Get ready for Spirit week, September 15-18, as we celebrate our Eagles football team and homecoming on September 18. Students will be allowed to “dress up” within dress code limits as follows:
Be getting your spirit wear organized as follows:
- Monday, 9-15 - Pirate, Sailor or Beach Day – “Make the Bucs walk the plank” Wear your pirate gear, sailor or beach clothes
- Tuesday, 9-16 - Camo Day – “Surfin Safari” as we hunt down the Bucs – camo wear, but no face paint or masks
- Wednesday, 9-17 – Tacky Tourist Day “Tacky Tourist” as we “attack” the Bucs wearing crazy clothes!
- Thursday, 9-18- OM Spirit wear as we prove “OMMS football & fans are nothing but the Best!”
Please make note of the following OMMS Events:
Tuesday, August 12th: 6th Grade Open House 6 – 8 p.m.
Friday, August 15th: Back to School Gala 7 – 10 p.m. (See school news for details)
Saturday, August 16th: Oak Mountain Sports Festival/Fish Fry (Heardmont) 3 – 9 p.m.
Tuesday, August 19th: 7th/8th Grade Open House 6- 8 p.m.
Welcome back to school for the 2014-2015 school year! I look forward to meeting each and everyone of my students and your parents! Have an AWESOME first week of school and a GREAT 7th grade year.
Below you will find the links to the Google Apps information. Please use to print/read the permission form. As these forms were to go home with report cards on Friday, we have found that some parents did not receive due to loss by student or the student did not receive the information with their report card.
http://www.shelbyed.k12.al.us/tech/index.htm (located on the tech. page of the county website)
Direct links to the information and permission form:
Homework, Bell Ringers, Notes, and Handouts will all be posted daily for your class on the individual class page. If you have trouble finding the information you need, just send a post or an e-mail, and I will be glad to help you out!
This is a little jingle that might help you remember the rules for adding integers.
Remember from class:
- Same signs
- Add the numbers
- Keep the sign
- Different signs
- Subtract the numbers (larger-smaller)
- Keep the sign of larger number
Same sign add and keep,
Different signs subtract.
Take the sign of the larger number,
Your answer will be exact.