- Deadlines today:
- 8th grade Science Club letter to Mr. Walker
- DC forms/deposit to Mr. Wood
- The current FBLA sweatpant sale is officially over. Another sale will be held in early January.
- Many thanks to each of you who have supported our TFT endeavor! Between yesterday’s volleyball game and today’s “cozy” day, $1700 has been raised! The grand total will be announced in early December!
SGA will have a “class by class” dismissal to pick up hot chocolate this afternoon. Please be sure to take your ticket to your 8th period class. Tickets will be sold at lunch for $2. No tickets will be sold at 8th!
- New spirit wear is coming soon! Look forward to Athletic Boosters selling newly designed long-sleeved T’s. hoodies and sweatshirts, cool chill towels and drawstring bags…all in time for Christmas delivery!
Congratulations to our boys’ basketball teams and 7th grade girls’ team who defeated Liberty Park!
The Greater Birmingham Lacrosse Association encourages students to register for spring lacrosse by November 30 – please visit www.GBYLA.org for details. There are no tryouts and no previous experience is needed – just desire!
- Band students are reminded to remind parents that your fundraiser items MUST BE picked up TOMORROW between 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Please refer to Mrs. Holmes’ blog for details.
- Tennis evaluations are postponed until after Thanksgiving.
- 7th graders are reminded that your DC form/deposit is due to Mr. Wood by this Friday.
- Today is the deadline to purchase sweatpants in order to receive by December 19. An additional sale will take place second semester. Please bring any order to the front office ASAP!
TOYS FOR TOTS ALERT! To date, we’ve not even met 50% of our $20,000 goal! With just three donation days remaining, our reputation for being a national leader is in jeopardy! Make plans to attend tomorrow’s fun, fabulous, fantastically funny (but serious to the teachers) Iron Bowl volleyball challenge as all proceeds will benefit TFT! The admission is only $2 (pay at door) and even allows you to stay for the boys’ basketball games to follow. The concession stand will be open, so bring extra money as those sales will benefit TFT, too! Wear your best Alabama/Auburn spirit wear and bring your OM shakers! Pick up time is 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. depending on games. Parents welcome, too!
7th Grade Blue TFT bake sale continues at advisory today!
- SGA reminds you that tomorrow is the last day to purchase a $2 wristband in order to wear PJs on Friday and be served hot chocolate during 8th period. Students who show up wearing pajamas without a wristband will be subject to disciplinary action and have to call home for a change of clothes. Please wear regular shoes.
1. Meetings after school today include Phase I & 8th grade Science.
- 7th graders interested in the DC trip are reminded the first payment and permission forms are due to Mr. Wood, B-2, by this Friday. For details, please visit Mr. Wood’s blog.
- Wyldlife meets at 7:01 p.m. this evening and all students are welcome at the Heath’s home, 4944 Sussex Road. Dress warmly as some activities will be outside.
- Please be advised that the front office now has an Adult Small sweat pant sample for sizing. Orders will be due on Wednesday! Click the daily announcements page to get to the “For Sale” page for order forms and information about yearbook ads, yearbooks, and sweatpants. http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms/for-sale/
Toys for Tots Update:
- NJHS officers should report to Mr. Burdett’s room during advisory to help with TFT shirt distribution. All NJHS members should report to D-hall outside of Mr. Burdett’s room sometime during advisory on Monday to pick up Toys for Tots t-shirts.
- Our TFT total is $6,070, which means we have over $13,000 to earn by Friday to reach our goal! Leading today is the 8th grade, 7th next and then 6th. The race to win a pizza party is close! You can do your part by attending Thursday’s faculty “Iron Bowl” volleyball game…just $2 admissions!
Good luck to our basketball teams as they meet Pizitz on the courts today; boys away, girls home. Boys have permission to dismiss to the cafeteria after 8th period attendance.
Lacrosse in North Shelby! 6th – 8th grade boys and girls interested in playing lacrosse are reminded spring 2015 registration is open – visit GBYLA.org for details and registration. Open registration dates are now thru November 30th.
- Spirit shakers will be sold at lunch today for $2. These should be used at today’s pep rally as well as next week’s Faculty Volleyball game to benefit Toys for Tots!
In anticipation of the TFT faculty volleyball game where the Tide meets the Tigers, you’ll need to know before 3 p.m. on the 20th if you can stay for the fast-paced frolic and fun…you’ll see our teachers in action like never before! The cost is just $2, all to benefit TFT! Plus, you’ll get to stay for the boys’ basketball game against Liberty Park that will follow. Extra money will be needed for concessions! Pick up time is 4:15 p.m. if just staying for the faculty game; 5:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. if staying for the boys’ basketball games.
- Please be informed that you will not dress out in PE next Monday or Tuesday. Classes will also be meeting in alternate locations as follows:
Adams – Gym Black – Media Center Neeley – C2 Noel – B5 Tatum – Sports Building
- Mr. Gullion’s class will eat 5A today; Ms. Ferguson – 5B.
- Meetings Monday: Phase I & 8th grade Science – 3-4:30 p.m.
