- Benchmarks continue tomorrow with ELA. Students who miss a benchmark should make arrangements with the appropriate teacher about making up missed tests. Opportunities will be provided when we return January 5 for make-up testing.
- Please be reminded that no “open” food or beverage can be left in a locker. All food should be securely wrapped. Students not returning for the 2nd semester are reminded to clean out both your hall and PE locker before leaving.
- Recently ordered spirit wear will be distributed at 8th period today.
- FCA meets tomorrow, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building. Please remember tomorrow is the last day to donate your gently used sporting equipment to be shared with athletes in need.
- Winter Guard members are reminded you’re yearbook photo will be taken today during advisory. Please check in for attendance and then proceed to the gym.
- Good luck to our basketball teams as they play Thompson today! Boys away, girls home. Boys may dismiss after checking in for 8th period attendance.
- The OMHS basketball camp is next Monday, 12/22, for students in grades 2-8. Please contact Amcgowan@shelbyed.k12.al.us for details and registration.
UNCLAIMED CLOTHING IS OUT THE DOOR AT 3 P.M. TODAY!
- Meeting today: Science Club until 4:30 p.m. in the C-17 lab; Phase I members will report to A-19 prior to departing for the field trip.
- Destination Imagination will meet this Thursday, 3-4 p.m. to finalize teams and prepare for the first competition. All members are encouraged to be present. If unable to do so, please let Mrs. Howton know that you would still like to be a part of the team prior to Thursday. For more information about future team meetings, competition dates, team information, etc. please visit the Library blog at http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/whowton/category/destination-imagination/
- Please turn in the white copy only of Recognition notices to the front office by Thursday to be eligible for Friday’s prize drawing. You must be present at the holiday assembly in order to win!
- Benchmarks continue tomorrow with Social Studies.
- Eagle Ambassadors are reminded of the breakfast Wednesday in B-10, 7:15 a.m. Just bring yourself!
- Still need sweatpants? Check in with the front office or Mrs. Graham.
Good luck to our basketball teams as they play Clay today – boys away, girls home. Boys have permission to dismiss after checking in for 8th period attendance.
FCA will meet this Thursday, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building. Please remember to support the FCA “Gear up for Christmas” by donating gently used or new sporting equipment. Please bring to the front office by Thursday morning – thank you!
- Please bring any yearbook purchase or ad money to the front office ASAP.
- A limited supply of sweatpants is available for purchase as follows: Adult XXL in grey or navy, L in grey or navy, S in grey or navy, M in both. A few youth medium and several youth XL are also available.
- Good luck to our math teams as they compete tomorrow. Please arrive to Vestavia High School by 8:15 a.m.
- As we anticipate Christmas festivities, please remember to avoid bringing any food product containing nuts or peanut butter.
- If you lost a fuzzy blanket this morning, please see Mrs. Rucker to claim. All lost clothing from PE is on the stage – please act responsibly to look for your items. Unclaimed items from the gym and office will be donated to charity next Wednesday.
- Phase I has a field trip Monday, 3-5:30 p.m. to Danbury Retirement Village. Please wear your t-shirt and bring your community connection documentation.
- Congratulations to these students named weekly recognition winners: 8th – Derrienne Cunningham recognized by Mrs. Butz, 7th – Grayson Blair recognized by Mrs. Gingras, and Roman Knowles, 6th grade, recognized by Mrs. Gargiulo.
- Congratulations to the 8th grade who brought in over $10,000 for Toys for Tots! We are most thankful to all our OM families who helped us raise a total of $23,000! Toys R Us also gave us a 15% discount on most items which allowed NJHS members to spend $3,000 more in merchandise, plus the store donated over $1,000, bringing the total spent on toys, books, games, dolls, bicycles, stuffed animals, etc. to $27,000! Hundreds of children in our area will wake up happy Christmas morning thanks to your generosityJ
The 8th grade will benefit from a pizza party to celebrate their efforts!
- TOMORROW, DECEMBER 12, IS THE DEADLINE TO ORDER A YEARBOOK OR PURCHASE AD SPACE!
- FBLA has a limited supply of sweatpants available for purchase on a first-come, first served basis. Please send a $20 check with student name/size/color to office for fulfillment.
- Ms. Turpen’s first period students should stop by her room by 7th period to pick up a study guide.
- Phase I will meet next Monday, 12/15, 3-5:30 p.m. for a field trip to Danberry. Please wear your t-shirt and bring community service documentation to Mrs. Nobles’ room at 3 p.m. on Monday.
- Benchmarks begin next Monday, 12/15 with Science. Social Studies is 12/16, Math is 12/17, and ELA is 12/18. We’ll use Friday morning for make-up. School dismisses at 1 p.m. on 12/19 for the Christmas break. The second semester begins January 5.
