- There is no school Monday due to the Labor Day holiday.
- The deadline to submit your payment for books required for Literature is now 8 a.m. Tuesday, September 2.
- SGA reps and officers will meet Tuesday, September 2, 7:20 a.m. in G-7.
- 7/8th only:
Any student on the elective wheel interested in joining FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) should stop by Mrs. Graham’s room (C5) to sign-up or visit the FBLA blog and leave a message. The FBLA club is responsible for the annual OM sweatpants sale and uses fundraising projects to learn and practice business skills while raising money for various community charities.
- From Deputy Morgan, OMHS:
If you are planning on attending an OMHS football game without a parent, please follow these directions regarding student drop-off/pick-up:
- Students may be dropped off near the admissions ticket booth, but parents are to pick up at either the playground or in front of the Shelby County Senior Center. Parents should enter at the main entrance of Heardmont when picking students and not use the entrance by the recycle bins and Eagle Club parking.
- Students will not be allowed to hang out in front of the ticket booth waiting for a ride. Do not park and block traffic in this area waiting for your student.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter at the entrance by the home stands after the game.
- Students are not allowed to throw footballs or any other objects in the area behind the home or visitor stands. Items will be confiscated and turned in to Deputy Morgan.
* Congratulations to our 7th grade volleyball team for their win over Simmons!
* 7th & 8th grade boys interested in trying out for the OMHS freshman soccer team should plan to attend a player/parent meeting on Thursday, September 25, 6-7 p.m. in the OMHS cafeteria. Questions should be related to Coach DeMasters at the high school.