Read 15-2 pp 522-531.
Read 15-3 pp 534-543
QUIZ 15-2 TOMORROW!!
Read 15-2 pp 522-531. Quiz 15-2 Tuesday!
Here are the week’s Bell Ringers:
7. What do you know about Medieval Europe?
8. How did the mountains affect people in Europe and what did Europe’s seas and rivers provide for its people?
9. How did the pope obtain the Papal States?
10. What duties did monks have?
11. What is feudalism?
Have a great weekend!
I am sorry but due to lack of interest the Italy 2014 trip with OMHS has been canceled.
Oak Mountain High School students and their parents are invited to attend this informational meeting at Oak Mountain Middle School on Monday April 8 at 6:00pm in classroom G-7. Enter on C Hall at the West Side of OMMS.
Dark Ages Writing Assignment DUE MONDAY, APRIL 8!
Historians argue that after Rome fell Europe entered a “Dark Age.” They say it’s because nothing culturally important happened. In one paragraph (5-8 sentences) tell me your opinion. Is this really a Dark Age or was it a Middle Age between Roman civilization and the Renaissance. Support your answer with examples from the video!
3rd Nine Weeks Bell Ringer Test Tomorrow!
Here are the 3rd Nine Weeks Bell Ringers:
- What do you know/recall about the ancient Romans from something you have read or seen in a movie or on television?
- Describe the geography of Italy and Rome.
- What event(s) caused the Romans to establish a Republic?
- Who were the patricians and the plebeians?
- Explain the importance of the Roman Army.
- Who was Cincinnatus?
- Who was Julius Caesar?
- Who was Octavian?
- What was the significance of the Battle of Actium?
- What was the significance of Julius Caesar “crossing the Rubicon?”
- How did Octavian’s government reflect the ideas of Cicero?
- What was the Pax Romana and how long did it last?
- How did Augustus make the empire safer and stronger?
- Who were the “good emperors” and what did they accomplish?
- What did the Romans admire about the Greeks?
- Describe the freedoms of upper-class women that were not available to women of other classes.
- How did Diocletian try to reverse the decline of Rome?
- Which event usually marks the fall of the Western Roman Empire?
- How did the Romans rule Judaea?
- Why did many Jews leave Judaea after the A.D. 132 revolt?
- What were the main ideas Jesus taught during his life?
- Who were Peter and Paul, and why were they important?
- Who did the early Christians use as a model to organize the church? How did the early Christians organize the church?
- What was the significance of the Edict of Milan?
- Why did the Byzantine Empire have such a blending of cultures?
- How did church and government work together in the Byzantine Empire?
- What do you know about Islam?
- How did geography shape life in Arabia?
- What role do the Quran and Sunna play in Muslim daily life?
- How did Muslims treat Christians and Jews that lived within their society?
- How did the Seljuk Turks take power?
- What discovery did Muslim scientists make using the astrolabe?
Read 13-3 pp 468-476.
Quiz 13-3 Tomorrow!
Bell Ringer Test Friday, March 29.