1. Congratulations! Our newly elected SGA officers for 2018-19:
President – Abby O’Dell
Vice-President – Riley Kate Rowland
Secretary – Audrey Faircloth
Treasurer – Olivia Varnedoe
Reporter – Ashley Killian
All candidates are reminded to take down campaign materials by 3 p.m. today. Newly elected officers should see Mrs. Higginbotham before leaving today and plan to meet next Tuesday morning, 7:20 a.m.
2. Congratulations! Our new 2018-19 publications/yearbook staff will be:
3. Yearbooks – will be distributed tomorrow in PE. You may only pick up a book for a previous student with a written note from a parent. Students are reminded to be respectful of the property of others and write only positive comments Those who write inappropriate comments will be financially responsible to replace the book.
1. SGA – 2018-19 elections are today and results will be posted late afternoon on the SGA blog.
2. Congratulations! Field Day winners: 6th – Glover’s Gladiators, 7th – Bouldin’s Big Boys, 8th – Jackson’s Jaguars!
3. Yearbooks – will be distributed Friday during PE. Please note if you write or draw any inappropriate comment/art, you will be financially responsible to replace the book. A limited supply of books will be available for purchase on Monday, May 21, 7:30 a.m. in C-5.
4. Attention 6th grade boys! If trying out for basketball today, you must dismiss at 3 p.m. and return for the 4:30-6 p.m. try-out practice.
5. Assessments – continue tomorrow with all grades math. Friday is all grades ELA and Math completion.
6. Recognition notices – white copy only should be submitted to the front office by Wednesday, May 23, in advance of the year-end recognition drawing. You must be present at Thursday’s assembly to win!
* Boys’ basketball try-outs begin today for students who have submitted a physical. Rising 8th will report to the gym at dismissal and practice 3-4:30 p.m. Rising 7th graders return to school at 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
* Wresting parent/athlete meeting is May 21, 6 p.m. in the cafeteria.
* FCA will meet tomorrow 7:15 a.m. in sports building.
1. Field Day – is tomorrow for eligible students. All library debts/books must be satisfied by 11:30 a.m. this morning to participate. We’ll start the day in 2nd period. Bring sunscreen and money for Kona Ice if desired.
2. SGA – will not meet tomorrow morning.
3. Lost clothing, lunch boxes, etc. – will be donated this Friday from the front office and gym. It’s your responsibility to claim personal items.
4. 2018-19 Front Office Aides Only – please report for 7th period attendance today and then meet Mrs. Rucker in the cafeteria for a brief meeting.
5. OMMS Has Talent! And, we’re encouraging you to share yours on the last day of school! Mrs. Holmes & Mr. Toole are organizing a talent show that will immediately follow the Character assembly. If interested, please sign up with one of them.
6. Nine week assessments – begin Wednesday with all grades Science & Electives.
* Boys’ basketball try-outs begin Wednesday for eligible students. Since rising 7th graders will not try out until 4:30 p.m., please remember you must go home at 3 p.m. and return. Rising 8th graders try-out between 3-4:30 p.m.
* Football fundraiser money/form should be returned to Coach Clemens.
* Oak Mt. Youth Baseball/Softball fall season 2018 registration will open in July. Information is available at www.omybs.org