up to 23,500 words in Gifted in Space

thought I’d add a bit of what I worked on this week:

Ichabod, humiliated, left the story stage in search of comfort food and finding it all cleared away was on the way out the door headed for the truck when one final storyteller began with a story so great Ichabod was stopped dead in his tracks.

“Stop dead in your tracks,” the storyteller began, “And listen to the tale of the Headless Horseman.”

The storyteller continued with a tale that was honestly not very scary to the crew of the Starship Mayfield: there was a guy, he was headless, he seemed only to appear at nights and he just basically ran with people and scared them before disappearing. The story, however, had a terrifying effect upon the residents of Sleepy Hollow – and Ichabod.

“Didn’t anyone notice that Brom seemed to be the hero of that story?” Captain Patrick said to his crew once the story was told and everyone raided the kitchen for comfort food.

“Yeah, it sound suspicious that there’s only one person not scared of the thing and he’s known for his practical jokes,” Abbey said.

“Sir, the whole thing reminds me of a show I used to watch on the Hallmark feed,” Jade said, “There was this guy who liked this girl only he didn’t have the words to express his feelings. He did though know when a potential rival was in his midst and so when one arouse he played on the rival’s fear of some vegetable, I think it was broccoli…”

Captain Patrick shuddered at mention of his arch-enemy.