Please use the join code given to you in class and join the English 11 group on edmodo. I will begin using edmodo to give the daily agenda, assignments, reminders, handouts, and etc. See you on edmodo!
1. We began reading Act 1 of The Crucible in class today. Students added details to their character list. Be sure to get these from someone if you were absent.
August and September English 11 Calendar
1. We finished watching the Witch Trials video. Students turned in the questions. Please be sure to give me yours if you were absent.
2. I returned the summer reading tests for students to see their grades.
3. Students copied The Crucible Character List from the board. The list is still on the board. Be sure to copy the list because we will add character descriptions as we read the play.
1. Students took the Summer Reading Test on Tuesdays with Morrie. See me ASAP to schedule your make-up test!
2. We continued watching the Witch Trials video.
Students began watching the History Channel Witch Trials video. Students had to answer questions as they watched the video. The questions will be due when we finish with the video.
Summer Reading Test on Wednesday!
1. Students who did not finish in class on Friday turned in their Journey Maps.
2. Students received an article (see me for a copy) about McCarthyism, which we discussed in class.
3. We also discussed why Arthur Miller wrote The Crucible and its connection to McCarthyism.
4. Students completed the Anticipation Guide, and then we discussed some of the students’ answers.
5. Students must complete the bottom of the Guide for homework.
The Crucible Anticipation Guide
1. Students turned in Student Profiles and Blogger Guidelines.
2. We discussed how to complete Bell Ringers every day!
3. Students completed the Journey Map assignment. Those who needed extra time were allowed to finish over the weekend.
4. Students received their literature textbooks. These books may be kept at home as long as we have a class set to use at school.
Journey Map Assignment