- All 8th grade Red Team students will meet on C-west during advisory today.
- Students interested in the Chess Club should submit their applications to Mr. Dearwent, C-18 immediately.
- Congratulations to our 7th grade football team who defeated Chelsea 6-0, and the 8th grade team who won 34-13!
The OMHS Eagles invite you to their game against Hazel Green tonight, 7 p.m. Admission is $5.
- The OMHS softball team invites you to attend the national Pro Fast-pitch Championship series being held this week at the Hoover Met. For more information go to http://profastpitch.com/
Interested in chess? If so, please see Mr. Dearwent in C-18 to pick up an information sheet and application. Caesar Chess, LLC, under the instruction of Caesar Lawrence, will host a chess club here if a minimum eight students enroll. The cost is $30/month, plus a one-time fee of $20 for supplies. Playing chess can improve cognitive abilities, critical thinking, analysis, time management and self- discipline. The club will meet on Wednesdays, 7 – 7:40 a.m. under the supervision of Mr. Dearwent. For additional information, please visit www.caesarchess.com
- If you have asthma and need an inhaler at school, and have not checked in with our nurse, Mrs. Stone, please do so. P.E. activities are underway and will continue throughout the school year. Please be advised that we must have the appropriate medical forms on file for you to carry an inhaler with you during the day.
- Please note that buses are available to transport students to/from home/school for educational purposes and not social opportunities (such as attending the gala with a friend) Legitimate needs to ride home on another bus with a fellow student must be presented to Mrs. Cruce in writing at least 24 hours in advance. Please include the reason, alternate bus number, and emergency contact information.
Students who move can only change buses once our registrar has verified the new residence with parents and a new bus card is issued.
- If you are unable to attend school, please have your parent call the front office as early as possible to report your absence. The office opens at 7 a.m. daily.
- Eagle Ambassadors assisting with tonight’s open house are reminded to arrive in uniform by 5:30 p.m. and report to B-14.
- Lunch swaps today include Dearwent eating 5B; Slaten 5C.
- Sixth graders should remember to tell parents the name and classroom number of your first period teacher.
The back to school gala is this Friday! Here’s what you need to know:
> Tickets are sold at lunch Thursday & Friday for $7. The cost is $8 if purchased at the door.
> This event is for OMMS students only; no siblings or friends from other schools.
> The attire is school dress code.
> Drop off is at the front of the school. You may be dropped off between 6:30 – 7 p.m., but the
Event does not begin until 7 p.m.
> Money will be needed to buy concessions and specialty food items – pizza, chicken tenders & Steel City Pops.
> Games are set up in the cafeteria; dancing is in the gym.
> Pick up is along the bus canopy on the west side of the school. Carpooling is encouraged. The gala traffic pick-up map is on the school’s website. Pick-up times are 9 p.m. for 6th; 9:30 p.m. for 7th; and 10 p.m. for 8th.
Sixth grade orientation (also known as Eagle Induction) will be held on Wednesday, August 6th from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
While attendance is not mandatory, it will be helpful for students to attend to become familiar with school procedures and locations of their classrooms before the first day of school. The parent and student meeting will begin in the gym. You may want to enter at the gym entrance, but other entrances will be open.