Swinging and Singing into the new year!

Whew!

These past two months have flown by! I’m so glad to be back from maternity leave with my students. They have done a WONDERFUL job getting readjusted to me as we’ve gotten back into the swing of things.

I love trying new things with them. One of the biggest things we’ve incorporated into our daily routines is singing and dancing.

We have a morning dance to the Kidz Bop song, “My House” to get our brains working.

We line up to the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” with the words, “Second Graders please line up, please line up, please line up. Second graders please line up, get ready for the hall.

I will not shove; I will not push, will not talk, will not pass, will not lag behind the rest, I’ll line up with my class.

One hand on my hip and lip, hip and lip, hip and lip. One hand on my hip and lip; I’m ready for a trip.”

We have some class songs we sing to get our mind in the right place. Goodbye Darkness is a song where I rewrote the lyrics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4fJ_yTn3iU

At the end of the day, we dance “Bye Bye Bye” to a Nsync song!

Currently, I’m trying to think of songs that will help students remember their math fact fluency and spelling hard words. I’m thinking about something to the tune of BINGO. Share if you have any ideas!

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment