
There are 27 words – we will quiz on the first 13 next Friday, April 22. Study slides “asset” through “ember”. Know the definition AND synonyms and antonyms.
DGP Open workbook QUIZ this Friday (April 8) – Lessons 22 through 25.
Attached is a copy of the text we will be reading IN CLASS over the remainder of the school year. This copy is given so that you may keep up whenever you fall behind or are absent during a reading session. For particular reading pages, see weekly posts. 🙂
Click here to read: The_Outsiders_by_S_E_Hinton
ALL CLASSES – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday – we will revise and edit our research papers for the final draft. DUE Wednesday at midnight.
Thursday and Friday, we will watch the movie, The Book Thief, and complete a viewing guide – DUE Friday before SB or the first day back (If absent on Friday). If you miss, the movie can be rented from RedBox or Amazon Instant Video for $1 to $4.
Have a Safe Spring Break!!!!!!
- Study for Benchmark Roots Test -March 4th
- Complete study guide for 9wks exam -due Monday, March 7th
- DGP (daily grammar practice) test – Monday March 7th
- Advanced only
- Finish the reading in NBTT before Friday’s discussion
- Final groups prepare for presentations – March 4th
- Homework-all classes
- Root cards 23-25 due Thursday
- Grammar wkbk pgs 75-84-some class time will be given, due Friday.
- study for roots quiz 3
- Advanced only
- Reading in NBTT thru pgs 176 before Friday’s discussion -some time will be given in class.
- Groups 7 and 8 – presentation questions due Thursday
All of the Research (three sources and info worksheets) that we have been gathering in class and your Thesis Statement are due Monday, February 22nd at the beginning of class.
Don’t forget to have your root cards ready to turn in at the beginning of class tomorrow (Thu)! See blog if you need to.
Also, STUDY for the ROOTS QUIZ – Friday! Words 1-17!