Here’s a few items of celebration certainly worthy of sharing:
1. Congratulations to Mr. Mayfield! He was recognized by the Office of Research on Teaching in the Disciplines in the College of Education at The University of Alabama and was awarded the 2015 Excellence in Teaching in English/Language Arts! We’re proud to call you a Wildcat, Mr. Mayfield!
2. Mrs. Jones and our Battle of the Books team made us proud, too, as they competed in the middle school division last week and brought home a second place trophy! Team members include Rhianna Anderson, Billy Fryer, Rachael Reeves, Nicole Smith, and Victoria Snyder. Congratulations to all!
3. Recognition goes to 11 of our current 7th graders who were recognized by Duke University’s Talent Identification Program. Of those 11 identified (which is an awesome honor), 7 of our students received recognition as their ACT scores placed them in the top 1% in the state of Alabama. Of those 7 students, one received Grand Recognition for placing in the top 1% nationally. Thanks for representing us so well!
4. Congrats to Mrs. Bailey and all of our CNP staff! Their latest inspection by the State Department of Health earned them a perfect 100 rating. CMS’s CNP rocks the school!
5. Mrs. Karen Lilly earns the next “write-up” as she is officially recognized this Tuesday (4/21) as CMS’s Support Person of the Year. She was also selected as the Shelby County Instructional Support Person of the Year and will compete at the next level for the overall Shelby County SPOY! Good luck to her!
6. Coach/Mr. Dustin Smith will have a big Wednesday (4/29) as he will be recognized as CMS’s 2015 Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce’s Secondary Educator of the Year Nominee. He, too, will hopefully be selected as the overall winner!
7. Congratulations to CMS bus driver, Susan Price! She brought home the first place trophy in this year’s Bus Road-e-o! Check out the article and pictures at: http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/scs-news/2015/04/20/shelby-county-school-district-holds-annual-bus-road-e-o/