1. Students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades who are interested in running for an SGA grade-level representative, may pick up an application from Mrs. Higginbotham (A-17) or Mr. Wood (B-2) starting today. All applications will be due by next Friday, August 28th.
2. Students interested in raising/lowering our flag are invited to meet with Mr. Haynes on Monday, August 24, 7:30 a.m. in B-17 to discuss the responsibilities of Honor Guard.
3. There’s still time to enroll in Caesar Chess, a before school chess club. Regardless of your ability level, novice or experienced, you’re welcome to join…for details, visit www.caesarchess.com
4. PE will begin dressing out on Monday. Your PE clothes, grey shirt, navy shorts, must be labeled with your first/last name!
5. By now, you should have invited your parents to meet your teachers. 7/8th grade open house is Monday, 8/24 and 6th grade is Tuesday, 8/25. The event is scheduled from 6-7:30 p.m. and parents will begin in your first period class, so be sure to inform them of the name/location.
6. Please be reminded of these gala procedures:
> 6th graders may arrive tonight only from 5:45-6 p.m. for orientation. 7/8th graders should arrive between 6:30- 7p.m.
> A variety of snack foods, concession items and soft drinks will be sold, so additional money will be needed.
> SCHOOL DRESS CODE is the attire.
> Parents will follow the gala traffic pattern posted on the school’s website under maps. The traffic flow begins in the OMES parking lot. Students will dismiss along the bus canopy at an administrator’s signal. Pick up times are 9 p.m. for 6th, 9:30 p.m. for 7th, 10 p.m. for 8th.
7. Congratulations to our 8th grade Eagles who defeated Chelsea at the Jamboree!