- Please invite parents to shop at Friday’s sneak preview of the Book Fair…get ready for spring break reading!
- Pre-algebra Math Team will meet during 8th period on Wednesday.
- The coupon sale is officially over and we must prepare the final accounting. Please return any unsold book or money for orders immediately to the front office.
- The benchmark schedule is as follows:
Monday, 3/2 – ELA
Tuesday, 3/3 - Science
Wednesday, 3/4 – Social Studies
Thursday, 3/5 - Math & Electives
Friday, 3/6 – Make-up >> End of 3rd nine weeks’ grading period
Please note there is no school Monday, March 9, due to professional development. Report cards will go home March 13.
- Good luck to 7th grade debate team members as they prepare for today’s competition. The following students may dismiss at 2:25 p.m.: Elena Gagliano, Alice Goff, Kayla Coleman, and Nylah Blueitt.
- First Priority will meet tomorrow morning, 7:15 a.m. in the choral room. All are welcome!
- To be eligible for the sports physical day on March 6, you must sign up in PE and return your signed form/payment to Coach Tatum by March 2.
- Good luck to our tennis team today! Team members may dismiss at 2:45 p.m. to change and meet Coach Wood by the gym doors.
- 8th graders interested in OMHS cheer/mascot are reminded of the informational meeting planned for 6:30 p.m. in the OMHS library.
- Mrs. Vandiver’s after school class will not meet today.
- The Sign Language class will not meet tomorrow.
- Students trying out for cheerleader today are reminded to be dressed and ready in the gym by 3:15 p.m.
- SGA will not meet tomorrow morning.
- Attention 8th grade girls! If you are interested in OMHS cheerleader or mascot, please plan to attend an informational meeting tomorrow evening, 6:30 p.m. in the OMHS library.
If interested in the OMHS Starlettes dance team, their informational meeting is planned for March 12, 6 p.m. in the OMHS bandroom.
- Wyldlife meets tonight – 7:01 – 8 p.m. at 5554 Double Oak Lane – all are welcome!
- Good luck to our Show Choir today as they head to competition!
- All of the GOOM sweatpants were delivered Wednesday and Thursday to 8th period teachers. Check with your 8th period teacher or Mrs. Graham (C5) if you have not received your pants order. A very small number of pants are available for exchanges. Please send your request for an exchange along with the original order form and clean unworn pants no later than Monday.
Also, we still have quite a few of the previous design available for the reduced price of $15.00 (YXL, Adult small and mediums mainly).
- Deputy Florence’s class will not meet today.
- DI meets today, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Congratulations to the winning SGA Dodgeball teams: 1st Place – Dearwent’s Roasted; 2nd – Wood’s Dodgefathers; 3rd – Nobles’ Elite Dodgers
- Good luck to our baseball team as they travel to Calera today. Team members may dismiss at 2:45 p.m.
- There is no track practice today.
- Good luck to our Lady Eagles’ softball team as they prepare to compete in the Thompson tournament!
- Students who are planning to try-out for any OMMS/OMHS sport, dance, cheer, winter guard, for the 2015-16 school year will have an opportunity to have a sports physical performed by Draper Physical Therapy and Lemak Sports Medicine during the school day on Friday, March 6. Please follow these instructions:
- Sign up on the roster in P.E.
- Have parents print out a sports physical form found on the OMMS website under Athletics.
- Have parents complete the personal history section of the form, and sign.
- Have parents write a check for $20 and attach to the physical form.
- Give completed documents to Coach Tatum by March 2.
OMMS will provide transportation. Please direct questions to Coach Tatum. Thank you.
>>>>OMHS has cancelled boys’ soccer practice and the Lakeshore tournament due to weather<<<<<
- All 7th grade teams will meet on their respective halls today at 8th period. Please check in first for attendance with an advisory teacher and then report to your hall.
