- Monday, March 3
- Reading/English/Language Arts– Grades 6,7, 8
- Tuesday, March 4
- Reading/English/Language Arts– Grades 6,7, 8
- Wednesday, March 5
- Science – all grades
- Math (Day 1) – Grades 6, 7, 8
- Thursday, March 6
- Social Studies– all grades
- Math (Day 2) – Grades 6, 7, 8
- Friday, March 7 – Grading Period Ends (all grades due)
- Make up testing for all grades
- Friday, March 14th - Report Cards Sent Home
Spring Break is coming up soon…March 24th-28th! Let’s have a strong finish to the 3rd Nine Weeks and an excellent start to the 4th Nine Weeks!
Students and parents:
Please check the SCBOE Home page for updates regarding scheduled school hours for the week. The county office will make announce decisions regarding school closings for Wednesday by Tuesday afternoon.
Please have students check their class pages as they have been updated to make sure they are as prepared as possible for their class upon returning to school.
- Study for your Chapter 10 Volume test, and be prepared to take it on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH!!!
- Make Geometry Vocabulary and formula notecards using the Geometry Definitions and Formulas Worksheet Key (68 in all)
- Copy Lesson 12 Completed Notes; Lesson 12 Notes Handout
- Use Lesson 12 Notes to try GM7 page 798 (1-18 all, omit 4, 11, 12) GM7 page 798; GM7 page 799
- Copy 10-2B Completed Notes – Math 7; 10-2B Notes Handout – Math 7
- Copy 10-2E Completed Notes (Surface Area); 10-2E Notes Handout (Surface Area)
I am asking you to do these things if possible as your efforts at home will help tremendously with understanding the material since we are losing valuable class time.
Additionally, visit the following websites to help you gain a better understanding of the three-dimensional figures we are referring to in class:
- Complete Systems of Equations Review Worksheet #2
- Grade using Chapter 8 Systems of Equations Review Worksheet #2 Key (15 questions, 15 point grade…each question is all or nothing) BE HONEST!
- Be ready to ask questions first part of class upon returning!
- Complete Chapter 8 Systems of Equations Bonus (Systems of Equations Ex Prac Worksheet)
- Study for your Chapter 8 Systems test and be prepared to take it on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH!
- Copy 10-1 Notes – Pre-Algebra 7, 10-4 Completed Notes – Pre-Algebra 7; 10-4 Notes Handout – Pre-Algebra 7
Wishing everyone on the roads safe travels, and please be careful. We are thinking about you as you are traveling to be with your families and loved ones.
We do still have many students and teachers camping out at school for the night, and keeping everyone company.
I know some of you are concerned about homework (and of course, we have others who are not…don’t worry, I do understand). So, if you can, see my suggestions below:
- Study for your Chapter 5, 12 Quiz and be prepared to take it when we return.
- Copy 10-1E, 10-1F Notes if possible as that will help tremendously since we are losing class time.
- Copy notes for the week (yes, Monday – Friday) if possible. It will help in class!
- Glance at the homework, and try a couple of problems on your own.
Below you will find the links to the Google Apps information. Please use to print/read the permission form. As these forms were to go home with report cards on Friday, we have found that some parents did not receive due to loss by student or the student did not receive the information with their report card.
http://www.shelbyed.k12.al.us/tech/index.htm (located on the tech. page of the county website)
Direct links to the information and permission form:
Due to possible freezing temperatures, Shelby County Schools will delay the start of school Monday and Tuesday, January 6th and 7th, by two hours. Bus schedules will run on a two-hour delay as well. Due to the delayed start of school time, breakfast will not be served.
~SCBOE: posted 1-3-14
Thank you to all those parents that helped make the holiday block party a success by providing food and/or helping set up, chaperone, and clean up from the party.
Wishing all of my students and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May you all be able to enjoy time with families and friendsand get some well deserved rest!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2014!
With the end of the semester near, we started a week long semester review for the upcoming semester test. Students will be given two days for the semester test (Thursday and Friday, December 12-13). As you can imagine, this test covers a lot of material and requires students to apply several concepts within one question. I encourage all students to come get extra help in the mornings during Think Tank (7:15-7:40am). They can also come ask quick questions during 8th period every day.
Our students have been working extremely hard the entire semester and we will do everything we can to help them be successful!!!
Our annual Toys for Tots campaign is quickly approaching! The National Junior Honor society for OMMS is collecting money to purchase toys for families that would otherwise not have a Christmas. Last year, we were able to collect over $2,500, and our goal is to surpass our last year’s total! Please start collecting your change and dollars that you wish to donate.
I will be the teacher collecting money for the 7th grade red team, and we will keep a total in each class. As there are a few students on our team that do not have me for math, please encourage them to come see me, so we can adopt them to a class so they can participate in the fun of sharing and giving as well! We will be collecting Tuesday, November 12th – Tuesday, November 26th, so please be ready to donate your spare dollars and change!
If you are wanting to collect within your community and would like more information, please take the attached letter with you! (TFT Community Letter 2013)