S.T.E.A.M. Lab “Inspiration”

I am so stinkin’ excited because I just found out that the library is going to receive funds from the Shelby County Education Foundation so that we can purchase some new items for our library S.T.E.A.M. lab.  Back in February, I put in an application for an Inspire the Journey Grant.  My proposal was called, “Problem-Solving and Innovating with S.T.E.A.M.”  Today, Kendall Williams from the Education Foundation showed up at my school with a big ole’ check!

I’m not sure when I actually get to purchase everything but I’ve got my fingers crossed that when the kids return in the Fall, they’ll be greeted with our new gadgets and gizmos.  This grant will allow our kids to gain additional skills in construction, engineering, programming, robotics, mathematics, and electronics.  Specifically, I’ve been approved to purchase the following:  a Keeva Contraption Kit, an Ozobot set, a Goobi Construction Set, Makey Makey programming items, a Hands on Equations Kit, a Lego Large Creative box (we’re going to have a Lego Wall), Arduino Electronics, and a Hummingbird Robotics Kit.  What a great day!!!