1. Flu vaccine forms – due immediately to front office!
2. Spirit wear forms – due to front office by 3 p.m.
3. Sixth graders – please remember you must use cafeteria hall when travelling from the gym to your next class.
4. 8th graders – Mr. Walker will host the first Science Club meeting on Monday, October 30 after school. Even if you can’t attend that day, you must return your permission letter on or before that date.
5. Friday’s gala – in addition to the Haunted House, many fun activities are being planned. Additional monies will be needed for refreshments, specialty food items, photo booth and trick or treat walk. Details to come. Please note no costumes or face paint is allowed; there will be plenty of that in the Haunted House!
6. Can you can?? Phase I is excited to kick off the annual food drive to support OM Missions and Manna Ministries. Collection dates are October 23-27 and items will be counted in advisory. Only nonperishable & non-expired items can be accepted. The most generous class will win a pizza party!
7. Creative problem solvers needed! If you can juggle imagination, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning to solve a challenge, then Destination Imagination is for you! Interested students should sign up at Mrs. Colley’s door, B-12, by October 23.
8. NJHS – meets Wednesday during 7th period.
9. FBLA – will meet Wednesday, 3-4:15 p.m. Parents are asked to pick up promptly on the west side at door #4.
1. Flu vaccine forms – due immediately to front office!
1. Publications Students – optional work session today, 3-4:30 p.m. Parents should pick up at door #4.
2. Photo orders – due October 16 to the front office or online. Please note photo remakes will be October 24. Students who were absent on the original day do not need a note. However, students who have a proof and wish a remake should return the proof along with a written parent note requesting the remake to the front office by October 20.
3. Book Fair – last day to shop/purchase is October 18. Parents are welcome during regular school hours.
4. NJHS – members should make plans to attend a meeting on Wednesday, October 18, during 7th period.
5. OMMS on Twitter! Check us out at @ommsprincipals
6. Flu vaccine forms – due Monday to the front office.
7. DC Payment – next installment is due Monday, October 16, to Mrs. Kennedy.
1. DC Bound? Please note your next installment payment is due Monday, October 16.
2. I-Tunes Gift Card – Who will be the lucky person tomorrow? With each lunch purchased in our cafeteria, your name will be entered into the drawing as we celebrate National School Lunch Week!
3. Dates to Remember: 10/16 – Spirit Wear order deadline & OMMS boys’ basketball shirt sale begins, 10/17 – Character Assembly (morning activity schedule),10/18 – Student Flu Clinic – only those with a signed form can participate, 10/19 & 20 – Fall Gala & Haunted House tickets to be sold at lunch (details next week), 10/23 – 8th grade Blue High Flight, 10/25 – Conquest assembly (morning activity schedule), and 10/26 – Parenting Day!
4. 8th Grade Scholars Bowl – practices today, 3-4:30 p.m. Parents are to pick up on the west side at door #4.
1. Report cards – plus the flu clinic registration form will be distributed at 2nd period tomorrow for take home.
2. Flu clinic – registration forms must be returned to the front office by Monday, October 16. Flu vaccine injections will be administered to eligible students on Wednesday, October 18.
3. North Shelby Library – Thursday, October 12 – Teen Leadership Council meets at 6 p.m. A “teen henna” class begins at 6:30 p.m. This is a hands-on class to introduce the origin, history and application of henna and is only for 6th – 12th graders.
4. Spirit wear – orders are due by Monday, October 16. Forms are in the office or online.
5. Boys’ basketball shirts – show your Eagle spirit by purchasing a “student section” spirit shirt! Shirts will be sold at lunch beginning October 16. The cost is $20 (checks to OMMS) and will allow you free admission to all the boys’ home basketball games.
* Boys’ basketball! Interested 7/8th grade boys who have a current physical on file and are new to OMMS can try-out October 25-27. Please see Coach Kennedy in C18 by October 20 to sign-up.
* Baseball try-outs are October 27-11/4 – sign up with Coach Burdett at D-6.
* Wrestling – sign up continues in PE for interested 7/8th grade boys.
* Tennis – sign up at D-8 – try-outs begin October 24
* Softball – Sign up at B-10 with Coach Brown. Try-outs are October 25 & 26.
