- FBLA announces their annual sweatpants sale! Pick up forms from the front office or check out this site for details: http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms-fbla/sweatpants-sale-2013-14/
Orders for OM sweatpants will be accepted beginning Monday, Nov. 3rd. Deadline for this shipment will be Nov. 19th for delivery by Christmas break.
- Please return photo orders to the office ASAP.
- Check out today’s broadcast at home or on your device! Just visit https://sites.google.com/a/shelbyed.org/omms-broadcast/ for today’s episode and previous episodes. You will have to login with your Google account to access the site.
- Baseball evaluations continue today.
- Boys’ basketball team members and managers will need to report to the gym Monday at 2:30 p.m. to see Coach Adams.
- Congratulations to our 7th grade Lady Eagles basketball team for their win over Bragg! 72% of the team scored points!
- Today is the final day for 7/8th graders to sign up at Mr. Wood’s door, B-2, for tennis.
- Congratulations to those students who knew soybeans are not naturally high in oils! The Wellness Committee will focus on calcium as an important nutrient in November.
- The cafeteria invites you to enjoy a healthy Halloween lunch tomorrow as they prepare to serve “Boo burgers, ghostly ranchy cheesy melt sandwiches, eyeball steamed veggies, spooky sweet potato fries, werewolf salad, and batty bananas!
- 7th graders who are interested in going to DC, but who could not attend the informational meeting, should visit Mr. Wood’s blog or have parents email for additional information.
- Sixth graders are reminded that you’ll have a chance to meet Lou Anders, author of Frostborn, on Wednesday, November 5, during P.E. classes. The book is now available for purchase in the media center for $15. Students who purchase the book will be able to enjoy lunch with Mr. Anders, hear more about the book, and see the board game played by the main characters.
The media center still has complimentary Alabama or Auburn bookmarks available. Students can also inquire about the “Be a Champion & Read” contest to be entered into the drawing for Iron Bowl tickets.
- Space is still available for Mrs. Acton’s “cokes & strokes” afterschool activity on November 18. Please visit the blog for details.
- Baseball evaluations continue today. Remember, tomorrow is the make-up day due to yesterday’s rain-out.
- Good luck to our Lady Eagles basketball teams as they continue tournament play.
- Tomorrow is the last day for interested 7/8th grade girls/boys to sign up for tennis at B-2. Try-outs will be November 19 & 20 and you must have a current physical on file.
- Athletic Boosters invite you to take a look at the new OM & This is our Mountain decals now available for purchase in the front office – $5!
- The media center is closed until Thursday morning.
- 7th graders interested in going to DC are reminded the information meeting is tomorrow evening,
6 p.m. in the cafeteria. At least one parent must also attend.
- The North Shelby Library will host Minecraft Maze Runner Night at 6 p.m. If possible, please bring your personal laptop/tablet. Offline activities are also on the agenda!
- School photo orders are now due to the front office.
- 6th grade Blue students going to PAL are reminded all luggage must be appropriately labeled and dropped off between 7-7:40 a.m. to the bus canopy on the school’s west side.
- The sixth grade math team will practice after school today with Mrs. Denney.
- 8th graders in Algebra I are invited to the first math team meeting tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. in C-16. Please see your math teacher for an informational letter.
- Please check the list posted in the cafeteria to confirm a yearbook purchase. No name = no yearbook. If
interested in purchasing the full payment is $38. A lay-away financial plan is also available – $20 now, $20 later. Please make sure your first and last name is legibly written on the check.
- The 8th Grade White Team is hosting its first “Cokes and Strokes” fundraiser on November 18th (3:05 – 4 p.m.) to raise money for Toys for Tots. There are 28 spots available to ANY OMMS student. Students will enjoy snacks and sodas while painting an Iron Bowl/football themed canvas under the direction of Mrs. Acton. Donations of $15 are being accepted. See Mrs. Acton’s blog for details, or come by her room (G-6) for information and application.
- FBLA will meet during 8th period today.
- Sixth grade students will have a chance to hear from local author, Lou Anders, Frostborn, during PE classes on November 5. The book may be purchased for $15 in the library October 30th- November 4th. These purchases will be stamped with Norse runes and signed by the author after his presentation. Students who purchase the book will also be able to bring their lunch into the library and eat with Mr. Anders. You’ll be able to learn more about the book as well as see the board game that is played by the main characters. Please take your payment to Mrs. Howton in the library.
> Any student who tried out for basketball, but was not selected, is invited & encouraged to join the wrestling team. Just come to practice today after school in the sports building. The required athlete/parent wrestling meeting is at 6 p.m. tonight in the cafeteria. Parents should bring health and auto insurance information please.
> 7/8th graders interested in tennis may now sign up at B-2. You must have a physical dated no later than April 2014 to tryout. See Mr. Wood for details.
> 7/8th grade baseball evaluations are as follows:
10/28 – 10/30 3:30-6 p.m. at OMHS
11/1 8:30 a.m. – noon – only for athletes currently involved in wrestling or basketball
11/1 1:30 – 5 p.m. only for athletes who make the first cut or any wrestler or basketball player
11/2 4 – 7 p.m. “ “ “ “
- 6TH Red students going to PAL are reminded your luggage must be appropriately labeled (that means everything) and brought to the bus canopy on the west side of the school between 7-7:40 a.m. tomorrow morning.
2. Requests for photo remakes must be brought to the office by the end of 4th period TODAY!
3. The Debate team meets today, 3-4:30 p.m. in A-16.
- 8th grade Science Club meets today in the Science Lab, 3-4:30 p.m. Parents are to pick up promptly at the C-west door. (#4)
- Flu vaccines will be given tomorrow morning. Students on the waiting list will be individually notified on an availability record.
- Fall gala tickets will go on sale Thursday during lunch – $7; $8 at the door.
- 8TH grade Science Club meets Monday, 3-4:30 p.m. in the Science Lab.
- Today is the deadline to sign up for Destination Imagination. Please see Mrs. Howton prior to 8th period.
- NS Library is hosting game day today, 3:30-5:45 p.m.
- Girls, grades 5-12, who are interested in the OMHS “Dancing with the Starlets” camp scheduled for November 1, should pick up a form in the front office.
- Eagle Ambassadors should check in with their advisory teachers today and then report to Mrs. Jones’ room, B-14, for yearbook photos at the beginning of advisory.
- WRITTEN PHOTO REMAKE REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE END OF 4TH PERIOD ON MONDAY. PLEASE INCLUDE THE PROOF. PHOTO ORDERS/RETURNED PROOFS WILL BE DUE OCT. 21.
> Good luck to our XC team as they head to the Metro Middle School Championship this weekend!
> OM Community Girls basketball league evaluations are tomorrow 9 – 11 a.m. in the OMMS gym. Contact Coach McGowan at OMES if you have questions.
> OMHS boys’ soccer try-outs begin Monday for students who have turned in physicals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
> OMMS boys’ basketball try-outs begin Monday. Boys trying out will stay after school even if your evaluation does not begin until 3:45 p.m.