As you are aware, students must enroll annually for the current school year. If you have a child attending OMMS as a sixth, seventh, or eighth grader, for the 2016-17 academic year, please note the following details related to registration:
Opportunities to register a student, regardless of grade, will be:
Wednesday, July 20, 1-4 p.m.
Thursday, July 21, 5 – 8 p.m.
Monday, July 25, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
What to bring?
> Completed registration documents found online at www.shelbyed.org
> If you do not have access to online documents, paper packets will be available at registration
> In addition to your registration documents, the legal custodial guardian/parent must provide:
> Photo Identification
> Two proofs of residency from this list:
* Recent mortgage statement (June or July, 2016)
* Property deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full time in the residence
* Property tax record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence
* Apartment Lease – at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as occupant
* Recent utilities – power, water, or gas bill listed in the name of the parent/legal guardian with service address listed. Disconnect, cable TV, or garbage notices are not acceptable.
Updated immunization records will be required for students who turned eleven or who needed the updated T-dap vaccine. This vaccine is a requirement of the State Department of Education.
If you are unable to attend one of the above sessions, please contact our registrar after July 26 to arrange an appointment.
Please note that the free and reduced price meal applications are also online at: www.myschoolapps.com/home/districtredirect/shelby _al?langid=1
We look forward to seeing our families at registration…thank you!