1. Permission slips for viewing the eclipse on Monday were sent home today. They are due FRIDAY. Brown–6th Grade Eclipse Permission Slip
2. Key in the zip code for HELENA (35080) and use the interactive below to see what the eclipse will look like on Monday! http://time.com/4882923/total-solar-eclipse-map-places-view/
3. Tomorrow we will go outside and try on the glasses so you can get familiar with how they fit.
4. For classwork, we will continue to learn more about eclipses by answering the questions you asked today during bell work!
1. Safety Contract (GREEN)
2. Information Sheet Slip (YELLOW)
3. Science Composition Notebook
HOMEWORK: STUDENTS—Please join the 6th Grade Guidance Counselors’ Google Classroom. The code is: 4jcherp
ANNOUNCEMENTS: REMIND 101–Stay CONNECTED! PLEASE JOIN! Remind 101 JOIN Sheet
My new 6th grade science kiddos are awesome! I am so excited about this year!
DUE TUESDAY 8/15
- Science Safety Contract (GREEN)
- Acknowledgement of my Information Sheet (YELLOW ATTACHMENT)
Today in class we did the following:
- 3-2-1—3 things I hope to learn in science 2 things I love about HMS so far 1 thing I want Mrs. B. to know about me
- Anticipation Guide and review of HMS Science Safety Contract
- Toured our science labs!
- Signed safety contracts are due TUESDAY for a responsibility grade. (Bronze)
- ME PAGES and ME PAGE PHOTOS ARE TOMORROW! Please bring your colored pencils, markers, highlighters, etc. to class. NO PERMANENT MARKERS PLEASE!
There are many ways to learn to open your locker, but this is a method I’ve used for a long time that some of you might find helpful!
Locker Cheat Sheet
Wednesday, 3/22–Today was our first day of construction on our Mars/Lunar Greenhouse Model!
Thursday, 3/23–Continue construction (Choir folks—No need to worry! You met with your group on Wednesday!)
Friday, 3/24–Finish construction
Monday, 4/3–Put the finishing touches on your Greenhouse Model. Write and practice your presentation.
Tuesday, 4/4—Present Greenhouse Model to the class; Assess cost effectiveness and participate in a Peer Review question and answer session about your model.
- Finish Mars video
- Complete “Working for NASA” Interest Inventory
- Finish Rocket Reflections
- Polish SNB
- NEW GROUPS!
- Astronaut Challenge #1—GIVE ME A HAND
- Bring your phone to use as a time keeping device.
- Astronaut Challenge #2—-TEAM WORK and TIGHT SPACES
Thursday, 3/9 (END OF 3rd 9 WEEKS)
- Brown Bag Day! Notebooks are due for 25 point GOLD GRADE.
- Activity TBA
Friday, 3/10 — NO SCHOOL! TEACHER WORK DAY!
1. Don’t forget you have a test on TUESDAY!
- Please use the SPACE EXPLORATION QUIZLET to study.
- I suggest you set the practice test feature to MATCHING. Make sure you set it up for all 25 words.
2. MONDAY–POP ROCKET CONSTRUCTION
- Bring your toilet paper/paper towel tube and any extra supplies you may need for “pop rocket” construction on Monday.
- I will provide glue, scissors, white paper, and tape.
3. DONATIONS NEEDED—-ALKA SELTZER TABLETS of ANY BRAND needed for rocket activity on WEDNESDAY!
IF YOU GO TO CVS PHARMACY—PLEASE THANK THEM FOR ALL THE MEDICINE BOTTLES THEY DONATED FOR OUR POP ROCKETS!
SPACE EXPLORATION ENGINEERING LABS
ALKA-SELTZER DONATIONS APPRECIATED FOR LAB NEXT WEEK!
WEDNESDAY 2/22—Full class period of engineer, test, re-design, and re-test a balloon rocket that follows a planned trajectory.
THURSDAY 2/23—Add and test cargo capsule to determine the fewest number of breaths required to transport 20 paper clips horizontally 2 meters.
FRIDAY 2/24—Continue the cargo transport tests vertically. Analyze and compare data gathered over the 2 days.
MONDAY 2/27—-BRING a TOILET PAPER ROLL or PAPER TOWEL ROLL to class along with any material you’d like to use to create a small “pop” rocket. :0)
TUESDAY 2/28–Vocabulary Test—Quizlet posted Tuesday 2/21
WEDNESDAY 3/1–Launch “pop” rockets if weather permits!
Today we began brainstorming the engineering plan for the “Balloon Rocket” challenge. Construction and testing will be tomorrow. You might want to bring balloons if you have any at home. . .just in case yours pops or doesn’t work out the way you expected. :0)
Here is the SPACE EXPLORATION QUIZLET to help you study for your test NEXT TUESDAY!