- We will be on a morning activity schedule tomorrow due to a special assembly. We will dismiss from the gym at 7:36 a.m. to go to first period. The assembly is scheduled to begin at 7:50 a.m. (when the instructional day begins), so please arrive promptly to school.
- 6th grade Math Team will meet after school today in A-3.
- Today’s track practice will be in the gym. There is no practice tomorrow due to the dodgeball tournament.
- Good luck to our softball team as they brave the cold to play Thompson today! Team members and managers may dismiss early once they check in for 8th period attendance.
- FCA will not meet tomorrow.
There is no golf or tennis practice today.
- Deputy Florence’s group will meet during 8th period today in C-2. Report for advisory attendance and then proceed to C-2.
- FCCLA sends their thanks to all who bought cupcakes! A more generous supply will be forthcoming on Feb. 25 when chocolate cupcakes will be available.
- Starbucks cake-pops will be sold after lunch is served today as long as the supply lasts.
The cost is $2.
- There is no school Monday due to President’s Day.
- Dodge-ball forms are due today to G-7.
- It’s Gaming Day at the North Shelby Library, 3:30-5:45 p.m. Monday, February 16, is Minecraft,
6 p.m. Please bring your laptop if possible.
- Students in Art, Band, Broadcast Journalism, and Chorus are encouraged to use the long weekend to ask friends and family to help support these programs by purchasing a Coupons for Classroom book. Please remember February 18 is the deadline for sales orders to be eligible for the prizes.
- DI meets this afternoon in the media center, 3-4:30 p.m.
- FCCLA welcomes your support of their cupcake sale today! Cupcake kiosks will be located at these locations: Intersection of A-East & Cafeteria hall, B-West & Gym hall, and C-East & Cafeteria hall. Students having a dollar to purchase can be dismissed as follows:
Social Studies/Science teachers – 2:35 p.m.
Math/ELA – 2:40 p.m.
Electives/Others – 2:45 p.m.
- A limited supply of birthday flavored cake pops will be sold tomorrow after lunches have been served. The cost will be $1.
- Good luck to our teams playing in the Hoops for Heart finals tomorrow. Parents are welcome to come and watch these final matches!
- Destination Imagination will meet tomorrow, 3-4:30 p.m. The Improv team will meet Tuesdays, 2/17 & 2/24 after school (time TBA). More details about times and other information will be posted on the blog (http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/whowton/) and emailed to parents!
- Dodgeball tournament forms are due tomorrow to G-7.
- Ms. Piper’s after school class WILL NOT meet today.
- Cheerleader packets are due to Ms. Pressley/Vandiver by February 20.
- 8th graders who have OMHS forms to submit should bring them to the basket located in the front office.
- Students selected “Who’s Who” & Best all Around, will receive notices today regarding instructions for taking photos tomorrow. Please read carefully and remember your notice is your pass from class tomorrow – present to your teacher.
- The combined State Scholars Bowl team will practice after school today, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Meetings tomorrow: FBLA – 3-4:15 p.m.
- 8th graders are reminded your OMHS course forms will be submitted tomorrow during ELA classes. If you need a blue form, please come to the front office to sign-up to receive one later today.
- If you lost an item from the gala with ticket #38, please see Mrs. Rucker.
- 8th graders interested in running OMHS SGA office should see Mrs. Polizos in G-7. Completed forms will be due by February 20.
- Completed dodgeball packets are due to Mrs. Polizos by this Friday, Feb. 13.
- Thursday is FCCLA’s “Cupcake Day” featuring vanilla with pink icing…bring your dollar!
Golf try-outs continue today at Inverness Country Club. Athletes should check in with their 8th period teacher before dismissing to meet Coach McGaughy on the concession hall. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY PARENT/PLAYER MEEETING AT INVERNESS CC WEDNESDAY IMMEDIATLEY FOLLOWING TRY-OUTS. At least one parent must attend and be prepared to complete necessary forms and pay fees. Please direct your questions to Coach McGaughy. Thank you.