- Thursday, December 18, 2014 – Friday, December 19, 2014
- Class and Homework: Due on Monday, January 5th!
- Cross Number Puzzle
- Santa’s Shopping Proxies – Christmas Logic Problem;
- Frosted Friendship; Blank Graph (for fun…not mandatory)
- Have a wonderful and safe holiday! Return on January 5th, 2015 ready to learn!!!
- Class and Homework: Due on Monday, January 5th!
Thank you to all those parents that helped make the holiday block party a success by providing food and/or helping set up, chaperone, and clean up from the party.
Wishing all of my students and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May you all be able to enjoy time with families and friends and get some well deserved rest!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2015!
Students and Parents: The Speak Up 4 Schools Survey (formerly Speak Up) is open for your schools to take for the next few weeks. This is an excellent way to gather data from our parents, students, and teachers. It will provide data that we can compare to the district as well as national data.
We will be taking our students to the computer labs next week in their science classes (7th grade) in order to get the opinions of our students, and we would love for our parents to also provide their opinions.
The survey can be found at this link (use zip code to find our school): http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND TIME!
- Monday, December 15
- Science – Grades 6, 7, 8
- Tuesday, December 16
- Social Studies – Grades 6, 7, 8
- Wednesday, December 17
- Math– Grades 6, 7, 8 ***Semester Test***
- Thursday, December 18
- ELA – Grades 6, 7, 8 ***Semester Test***
- Math (Day 2) – Grades 6, 7, 8 ***Semester Test***
- Friday, December 19 – dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
- End of grading period
- Holiday Assemblies
With the end of the semester near, we started a week long semester review for the upcoming semester test. Students will be given two days for the semester test (Wednesday, and Thursday, December 17-18). As you can imagine, this test covers a lot of material and requires students to apply several concepts within one question. I encourage all students to come get extra help in the mornings during Think Tank (7:15-7:40am). They can also come ask quick questions during 8th period every day.
Our students have been working extremely hard the entire semester and we will do everything we can to help them be successful!!!
Students: Please complete the following Google Docs form by Thursday, November 13, 2014!!!
Click here to take survey!!!
Our annual Toys for Tots campaign is quickly approaching! The National Junior Honor society for OMMS is collecting money to purchase toys for families that would otherwise not have a Christmas. Last year, we were able to collect over $2,500, and our goal is to surpass our last year’s total! Please start collecting your change and dollars that you wish to donate.
I will be the teacher collecting money for the 7th grade red team, and we will keep a total in each class. As there are a few students on our team that do not have me for math, please encourage them to come see me, so we can adopt them to a class so they can participate in the fun of sharing and giving as well! We will be collecting Monday, November 10th – Friday, November 21st, so please be ready to donate your spare dollars and change!
If you are wanting to collect within your community and would like more information, please take the attached letter with you! (TFT Community Letter 2014)
Ideas to raise money:
- Bake sale
- Ask family, friends, neighbors
- Donate time to help with chores to earn money
- Attend the Annual OMMS Toys for Tots Faculty Auburn v. Alabama match: Thursday, November 20th!
The “CAN you?” can food drive starts on Monday, October 6th. Send in any cans that you wish to donate to your 4th period (homeroom) teacher to see how many people we can help out. Do what you can!
FYI: The grade level homeroom that brings in the most cans will win a pizza party!
Get ready for Spirit week, September 15-18, as we celebrate our Eagles football team and homecoming on September 18. Students will be allowed to “dress up” within dress code limits as follows:
Be getting your spirit wear organized as follows:
- Monday, 9-15 - Pirate, Sailor or Beach Day – “Make the Bucs walk the plank” Wear your pirate gear, sailor or beach clothes
- Tuesday, 9-16 - Camo Day – “Surfin Safari” as we hunt down the Bucs – camo wear, but no face paint or masks
- Wednesday, 9-17 – Tacky Tourist Day “Tacky Tourist” as we “attack” the Bucs wearing crazy clothes!
- Thursday, 9-18- OM Spirit wear as we prove “OMMS football & fans are nothing but the Best!”
Please make note of the following OMMS Events:
Tuesday, August 12th: 6th Grade Open House 6 – 8 p.m.
Friday, August 15th: Back to School Gala 7 – 10 p.m. (See school news for details)
Saturday, August 16th: Oak Mountain Sports Festival/Fish Fry (Heardmont) 3 – 9 p.m.
Tuesday, August 19th: 7th/8th Grade Open House 6- 8 p.m.