All students in my classes are currently working on learning how to type without looking at their keys. There are many free typing websites. I have several listed and linked some of them in the side bar to the right.
Make sure students are practicing their typing skills without looking at their keys (except for initial placement of their hands on home row).
Welcome back to school!
This is what we will be covering the first few days of class:
- Classroom and safety rules
- Shelby County Technology Acceptable Use Policies
- Class syllabus
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Logging-in to the network
- Proper posture and technique for typing (also known as keyboarding)
- Beginning to type without looking at hands or keys
- Rules and safety test
The syllabus as well as rules presentations will be added here in the next few days. There will be forms to sign and return beginning next week.
Other items to be covered are assigned seats, restroom breaks, lunch, emergency procedures (severe weather, fire, lock down), and supplies (Rarely needed, but needed - pen/pencil and paper. Daily needed – their agenda. Optional - ear buds or headphones – cheap ones.).