November 2017 update

Parents,

Since everything is on Google Classroom these days, I thought I’d update parents on this site so you could feel more in touch with what’s going on in the classroom.

English 11 Classes:

We are done with chapter two in John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. The books are in my class and we are reading it in class. So far, the majority of the students are on board! I think they like the characters, understand the time period (Dust Bowl/Depression), and frankly, they like how short the novel is.  We will finish the novel well before exams. There will be a test on Of Mice and Men and it will be a gold grade. That is the next gold grade.

When students get back from Christmas break, we will be reading “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, “The Outcasts of Poker Flat” by Bret Harte, among other texts. I have all of these in my room.

English 9 Honors Classes:

We are almost done with The Odyssey. Students are working on their foldables for a gold grade. There will also be a gold grade test on the actual text of The Odyssey (which is in their textbook). The test will most likely be on the Thursday after Thanksgiving.

We will be reading Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare when we get back from Christmas.

Creative Writing:

Students are working on their third short story and will have plenty of time in the computer lab to finish by the due date of December 5. It will be a gold grade. There is no semester exam for creative writing.

Some photos from the first semester:

Honors 9th Photos

This entry was posted in American Dream, Creative Writing. Bookmark the permalink.