- Today is the deadline to reserve space for the “cokes & strokes” activity. See Mrs. Acton in G-6.
- The NS Library is hosting gaming activities today, 3:30-5:45 p.m. Monday’s activities will be “Doctor Who?” 6 p.m. – join the Whovian activities in the teen department – trivia, costumes, food, and more!
SGA reps should see Mrs. Polizos before 3 P.M. to sign up for a time to sell wristbands next week. There are still several spots open!
It’s cold this morning and cold weather is forecast for next week… wouldn’t you like to wear warm, fuzzy pajamas next Friday? How about some hot chocolate during Advisory!? “Cocoa & Cozies” Day is coming up next week! Bring $2 next Monday-Thursday to wear pajamas and/or a hat on Friday. SGA will also sell tickets for $2 before school and during lunch on Friday for a cup of hot chocolate during Advisory. The pajama dress code will be forthcoming!
- Way to go sixth graders! Currently, you have the lead in our TFT gift-giving initiative with nearly $700 in donations! Could you be the first sixth grade class to win the pizza party? We hope so! We’re only at 10% of goal with just six days to collect! Please look for fun, helpful ways to earn your donations to make the holidays brighter for kids in need!
- Mrs. Acton still has space for next week’s “cokes & strokes” art activity to benefit TFT. For just $15, you’ll paint an Iron Bowl themed picture while enjoying refreshments with friends. Payment is due tomorrow to reserve your canvas for November 18.
- Please remember we’ll be on a revised afternoon activity schedule tomorrow as we host OMHS football players, a sampling of the Spirit of Cahaba band, dance, and cheerleaders to OMMS for a special pep rally! The fun begins at 12:45 p.m. and parents are welcome!
- Phase I will meet next Monday, 11/17, 3-4:30 p.m.
- 8th grade Science Club meets next Monday, 11/17, 3- 4:30 p.m. Please note you’ll be dissecting squid, but will enjoy fresh Calamari as a snack!
- The sixth grade math team meets after school today in A-3.
- The Algebra math team meets tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. in C-16.
Good luck to our basketball teams today as they play Mt. Brook – boys are home, girls away!
- SGA will meet on Wednesday morning this week, due to the holiday on Tuesday. Students should wear their OM grade-level class shirts that were purchased earlier this year for our yearbook picture.
- 7th Grade Math Team will practice afterschool on Wed., 3-4:30 p.m. Please remember to bring your tournament fees if you have not done so already.
- The NS Library will host Anime Night at 6 p.m. this evening. Audience choices with refreshments; costumes welcomed!
- Our Sign Language Club is selling two unique t-shirts, short or long-sleeved in a variety of sizes. Both featuring “signing hands” one says “I love you,” the other “This is Our Mountain #GOOM.” Please stop by the front office or C-8 for an order form.
- FCA will meet this Thursday, 7:15 a.m. in the sports building and Braxton Baker from Briarwood is the guest speaker.
- Sixth graders are reminded you’ll have a Toys for Tots meeting in the cafeteria during advisory today. Please report to your 8th period first and wait to be escorted to the cafeteria.
REGULAR SEASON BASKETBALL TIPS OFF TODAY!
GIRLS HOME, BOYS AWAY AGAINST HOMEWOOD ~ GO EAGLES!
Our Lady Eagles played well in tournaments this past weekend. Our 7th grade girls defeated Thompson and we’re pleased to recognize Abi Brown who scored 10 points – 4-4 from the free-throw line against Thompson!
Boys’ basketball team members have permission to dismiss to the cafeteria at 8th period today.
8th grade girls’ basketball team members have permission to dismiss at 2:50 p.m. today to the gym for
- Students in Mr. Walker’s, Ms. Ferguson’s, and Mrs. Denney’s 4th period classes will enjoy a pizza party in the cafeteria during 8th period today due to their generosity in the “Can you Can” food drive!
- SGA members are reminded Tuesday’s meeting is postponed to Wednesday due to the Veteran’s Day holiday. Please wear your SGA shirts for a group photo.
- Yearbook ad forms are now available online at the school’s website, or from the front office. For details, please visit this link: http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms-publications/yearbook-faqs/
- FBLA will appreciate your support of their sweatpants’ sale…http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms/for-sale/ Deadline is November 19!
- Sixth grade advisory classes will meet in the cafeteria on Monday for a special Toys for Tots presentation.
- Today is the deadline to purchase a copy of Frostborn from the media center – $15.
- The Oak Mountain High School SOZO club is accepting gently used clothing and shoes of all sizes through November 14. Donations will be sent to children living in the SOZO homes in Uganda. Please bring your items to the high school’s office. You can find more info about SOZO Children at www.sozochildren.org
8th grade boys’ basketball practice is cancelled for today!
Good luck to our 8th grade girls’ basketball team as they head to tournament play at John Carroll this afternoon. Team members have permission to dismiss at the end of 7th to the gym.
Baseball workouts begin Monday, 3-4:15 p.m. for players not currently in basketball or wrestling.