Monday, October 17
—cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
- Bellringer #34, Writer’s Choice pg. 841 9-10
- Review tests on Gatsby 6-9 (Had to wait to make sure everyone made up.)Remember that notebooks are due Tuesday and that essay is due Wed.
- KWL #1 in your new TOC: What do you KNOW about Hiroshima? What do you WANT to know about Hiroshima? What have we LEARNED about Hiroshima?
- Background video on Hiroshima (found on online textbook link) I’ll show in class.
- Literature book: In textbook, turn to 982. Read Literary Analysis: Theme and Perspective. We’ll be paying special attention to OBJECTIVE perspective and SUBJECTIVE perspective while reading these two texts. One is nonfiction and the other is poetry.
- Write down the five vocabulary words with their short definitions that you found on page 982. This will be #2 in your notebook.
- Read about John Hersey on page 983. Discuss as class.
- Distribute note taking graphic organizer to use during our reading/listening. This will be #3 in your notebook.
- Reading and listening to “from Hiroshima” pages 985-995 (Begin today. We will finish in class tomorrow and Wednesday.)
Tuesday, October 18
- Bellringer #35 Writer’s Choice pg. 842 1-2
- Turn in notebook. Staple in top left. Make sure your name is on it. You should have the following:
- Anticipation Guide for TGG
- Prezi Notes: Gatsby
- Summary Squares for TGG
- Chapter 1 Reading Guide
- Chapter 2 Reading Guide
- Chapter 3 Reading Guide
- Chapters 1-4 Character Map
- Chapter 5-6 Reading Guide
- Chapter 7 Questions
- Venn Diagram
- MLA Review
Literature Book: Continue work from Monday.
Wednesday, October 19
Bellringer #36: Writer’s Choice page 842 3-4
*****MOVED DUE DATE TO FRIDAY!!!!—->Literary Analysis Essays on TGG are due turned into Google Classroom by
today. Friday, Oct. 21. If you turn it in late, ten points will be deducted per day.
Literature Book: Continue reading “from Hiroshima” in the textbook, then turn to page 995 1-6. Write question and answer OR rewrite the question into your complete sentence when you answer. Turn in. Bronze grade. Due tomorrow. Will not take it late unless you are absent today.
Last Presidential Debate before election
Thursday, October 20
Bellringer #37: Writer’s Choice, page 842 5-7
Literature Book: Review questions from page 995 and the graphic organizer.
Read about Randall Jarrell, author of “The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner”, on page 996
Read and listen to the poem “The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner” on page 997
Use graphic organizer for “The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner” #4
Questions on same page 1-3 as groups/Share answers with class
Friday, October 21
Bellringer #38: Writer’s Choice, page 843 8-10
ACT English Practice Test: Take and then spend time reviewing
HHS vs. Chelsea HS away game