- Deadlines approaching Friday>>> SC Literary magazine entries to Mrs. Cole
Sweatpant orders to the front office
- Attention 8th graders! If you have questions regarding your 9th grade course selections, or missed the OMHS counselors yesterday, the counselors will be back today during 8th period in the media center to assist you. Please report for attendance first, then to the media center.
- Hidden hearts are coming! In anticipation of the Valentine’s Gala, Academic Partners will be hiding hearts next Wednesday – Friday. If you find a heart, you get to trade it in for a prize at the gala! Gala facts:
Tickets will be sold 2/5 & 6 at lunch – $7; $8 at the door
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., but the fun begins at 7 p.m. Pick-up times are 9 p.m. for 6th, 9:30 7th, and 10 p.m. for 8th
In addition to concession items, the specialty food items can be purchased:
8-piece Chick-fil-a nuggets – $4; Marco’s pepperoni or cheese pizza slice – $2,
Starbuck’s birthday cake flavored cake pop – $2
Coca-cola canned products – $1
- News from SGA:
- The SGA dodgeball game is coming up on Thursday, Feb. 19! See an SGA representative if you’re interested in participating.
- Any 8th grade student interested in running for an SGA office for 9th grade should attend an informational meeting this Friday during Advisory in the Media Center.
- The Valentine Gala is Friday, February 6. The attire is dressy Sunday within dress code. Details about Who’s Who, food products, and specialty items will be forthcoming.
- Cupcakes are coming! Sweet Treat Thursday begins this week through the end of April. Students can look forward to FCCLA’s freshly baked cupcakes every other Thursday for just $1 each. The sale will be during advisory and proceeds will benefit Relay for Life and SC Humane Society. This week’s flavor is vanilla.
- 8th graders are receiving OMHS course selection information today during English classes. Please take home to discuss with parents. Parents can hear similar information at one of these meetings:
Friday, January 30 – 8:15 – 9:15 a.m. Monday, February 2 – 6-6:45 p.m. (Includes Honors/AP info)
Meetings will be held in the Performing Arts Center.
- Good luck to Debate Team members as they head to Samford University. Team members have permission to dismiss to the foyer at 2:30 p.m.
- DI meets today, 3-4:30 p.m. Good luck at this weekend’s Instant Challenge!
- Students who have signed up to meet with Deputy Florence are advised that you’ll meet tomorrow during advisory in the media center. Please put personal belongings in your locker, report to your 8th period teacher for attendance, and then the media center. A list of eligible students will be sent to teachers for attendance documentation.
- The new “GOOM” sweatpant order form is now available from the front office. Orders will be due by January 30.
- If you lost a houndstooth lunch bag or a fuzzy Northface jacket, please see Mrs. Rucker.
- The Valentine Gala is Friday, February 6, for students who exhibit appropriate school behavior. This is a dressy event and “Who’s Who” will be announced. Attire must be within dress code. Ties/coats are optional for guys, but dress shirt/pants/shoes will be just fine.
- Orders are now being taken for the 2015 Coupons for Classroom books! Please see any Arts Council member, or student in art, band, chorus or broadcast journalism. The cost is only $20, but the savings are in the hundreds of dollars!
- 6/7th grade girls interested in cheer tryouts are reminded to pick up packets from
Ms. Pressley/Mrs. Vandiver, A7/A8.
- 7/8th graders interested in golf are reminded to sign up at D-10 and have a current physical on file by January 30.
- The informational meeting for 9th grade OMHS football is February 3, 6:30 p.m. at the high school Performing Arts Center.
Attention 8th graders! OMHS Counselors will visit OMMS on Tuesday, 1/27, to discuss your 9th grade course selections!
- FBLA is hosting a limited time sale of a newly designed “GOOM” sweatpant. Order forms are now available in the front office.
- First Priority leaders planning to attend the Summit, must turn in signed parental forms to Mr. Gullion by Friday.
- 6/7th grade girls interested in cheer are advised that the tryout date is now February 27. Students wishing to tryout will need to either get a new form (just the one that needs to be signed) from Pressley or Vandiver or print them off the Cheer Blog.
- Destination Imagination will meet tomorrow, 3-4:30 p.m. The Instant Challenge Fest will be this Saturday at Helena Middle School from 9:45 a.m. -3 p.m. If you will not be able to attend Saturday, please see Mrs. Howton prior to 8th period today.
SPORTS NEWS :
- 8TH grade boys interested in 9th grade OMHS football are advised of an informational parent/player meeting February 3rd at 6:30 p.m. at the OMHS Performing Arts Center.
- Congratulations to our 7th grade girls’ basketball team and point leader, Abi Brown, for yesterday’s win. Clara Fuller was the high 8th grade scorer.
Both 7/8th grade girls’ teams have permission to dismiss to the gym after checking in for 8th period attendance.
Our boys’ game was postponed and will be played this afternoon.
- Golf team sign-up continues at D-10 for interested 7/8th grade boys & girls.
- FCA will meet tomorrow morning, 7:20 a.m. in the sports building…all are welcome!
- Our Arts Council will begin taking orders for the 2015 Coupon for Classroom books tomorrow! Your support will be appreciated.
- SC Young Life invites you to participate in the 2015 Frostbite Run, January 31 at Veterans Park. For details, check out http://www.active.com/hoover-al/running/distance-running-races/frostbite-5k-and-funrun-benefiting-younglife-of-birminghamsouth-2015?int=
- Deputy Florence invites students interested in “What Teens need to Know about Law Enforcement” to sign up at his office door. A future meeting is planned to address this topic.
- Our FACS/FCCLA groups are collecting all types of cotton fabric and trim to make 100 pillowcase dresses for children in need. Please drop your donations off to the front office. Thank you!
- Congratulations to our All Star Dancers who won 2nd place in Jazz at the American All-Stars Dance Competition this past Saturday!
- Good luck to our basketball teams as they play Bumpus today..boys home, girls away.
Congratulations to our wrestlers who were awarded 3rd place at the Metro South Duals.