Monday, Sept. 18 I can write and evaluate powers. Chapter 9 Section 1. Assignment: Handout 9-1 Skills Practice
Tuesday, Sept. 19 I can determine if numbers are prime or composite and factor prime numbers. Assignment: Book p. 488-489 Do 8-23 and 33. Write the problem.
Wednesday, Sept. 20 I can factor monomials. Assignment: Book p. 488-489 Do 5-7, 24-32, 35-38 Write each factor tree!
Thursday, Sept. 21 I can multiply and divide monomials. Assignment: Handout 9-3 Skills Practice (Pep Rally today! )
Friday, Sept. 22 I can use negative exponents. Assignment: Book p. 502-503 Do 14-40. Write the problem!
Monday and Tuesday 9/11-9/12 No School
Wednesday, September 13 Review Integers – Test Friday!
Thursday, September 14 Review Integers – Test Friday!
Friday, September 15 Test on Integers! Puzzle after test
Tuesday, 9/5 I can subtract integers! Assignment – Vampire Puzzle
Wednesday, 9/6 I can subtract integers! Assignment – Handout Chapter 2 Section 3 Skills Practice
Thursday, 9/7 I can multiply and divide integers! Assignment – Mult/Div Handout and Maze (Football Game night so this should be finished during class…)
Friday, 9/10 I can multiply and divide integers! Class activity
Monday, August 28: I can evaluate absolute value. (Textbook Chapter 2 Section 1.) Assignment: Textbook p. 65 Do 38-57. Write the problem on 38-52!
Tuesday, August 29: GLOBAL SCHOLAR/SCANTRON TESTING today! No lesson or assignment! Search & Shade Puzzle given out last Thursday is due tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 30: I can add integers with the same sign. (Textbook Chapter 2 Section 2.) Assignment: Handout on adding with the same sign.
Thursday, August 31: I can add integers with different signs. (Textbook Chapter 2 Section 2) Assignment: Handout on adding integers with different signs.
Friday, September 1: I can add integers. We will be doing class activities with adding integers in word problems. No homework!
Tuesday, August 8 2017:
- Orientation Today in class
- Assignment: Get Math Letter Signed and Get Parent Email on the strip at bottom of letter; cut out strip and bring this strip to class for a prize
Wednesday, August 9 2017:
- Bellringer (these will be done on paper and placed in a folder that I am purchasing to be kept in the classroom):Why do Bellwork
- Assignment due by Friday: PEMDAS POSTER
Thursday, August 10 2017:
- Bellringer: PEMDAS Ladder
- In-Class: Started Interactive Notebook INB Information ;
- In-Class: Notes for lesson on Order of Operations
- Assignment: Book p. 8-9 (18-29…We will also do 30-34 in class) (Do this in the notebook on page 6, Left side, write the problem and show work!)
- Announcement: 2nd Period had assembly and will not meet today – Will make up this lesson!
- Poster due Friday!
Friday, August 11 2017: