Please click each link for more information!
- All Pencils Down provides various ACT & SAT test prep classes to fit your needs. You can sign up for a classroom style test prep or for an online test prep workshop.
- Grade Power, located in Greystone and Pelham, offers both ACT & SAT test prep class. Through Grade Power you can enroll in a 10 week one-on-one individualized test prep, an 8 week fast track one-on-one individualized test, or a classroom-style test prep with up to 8 other students for 10 sessions each lasting 2 hours.
- Faye Nichols Test Prep offers various levels of test prep programs ranging from Beginning to Intermediate to Scholarship. While the course level you enroll in is determined on your previous ACT and/or SAT scores, each programs offered is a 20-hour, classroom-style course based upon your
- Method Test Prep is an online course that helps students improve their ACT & SAT scores as well as help students build their math, reading and writing skills. The website can be accessed at any time of day or night and offers students:
- Baseline evaluations identifying skills that need to be reinforced
- Checklist of tasks to do each week
- Audio lessons and tutorials
- Vocabulary Builder
- Subject quizzes
- Full length exams
Method Test Prep is FREE for all CHHS Sophomores and Juniors! Click here for step by step directions to access Method Test Prep!
- ACT Academy provides free test prep using your ACT test score results or through quizzes that you can take in Math, Science, English, and Reading. Based upon your learning needs, ACT Academy will provide step-by-step instruction through videos, games, assessments, and assignments.
- Khan Academy offers personalized learning through instructional videos and practice exercises that allows the students to learn at their own pace. They have videos and exercises in math, science and engineering, economics, and history.
- Khan Academy also offers free SAT prep. If you have taken the PSAT/NMSQT or SAT, Khan Academy will link your test results through CollegeBoard to give you personalized practice recommendations.
- Sycamore Learning Company offer 1 or 2 day seminars to students at local high school that focus on strategies for the ACT & SAT. By participating in a Sycamore Leaning Seminar you will get to take a practice ACT or SAT as well as receive an ACT/SAT study guide that you can take home and use at you prep for your next test!
Out of School Tutoring List
- Check with your grade level counselor for the a list of tutors. Fees, set by each tutor, vary based upon the tutor and subject.
- Peer Helpers are Junior and Senior CHHS students that offer tutoring support for students in all subjects.
Mu Alpha Theta Math Tutoring
- Math Tutoring from the Mu Alpha Theta Club is available every Tuesday and Thursday in the library during halftime.
Please contact the grade level counselor for info on Peer Helpers and other in-school tutoring options.