AMONG THE IMPOSTERS

October 25, 2007 on 1:21 pm | In Uncategorized | 35 Comments

The boys at Hendricks School for Boys have referred to Luke a.k.a. Lee Grant as an exnay, a fonrol, and a lecker. What do you think each of these words mean?

35 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. I think they mean loser.

Comment by Kyle — October 25, 2007 #

2. Mrs. Tidmore I think that all of those words mean third child and every one has figured out that Luke was a third child.

Comment by Rebecca Tucker — October 25, 2007 #

3. I think that they are words that means a third child or a imposter.

Comment by Taryn Green — October 25, 2007 #

4. I think exnay means loser. Fonrol means school droper. Leker means someone who runs away.

Lizzy

Comment by Elizabeth Hatcher — October 25, 2007 #

5. I think exnay means idiot. I think fonrol means dumby. I think lecker means illegal.

Comment by Tyler Keenum — October 25, 2007 #

6. Dear Mrs.Tidmore,
    I think those words was bad words an they were words that you said to make fun of people.
    Hollie Whitner

Comment by Hollie Whitner — October 25, 2007 #

7. I think exnay means stuped and fonrol means ediet and lecker means ugly.Thats what I think the words mean.

Comment by Beyton Yager — October 25, 2007 #

8. Dear Mrs. Tidmore,
    I really don’t know what those words mean. But I’m pretty sure they were not in another laungage.

Yours Truly,
    Jacob

Comment by Jacob Edmondson — October 25, 2007 #

9. imposter

Comment by Quintin Burns — October 25, 2007 #

10. I’ve heard my brothers say it all the time. I don’t really know what ex-nay means or any of the other means but I guess it means no,stop or a stupid person. Fonrol I guess means Idiot or n00b(a new not very educated person at a game or any other possible thing that a person can be a new person at). And lecker this is a crazy guess but maybe a person who has done something Illegal

Comment by Jason Isbell — October 25, 2007 #

11. For one I think exnay means idiot. Fonrol means loser & lecker means imposter. The reason you stopped when you said jen was dead is because she is there.

Comment by Owen Barnes — October 25, 2007 #

12. Dear Mrs.Tidmore
    I exnay, fonrol,andlec,and lecker means wierdo and meanyou are a dork.

Comment by Skyler Wilson — October 25, 2007 #

13. I think it means hello welcome to our school and you are welcome with kind behavoir and good attiude and things to come to your future and hope you like this school.

Comment by Tamara Dickey — October 25, 2007 #

14. Dear Mrs.Tidmore,
    I think that exnay means that you are not smart. I think that fonrol means that you are a fool. And I think that lecker means that you are a loser.

Comment by Stephanie Abrams — October 25, 2007 #

15. Dear Mrs.Tidmore
    Mrs tidmore your good book are so great and cool like among the hidden
    and among the imposters they are just cool and I was going to give a book but the book fair had close and I,m so sorry that I did not give you A book because I was A little bit busy with some work that you gave me and Mrs.Tidmore and do you know that all the students that you have in your classroom love you?
    because we love you very very much because if you halft to leave us will would be not have any fun because no matter what we will always love you even when we think your bening mean because we no better and we always respect you all the time

Comment by Jason Pickett — October 25, 2007 #

16. Dear Mrs.Tidmore
    because we love you very very much because if you halft to leave us will would be not have any fun because no matter what we will always love you even when we think your bening mean because we no better and we always respect you all the time.
    Yours truly
    Jason Pickett

17. I think it meens that you are not welcome to this school that you should leave right now.

Comment by Sydney — October 25, 2007 #

18. Dear mrs. Tidmore,
    I think the words exnay, fonrol and lecker mean… doughnut, cocoa, and wierdo!!!

Yours Truly,
    Brookelynn Dunn

Comment by Brookelynn Dunn — October 25, 2007 #

19. I love it!!!

Comment by Book Worm — November 3, 2008 #

20. I think exnay means outcast, fonrol means retard, and lecker is somehting like not wanted, you don’t deserve anything etc.

Comment by Twilightfanatic — May 5, 2009 #

21. actually, i think fonrol means something along the lines of country person, hill billy, etc!

22. i am reading the book in school and we get questions about what we read and one of the questions was to define the words lecker exnay and fonrol.. in the book it tells you what a lecker and exnay is but not what a fonrol is..a lecker is: someone from the country. an exnay is: a third child and im not sure about fonrol..!

Comment by carolina — May 5, 2009 #

23. I think fonrol means dork or idiot the he says it I read the first book yesterday and I am reading the second book today

Comment by bABYKITTY — May 26, 2009 #

24. fonrol: any third child
    exnay: third child with a fake identity
    lecker: person from the country

Comment by Clarisse — July 9, 2009 #

25. fonrol idiot

exnay weird pig latin term

lecker south african slang

Comment by Grace — October 30, 2009 #

26. Exnay means a third child with a fake i.d card. It’s in the book Chapter 20

Comment by Nikki — December 30, 2009 #

27. Exnay means a third child who came out of hiding with a fake i.d, fonrol means a third child hiding or not and a lecker means someone from the country

Comment by Nikki — December 30, 2009 #

28. fonrol means weirdo exnay means stupid and lecker means lame

Comment by ann — January 24, 2010 #

29. ex-nay is a pig-latin word thhat means nix or illegal, fonrol is fool, lecker is creepy

Comment by Surya — February 13, 2010 #

30. in chapter 20 lecker means someone from the country

Comment by Alex — April 26, 2010 #

31. oops
    well they didnt say what fonrol mennt or what exnay meant either but im guessing that they mean what i said

Comment by Alex — April 26, 2010 #

32. Uhm… Sorry if I’m not supposed to be posting on here but… I read this series too, and it was good… I went to http://www.ask.com to find out what these words meant, and I found this site! How conveinent. And uh… A few words of advice: Stay in school. :D

Comment by Ohai — June 19, 2010 #

33. exnay means unmentionable
    fonrol means someone who has alot of children
    lecker means like, yummy….. but its also used as a insult….

basicly they are just calling him a loser

Comment by lexie — April 17, 2011 #

34. Exnay means illegal, 3rd child; etc. lecker means from the country;poor, dirty, farmers, etc. And fonrol means idiot

Comment by Evan — January 26, 2012 #

35. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

Comment by Camille Mayer — August 27, 2012 #