To play volleyball, one must tryout and register. Click on the links below to complete requirements!
- 2017 OMMS/OMHS Volleyball Registration (Complete survey to register)
- 2017 OMMS Volleyball Tryout Packet
- (Includes the information below)
- 2017 OMMS VOLLEYBALL TRYOUT FORMS
- 2017-18 OMMS Athletic Required Eligibility Forms (Include birth certificate, copy of updated physical, and star certificate)
- 2017 OMMS Athletics Handbook
- 2017 OMMS Volleyball Program Policies
- 2017 OMMS Volleyball Program Fees Form
We are excited about all of those students that show interest in our volleyball program by picking up a tryout packet (all forms included above). Remember, the above forms are due by Friday, April 7th to Coach Pierce for upcoming 7th graders and Coach Alaimo (B-18) for upcoming 8th graders!
In the week before tryouts, you want to make sure that you are preparing your body and mind for the week of tryouts. It is a good idea to make sure that you are getting plenty of rest, eating healthy, reviewing your basic volleyball skills (passing, serving, setting, hitting, and blocking), and making sure that you are ready to have a great tryout!
Volleyball Tryout Information:
Dates: Monday, April 10 – Thursday, April 13
Times: 3:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Monday (7th Grade only) – 3:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday (8th Grade only) – 3:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday (7th and 8th Grade) – 3:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- ***FIRST CUT WILL BE MADE AFTER WEDNESDAY***
- Thursday (7th and 8th Grade) – 3:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- ***FINAL CUT WILL BE MADE AFTER THURSDAY, and teams will be posted on homepage of blog by 7:00 p.m.***
Location: OMMS Gym
Be Prepared: T-shirt, shorts or spandex, athletic shoes, knee pads (optional), WATER. No jewelry, metal barrettes, sandals, or gum.
What happens after you make the team:
- Parent and Athlete are to attend a Mandatory Team Meeting on Tuesday, 4/18/2017 @ 6:00 p.m., at OMMS Cafeteria.
- Athletes are to attend summer workout sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. beginning June 5, 2017. More info will be given at the meeting.
- Athletes are to attend a summer camp: July 13-14th.; cost $120
- Cost for Team Camp is due at the parent meeting.
Remember: The 2016 OMMS Tryout Packet is due to Coach Pierce (A20) for 7th and Coach Alaimo (B18) for 8th by Friday 4/7/2017.
If you have any immediate questions, contact Coach Alaimo (firstname.lastname@example.org).