- Thursday, December 14, 2017 – Friday, December 15, 2017
- Class and Homework: Due on Wednesday, January 3rd!
- Cross Number Puzzle
- Santa’s Shopping Proxies – Christmas Logic Problem;
- Frosted Friendship; Blank Graph (for fun…not mandatory)
- Have a wonderful and safe holiday! Return on January 3rd, 2018 ready to learn!!!
- Class and Homework: Due on Wednesday, January 3rd!
Thank you to all those parents that helped make the holiday block party a success by providing food and/or helping set up, chaperone, and clean up from the party.
Wishing all of my students and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May you all be able to enjoy time with families and friends and get some well deserved rest!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2018!
This message is from Shelby County Schools. Shelby County Schools will be closed today, Friday, December 8th due to inclement weather. ~SCBOE: @7:15 a.m. 12-8-17
This message is from Shelby County Schools. After consulting further with our Shelby County EMA and the National Weather Service, Shelby County Schools WILL conduct a 2-hour delay Friday morning. All bus routes will delay 2 hours. Shelby County schools will delay the start of school by 2 hours. ~SCBOE: @7:20 p.m. 12-7-17
Note: We will resume regular class activities on Monday.
Below is a list of items that should be completed in order to prepare for class as we discussed. 🙂 Travel safely!!!
Math 7 and Math 7 Adv.: (periods 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th)
- Complete benchmark review
- Grade from class page of the blog
- Be prepared to start test tomorrow (Friday) and complete on Monday
- Complete any make-up work if you have time prior to coming to school! You all should know what make-up work you may have for your classes. Use this time to get caught up as much as possible!!!
- Friday, December 8
- NONE due to SNOW Day
- Monday, December 11
- Tuesday, December 12
- Social Studies 2nd Nine Weeks Benchmark
- ELA 2nd Nine Weeks Benchmark
- Wednesday, December 13
- Science 2nd Nine Weeks Benchmark
- Math 2nd Nine Weeks Benchmark (Day 2)
- Thursday, December 14
- Electives 2nd Nine Weeks Benchmark
- Make-up Tests
- Friday, December 15 – dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- Make-up Tests
- End of grading period
- Holiday Assemblies and Winter Gala (RESCHEDULED FROM 12-8-17
- Holiday Parties – CANCELLED DUE TO WINTER GALA
Dear 7th Grade Red Team Parents,
As you are aware, the students of Oak Mountain Middle School have been campaigning to raise over $20,000 for our annual Toys for Tots drive. There have been many students giving sacrificially donating their hard earned money, giving up Christmas presents of their own for money, asking for donations within the communities and at churches, doing extra chores at home and for family friends, hosting bake sales and making other crafts to sell to donate the proceeds, etc. to help us reach our goal. Even though there are other teams at the school who raised an extreme amount of money for this great cause, we are very proud that the 7th Grade Red team was able to raise a total of $2,139.92 just shy of our team goal of $2,300, and the school surpassed our $20,000 goal in just two weeks. So, we want to extend our gratitude for all that you contributed as well as supporting the U.S. Marines as well as our Toys for Tots drive. We sincerely appreciate your generosity and let you know that we are thankful for you! We were able to celebrate our school’s successful fundraising efforts in a pep rally on Friday, December 1st.
Thank you so very much,
7th Grade Red Team teachers
Students and Parents: The Speak Up 4 Schools Survey (formerly Speak Up) is open for your schools to take for the next few weeks. This is an excellent way to gather data from our parents, students, and teachers. It will provide data that we can compare to the district as well as national data.
We will be having each of our students complete the survey in the coming weeks prior to the December holidays in order to get the opinions of our students, and we would love for our parents to also provide their opinions.
The survey can be found at this link (use zip code to find our school): https://speakup.tomorrow.org/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND TIME!
OMMS has set an annual goal of $20,000 to raise to purchase holiday items for those who do not have the funds to provide gifts for Christmas. Therefore, we would love to help. We are extremely shy of our goal with only three days left in our campaign. Please help!!!
As 7th grade Red Team, we still need around $800 of our team total of $2,400. We need you, your efforts, and your contributions!
NEWS FLASH: Friday, November 14, 2017 (DURING Lead/Botvin Schedule)
The Alabama/Auburn Faculty Volleyball match is back again. In the past, we have raised close to $800 with this one event, and we would love to see if we can surpass that benchmark this year. Students will have an opportunity to purchase a ticket to attend for $2 as well as concessions for the event. If they choose not to attend, they will be in a classroom setting. This is a great opportunity to see their teachers in action on the volleyball court providing entertainment for all!!!
Come out and support!!!
Our annual Toys for Tots campaign is quickly approaching! The National Junior Honor society for OMMS is collecting money to purchase toys for families that would otherwise not have a Christmas. Last year, 7th grade Red was able to collect over $2,500, and our goal is to surpass our last year’s total! Please start collecting your change and dollars that you wish to donate.
I will be the teacher collecting money for the 7th-grade red team, and we will keep a total in each class. As there are a few students on our team that do not have me for math, please encourage them to come see me, so we can adopt them to a class so they can participate in the fun of sharing and giving as well! We will be collecting Monday, November 6th – Friday, November 16, so please be ready to donate your spare dollars and change!
If you are wanting to collect within your community and would like more information, please take the attached letter with you! (TFT SIGNED Community Letter 2017)
Ideas to raise money:
- Bake sale/lemonade stand
- Ask family, friends, neighbors
- Donate time to help with chores to earn money
- Christmas Wish List (ask for money rather than a particular gift)
- Attend the Annual OMMS Toys for Tots Faculty Auburn v. Alabama match: TBD
2nd Nine Weeks is about to begin…it is important that we start off on a great note! Here are a few reminders that will help lead to success!
- Students MUST SHOW ALL WORK for each homework assignment!!! All work needs to be done in the student’s notebook!!!
- Come to THINK TANK with any questions!!! It is held every morning from 7:15-7:40 a.m., and students have a pass in the front of their agenda!
- Students will need all materials, including agenda and textbook, composition notebook, green pen, and pencil daily!Use the page below to see items that may be helpful for you I have listed helpful handouts, important class documents, in addition to archives of the previous two years of blog postings to see what the daily agenda of the class will look like for the current year.
Get ready for Spirit week, October 2-6, as we celebrate our Eagles volleyball and football teams and homecoming on October 4th and 5th respectively. Students will be allowed to “dress up” within dress code limits as follows:
Get ready for fun as we prepare to overpower the Berry Jaguars with our Eagle spirit!
Be getting your spirit wear organized as follows:
- Monday, October 2nd: Jersey/Sports Day
- Tuesday, October 3rd: Tacky Tourist Day
- Wednesday, October 4th: Character Day
- Thursday, October 5th: Color Wars – which team has the most spirit?? – 6th will wear red; 7th wear white; 8th should wear blue
ALL ATTIRE MUST ADHERE TO DRESS CODE ON ALL DAYS. IF WEARING A HAT, BE PREPARED TO REMOVE IT DURING CLASS.