1. Scholars Bowl Triumphs! 8th grade wins 800/320; 7th grade 505/405 over Liberty Park!
2. 7th grade math team – meets today, 3-4:15 p.m. Parents pick up at door #4.
3. School photos – orders due to the front office by October 11. For online convenience, you may view and order photos at www.belmontstudios.com/order Please have the individualized school ID number provided on your proof when ordering.
4. Eagle Ambassadors – meet tomorrow morning, 7:20 a.m. in D-5.
5. No School – Friday, October 6 & Monday, October 9, due to teacher professional development.
6. Due to tomorrow’s pep rally, we will be on an afternoon activity schedule.
7. Menu swap today – sweet potato casserole will be served in lieu of mashed potatoes. Next week is National School Lunch Week – stay tuned for prize information!
* FCA meets tomorrow, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building.
* Softball – 7/8th grade girls interested in try-outs should stop by B-10, Ms. Brown, to sign up. Try-outs will be 3-5 p.m. October 25 & 26. You must have a current physical on file to participate.
* Girls’ basketball – try-outs will be October 10 & 11 for 7/8th grade girls who have a physical on file.
* Baseball try-outs – 7/8th grade boys interested should see Coach Burdett, D-6. Evaluations are:
10/27 – 3:30-6 p.m. 10/28 – 9 a.m. – noon
10/29 – 1 – 4 p.m. 11/04 – 9 a.m. – noon
* Wrestling – interested 7/8th grade boys should sign up during PE!
* Tennis – interested 7/8th grade boys/girls should sign up at D-8 and have physical on file prior to October 24.
1. PAL INFO – 6 BLUE/RED – Medications needed for PAL are now due to Nurse Stone for Blue team students. October 10 is the deadline for Red team. Additionally, Sixth Red students are reminded all forms, payment, etc. are due to Mrs. Higginbotham by 10/10. The optional Red team parent/chaperone meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. on 10/10 in Mrs. Higg’s room, A-17.
2. Eagle Ambassadors – please plan to meet this Thursday, 7:20 a.m. in D-5 to discuss the upcoming Parenting Day & Jessie’s Place activities.
3. Debate sign up continues at Mrs. Colley’s door, B-12.
4. DC Trip Update – Confirmed dates are Thursday – Monday, 2/15-19/2018. All students who have paid the initial payment are confirmed and registered. The 2nd payment is due on or before Monday, October 16. A few spots are still available for interested 7th graders. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend. Check the blog for details: http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms-dctrip/
5. 7th grade girl….if you lost a stylish pencil pouch, see Mrs. Rucker.
6. 7th grade math team – meets tomorrow, 3-4:15 p.m. Parents pick up at door #4.
7. FBLA – will not meet this week.
* XC – No practice this week.
* Wrestling – sign up continues in PE for interested 7/8th graders.
* Baseball – Coach Burdett welcomes interested 7/8th graders to stop by D6 to sign up. Try-out information is forthcoming, but look for evaluations to begin late October, early November.
1. Art of Debate? If you enjoy research and discussing the pros & cons of pertinent issues, consider trying out for our debate team. Sign up at Mrs. Colley’s door, B-12, now until October 13.
2. FBLA – congratulations to the 2017-18 officers: President – Khaled Zuaiter, VP – Kristina Clifton, Sec. – Grace Dillon, Treasurer – Cam Whitaker, and Historians – Silas Crenshaw & Sophia Ruggerio
3. Lunch Boxes – the front office is overflowing with unidentified lunch boxes/bags. All items in lost/found are being donated Friday afternoon.
4. Recognition winners – congratulations to students Noah Kennemur, Emma Rose Pastor, and Douglas Darko who received recognition last Friday.
5. High Flight – 8th graders are reminded your $41 payment deadline is due tomorrow.
6. Scholars Bowl – good luck to our 8th grade team as they prepare for tomorrow’s match against Liberty Park!
* 7/8TH graders interested in wrestling should sign up while in PE.
* Congratulations to our boys’ XC team who received 3rd place at the OM Invitational!
* Good luck to our volleyball teams as they head to play away at Irondale!