1. Attention 8th graders! The 9th grade transition meeting is Monday, April 25, 6 p.m. at the OMHS Performing Arts Center. Virtual lockers will be activated on Tuesday, April 26 at 8 a.m. Details will be discussed at the meeting.
2. Please plan ahead to have lunch money daily as the cafeteria cannot accept charges. Negative balances must be satisfied as soon as possible. We are pleased to report that the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture along with SC schools will offer free breakfast and lunch for students 18 years of age and younger starting June 1 through July 22. Oak Mountain Intermediate School will serve as the site for OM area schools. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 – 8 a.m., and lunch will be served from 11 a.m. – noon. No application is needed to take advantage of this opportunity.
3. Students staying for Eagle Ambassador interviews should report to Mrs. Gilmore’s Room B-10 after school. We will get started with instructions at 3:15 p.m. You will be able to call for your parents to pick you up after your interview is over – 3:50 – 5 p.m.
4. The Sign Language Club will meet tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. with Mrs. Nalls.
5. Are you a leader? Do you want to have a voice in your school, help plan student events, and represent your fellow students’ ideas? If so, you should consider running for an SGA office. Available positions are president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and reporter. Students interested in running should pick up an application from Mrs. Higginbotham or Mr. Wood. Applications are due next Tuesday, April 26. Only those running for president must be current SGA representatives.
6. Summerfest tickets go on sale today at lunch for $5. In addition to concession items, Steel City Pops and Chick-fil-a nuggets will be available to purchase for $4 each. This fun event, planned by your SGA, will be from 1-3 p.m. for sixth & seventh graders. Eighth graders may stay until 4 p.m. unless you need to ride the bus home. Activities include glow face painting, music & dancing, competitive games, lip sync, and Guitar Hero!
* Tomorrow is the deadline to submit football eligibility forms to Coach McGaughy!
* Boys’ basketball try-outs are May 16-19. There is no additional try-out in the fall, so if interested, see Coach Adams and make sure you have a physical on file by May 9.
* Rising 6/7th grade girls interested in basketball should sign up with Coach Noel. Rising 9th grade girls are requested to contact email@example.com