- Students who paid for, but have not yet received a Christmas gala photo, should come to the front office.
Good luck is wished to our basketball teams as they head to play Bragg…girls away, boys are home! Girls should sit on the lower bleachers of the appropriate grade level side so that you may exit quickly from the assembly.
Please contact email@example.com if interested in attending the December 22 basketball camp at OMHS. The cost is $40 and if you register by December 16, you’ll receive a T-shirt. Lunch is included, but money will be needed to purchase drinks/snacks from the concession stand.
FCA will appreciate your donations of new or gently used sports equipment to be shared with athletes in need. Please drop off to the front office by December 18.
We will be on an afternoon activity schedule tomorrow due to the TFT assembly. There will be no 8th period.
- Santa Grams will be sold at lunch – bring your dollars!
- All NJHS members should wear their Toys for Tots shirts for tomorrow’s shopping trip. Please meet on B-west at 7 a.m. Members should bring a calculator and money for lunch.
- Eagle Ambassadors are invited to a Christmas Breakfast (you do not have to bring anything) on Wednesday Dec. 17, 7:20 a.m. in B-10.
- Congratulations to our wrestlers who defeated both Liberty Park & Berry!
- FCA will meet tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building. FCA encourages OM families to participate in “Gear Up for Christmas,” a sports equipment sharing program for students in need. Donations of new or gently used sporting equipment will be accepted through December 18 and then shared at an activity with inner city families.
- A one-day holiday basketball camp is being held for students in grades 2-8, on 12/22, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. The cost is $40 and students who pre-register by 12/16 will be guaranteed a t-shirt. Lunch is included. Please pick up a form in the front office or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- We are very grateful to all our staff, parent volunteers, and especially Dieguez Smiles, who sponsored the holiday photos, for a very successful Christmas gala!
- The spirit wear sale is now over and no additional orders are being accepted.
- It’s time to turn in the white copy only of Recognition notices to be included in the holiday assembly prize drawing on December 19. You must be present to win!
- Mr. Walker families interested in traveling to Portugal and Spain to attend tonight’s informational meeting, 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Deadlines: 12/10 Sweatpant exchange – include original order and new size needed
12/12 Yearbook ad space & yearbook purchases
- Any 7th grader still interested in going on the DC trip next May should see Mr. Wood in B-2. We have seven spots available; first come, first served!
- Good luck to our Scholars Bowl teams as they compete against Berry at home today!
Congratulations to our 8th grade boys’ basketball team who defeated Simmons!
- Softball players are reminded of the player/parent meeting Thursday morning, 7:10 a.m. in C-10. Coach Webb also needs individual parent email addresses ASAP. All softball team members should report to room C-10 (Mrs. Webb’s room) at the beginning of advisory today for a brief meeting. Check in for 8th period attendance first!
- FCA is sponsoring “Gear Up at Christmas,” an opportunity for families to donate new/gently used sports equipment to inner city athletes. Donations will be accepted through December 18. For details, please contact email@example.com
FCA will meet this Thursday, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building and Brent Bumgarner is the guest speaker!
OMMS is grateful for the support of Dieguez Smiles who sponsored our Christmas Gala Sleigh Photos!
- SPIRIT WEAR ORDERS MUST BE TURNED IN BY THE END OF 4TH PERIOD!
- Friday, December 12, is the deadline to submit an ad for the yearbook. Friday is also the deadline to purchase a yearbook, too. If paid in full, the amount is $38. If laying away, it’s $20 now, $20 in April.
- If you did not receive ordered sweatpants on Friday, please check with your 8th period teacher. Any request to exchange sizes must be made in writing on the original order and returned with the unworn pants by this Wednesday. You may bring to the office or C-5. An announcement will be made later in the week if additional pants will be available for purchase.
- There is no Debate team practice today.
- Santa Grams will be sold at lunch today – remember to bring your money! It’s also helpful to know your recipient’s 8th period teacher.
- The dance team is selling key ring savings cards for just $15…the return in discounts to hundreds of merchants is worth thousands! See any dance team member or Mrs. Rucker to purchase.
- OM decals make great stocking stuffers! Three styles are on sale in the front office for just $5.
- There is no Science Club meeting today. The “chill out” experience is December 15!
- If interested in traveling to Spain & Portugal in June, 2016, please plan to bring a parent to tomorrow night’s meeting, 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Mr. Walker will review the itinerary and payment plan.
J Congratulations to our wrestling team who outscored opponents at the St. Nick Invitational by 87 points!!
Good luck is wished to our basketball teams as they play Simmons – boys away, girls home. Boys may dismiss after checking in for 8th period attendance.