State Robotics Competition
7:30- 9:00 Check In, Inspection, Skills, Judging
9:00 Opening Cermonies
9:15 – 12:00 Qualification matches, Skills, Judging
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 Qualification matches, skills, judging
2:00 Alliance Selection
2:30 Finals Matches
4:00 Awards Ceremony
Items to note ….
- There will be several entrances.
- Upon entering, find your table and drop your robot off. Then collect all Release Forms and turn them into the Check-in / Registration Table. This is typically found in the concession area of the arena.
- Once your team has checked in, go immediately to inspection. If your robot doesn’t pass inspection, you will want as much time as possible to adjust it.
- Robot Skills are unlimited. Use your time wisely. Robot Skills rankings will play a huge role in this year’s game.
- There will be a concession stand. I don’t know if they will be selling lunch. There are several fast food restaurants close by.
Middle School Teams Competing in State
|375A||Bumpus RoboBucs||Bumpus Middle School|
|10059A||RoboWarriors||Centre Middle School|
|10059B||RoboWarriors||Centre Middle School|
|10226B||Team Bubbles||Sanford Middle School|
|10226Y||BAMB-Y||Sanford Middle School|
|10451A||HMS 8||Handley Middle School|
|10451B||HMS 7||Handley Middle School|
|10740A||OM Alpha Robotics||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740B||Grape Juice||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740C||Apple Juice||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740D||Panda||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740E||Oak Mountain Schools||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740F||All Da Ladies||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740G||The Nerd Herd||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740H||Oak Mountain Schools||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740S||Oak Mountain Schools||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|10740W||Oak Mountain Schools||Oak Mountain Middle School|
|31337A||The Nutria Rats||Mountain Brook Robotics|
|31337C||Mountain Brook Robotics-C||Mountain Brook Robotics|
|31337D||Mountain Brook Robotics-D||Mountain Brook Robotics|
|31337E||Mountain Brook Robotics-E||Mountain Brook Robotics|
|31337P||Mountain Brook Robotics-P||Mountain Brook Robotics|
|35973M||GMS Robotics||Gaylesville High School|
We currently have 10 out of the 30 teams! Congratulations!
Awards / Worlds Qualifiers
The following awards are scheduled to be presented. All awards qualify for Worlds!
- Excellence Award
- Teamwork Challenge Champions (2 teams)
- Design Award
- STEM Award
- Robot Skills
****We have been told that Alabama will send 7 middle school teams to Worlds. This includes the 6 teams who receive the awards listed above, PLUS the top Robot Skills Team that has not already qualified for Worlds.
Worlds Information – TIME SENSITIVE!!!!
VEX IQ Worlds will take place in Louisville, KY at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC). Teams from all over the world (not just the U.S.) are already booking hotels. Many hotels are already at capacity. Therefore, I have reserved a block of 20 rooms at the Four Points Sheraton that is 1 mile from the KEC. Each room has 2 queens and sleeps 4 people. The total cost per night (including tax) is $155.53 per night.
This block of rooms is only ours until Friday, March 3rd. Before Friday, if you feel your team could qualify, you will need to call (888) 877-4445, ext 51119 and let them know you would like to put one of the rooms in your name. You will need to give them the Traveler ID # 501681 & Oak Mountain Middle School # 10740. At the time you reserve the room you will be required to place a $50 deposit down. After our state competition, if you do not qualify, you can call and release your room and they will refund all but $10.
Please note these important dates:
- Call and reserve your room by Thursday, 3/2/17
- Final Payment Date: 3/21/2017
- Last day to cancel: 3/20/2017 for $10 cancel fee
- No refund on or after 3/21/2017