- The sixth grade math team will practice after school today with Mrs. Denney.
- 8th graders in Algebra I are invited to the first math team meeting tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. in C-16. Please see your math teacher for an informational letter.
- Please check the list posted in the cafeteria to confirm a yearbook purchase. No name = no yearbook. If
interested in purchasing the full payment is $38. A lay-away financial plan is also available – $20 now, $20 later. Please make sure your first and last name is legibly written on the check.
- The 8th Grade White Team is hosting its first “Cokes and Strokes” fundraiser on November 18th (3:05 – 4 p.m.) to raise money for Toys for Tots. There are 28 spots available to ANY OMMS student. Students will enjoy snacks and sodas while painting an Iron Bowl/football themed canvas under the direction of Mrs. Acton. Donations of $15 are being accepted. See Mrs. Acton’s blog for details, or come by her room (G-6) for information and application.
- FBLA will meet during 8th period today.
- Sixth grade students will have a chance to hear from local author, Lou Anders, Frostborn, during PE classes on November 5. The book may be purchased for $15 in the library October 30th- November 4th. These purchases will be stamped with Norse runes and signed by the author after his presentation. Students who purchase the book will also be able to bring their lunch into the library and eat with Mr. Anders. You’ll be able to learn more about the book as well as see the board game that is played by the main characters. Please take your payment to Mrs. Howton in the library.
> Any student who tried out for basketball, but was not selected, is invited & encouraged to join the wrestling team. Just come to practice today after school in the sports building. The required athlete/parent wrestling meeting is at 6 p.m. tonight in the cafeteria. Parents should bring health and auto insurance information please.
> 7/8th graders interested in tennis may now sign up at B-2. You must have a physical dated no later than April 2014 to tryout. See Mr. Wood for details.
> 7/8th grade baseball evaluations are as follows:
10/28 – 10/30 3:30-6 p.m. at OMHS
11/1 8:30 a.m. – noon – only for athletes currently involved in wrestling or basketball
11/1 1:30 – 5 p.m. only for athletes who make the first cut or any wrestler or basketball player
11/2 4 – 7 p.m. “ “ “ “