Today and a Question for Students/Parents

closeupofbookToday I took up warm ups because I’ll be gone tomorrow with the debate team.  We took a reading quiz on chapter 5 for TKAM and read chapter 6. Homework is to finish chapter six and read chapter 7. 

Question:  What are your thoughts about To Kill a Mockingbird so far? 

Parents, did you read To Kill a Mockingbird before and what did you think of it then and what do you think of it now?

This entry was posted in To Kill a Mockingbird. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Today and a Question for Students/Parents

1. cody anger says:

my thoughts about to kill a mockingbird is that its going to relate to what we do now in modern day alabama and its going to let readers know how most people back then and some people now live.

2. jculver says:

Thank you for commenting, Cody! Now…if others would…:)

3. Teresa G says:

I read and studied this book when I was in school. I loved it then, and I’m so happy that it has been required reading for both my boys! It makes you look at the world a little differently, and slows the rush to judgment.

4. April Riley says:

I read to the book about a month ago so if Lauren had any questions I could help but the beginning was a slow read for me. I read at least one novel a week and you can tell that this was written in a different decade. Todays books seem to be written with a faster pace, and more suspense, maybe to compete with the world of technology we live in. At first when I completed the book I questioned why children are still required to read it. The more I thought about it the more reasons I found agreeing that they should read the book. Besides the whole diversity issue the book showes the close bond between a brother and sister.

5. Savannah Cambron says:

I like this book so far! I like how scout describes things, and how the characters act so much like actual life.