Joel Dixon Named New Principal at Calera High School

Joel Dixon-003The Shelby County Board of Education has named Joel Dixon as the new principal at Calera High School.  Mr. Dixon has served the past two years as the principal of Vincent Middle/High School.  Prior to his appointment at VMHS, Dixon served as the assistant principal at Calera High School.

“Coming to Shelby County Schools was the best decision I ever made,” Dixon said. “I have grown in every position at every level where Shelby County has given me the opportunity to serve.  I look forward to serving in the Calera Community with the same positive attitude, work ethic, and enthusiasm that I have given to the Vincent Community.”

“I can’t say enough good things about the staff at Vincent,” Dixon continued. “They welcomed me in and did everything I ever asked them to do.  And they did it with a passion and enthusiasm and a commitment to kids that you don’t always see.”

Mr. Dixon taught English Language Arts at McAdory High School for ten years before coming to Shelby County.  He earned a BA and MA in English from UAB, his administration certification from the University of Montevallo in 2008, and his Ed.S in Instructional Leadership in 2013.

Be the first to comment on "Joel Dixon Named New Principal at Calera High School"