Good Monday morning! Let’s see what’s happening in FACS this week…
6th grade is continuing our unit on Kitchen Safety and Sanitation. Students will complete a Safety and Sanitation quiz on Monday. Students are required to score 100% by the state before being allowed to participate in food labs, but they are allowed to take the quiz multiple times if needed. From there, we will move into reading a recipe, math and measuring, and kitchen tools and equipment. We will complete our first food lab on Thursday by making fruit smoothies.
8. Prepare nutritious snacks.
Practicing safety and sanitation techniques in the laboratory
Using kitchen equipment in a correct manner
Comparing the nutritive value and cost of various foods
7th grade is continuing our research into careers with a career webquest and google slideshow. Students complete and share slideshows this week and then move into the Time Management, Goal-Setting, and Decision-Making unit.
20. Describe factors that impact choosing a career.
2. Describe the process of decision making, problem solving, and goal setting.
11. Describe time management tools and techniques.
8th will continue talking about Goal-setting, Decision-making and Time-management. The quiz has been postponed to Wednesday, September 26 due to the weather days. There will be several videos and activities to go along with each topic throughout the next 10 days.
3. Explain the impact of values, goals, and decision making on teenagers.
6. Describe the importance of teen development of time management skills