- Monday, October 3, 2016
- Social Studies Test
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016
- Math Test (Day 1, complete on Wednesday)
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- English Language Arts Test
- Thursday, October 6, 2016
- Science Test
- Electives Test
- Friday, October 7, 2016
- Make-up tests
- All grades due
- Monday, October 10, 2016
- No School – Teacher Workday
- Friday, October 14, 2016
- Report Cards sent home
Get ready for Spirit week, September 26-30, as we celebrate our Eagles football and volleyball teams and homecoming on September 29. Students will be allowed to “dress up” within dress code limits as follows:
Get ready for fun as we prepare to overpower the Liberty Park Lancers with our Eagle spirit!
Be getting your spirit wear organized as follows:
- Monday, September 26th: Doctor Day – Once our Eagles swoop down on the Lancers, they’ll need medical help!
- Tuesday, September 27th: Super Hero – Overpower the Lancers with your Super Hero super skills!
- Wednesday, September 28th: Board Game – Dress as your favorite board game piece as we outsmart the Lancers!
- Thursday, September 29th: Color Wars – which team has the most spirit?? – 6th will wear red; 7th wear blue; 8th should wear white
- Friday, September 30th: Flashback Friday – Throwback to a fun Eagle spirit moment!
ALL ATTIRE MUST ADHERE TO DRESS CODE ON ALL DAYS. IF WEARING A HAT, BE PREPARED TO REMOVE IT DURING CLASS.
The OMMS 7th and 8th Grade Open House will be on Monday, August 22nd! Below you will find the documents that I will review with you in person. While this is a good substitute if you cannot make it to school this evening, it will not replace putting a face and voice with the parent/guardian of my students. I look forward to meeting you!
Power Point Presentation: 2016-17 Open House Power Point Ferguson 7R
I am excited to teach your children this year!
Please make note of the following OMMS Events:
- Friday, August 12th: Back to School Gala 1 – 3 p.m. (See school news for details)
- Saturday, August 13th: Oak Mountain Sports Festival/Fish Fry (Heardmont) 3 – 10 p.m.
- Monday, August 22nd: 7th/8th Grade Open House 6 – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30th: 6th Grade Open House 6 – 8 p.m.
Homework, Bell Ringers, Notes, and Handouts will all be posted daily for your class on the individual class page. If you have trouble finding the information you need, just send a post or an e-mail, and I will be glad to help you out!
Welcome back to school for the 2016-2017 school year! I look forward to meeting each and everyone of my students and your parents! Have an AWESOME first week of school and a GREAT 7th grade year. 🙂
This is a little jingle that might help you remember the rules for adding integers.
Remember from class:
- Same signs
- Add the numbers
- Keep the sign
- Different signs
- Subtract the numbers (larger-smaller)
- Keep the sign of larger number