1. Robotics – Good luck to our team members as they prepare for the Vex IQ State Tournament in Gadsden tomorrow! The majority of the teams are from OMMS and we wish you much success!
2. 8th graders – plan ahead….your class panoramic photo will be taken on Tuesday, March 6, during 7th period.
**8th graders who are vying for 9th grade SGA positions are reminded to check your school email for important campaign information**
3. Coupons for Classrooms – the sale is officially over, so please bring any outstanding orders to the office ASAP.
4. 7th graders – if interested in office aide for next year, please remember your signed parent letter is due today.
5. Looking ahead – benchmarks next week, no school on Friday, March 9, and report cards issued on March 15. We anticipate standardized testing to be April 18-27 – more details to come.
* Track practice is cancelled for today. Team members should plan to practice tomorrow at Heardmont until 5 p.m.
* Good luck to our students on the OM Mt. Bike team as they head to “Feud at the Furnace” this weekend at Tannehill. For details, visit http://www.alabamamtb.org/
* Attention 6/7th grade girls interested in volleyball try-outs! Try-outs will be from 3-5:15 p.m. as follows:
7th grade – Monday, April 9 8th grade – Tuesday, April 10
7th & 8th – Wednesday & Thursday, April 11& 12th. Mandatory parent/player meeting is Friday, April 13. Rising 7th graders should see Mrs. Gunnels, A-21 for a packet; rising 8th graders should see Mrs. Alaimo.
You must have a current physical on file to try-out, and you must also register on the OMMS volleyball blog.
* Attention 8th grade girls – if interested in OMHS visual ensemble try-outs, please note the clinic is March 12-15, 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the OMHS cafeteria. Try-outs are March 16, beginning at 3:30 p.m. Try-outs packets are due Thursday, March 8 to Mrs. Howton or Mrs. Davis No prior experience is necessary. Please contact the appropriate sponsor:
Color Guard – email@example.com
Dance team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Majorettes – email@example.com