YLI is a free, five-day, overnight, college empowerment conference for Latino high school juniors held at two top universities across the US. This highly selective program is designed to give young leaders the practical tools they need to successfully apply to top universities, have full access to scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and set a course for academic and career success. Attendees will enhance their leadership abilities and expand their professional networks by participating in college and career workshops, living on a college campus, and interacting with college students and professionals who serve as their mentors. Students can apply to ONE of the following locations and dates:
- July 8, 2020 – July 12, 2020 – University of Chicago
- July 22, 2020 – July 26, 2020 – University of Southern California (USC)
- Current high school junior (Class of 2021)
- Must have an unweighted GPA above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or above an 80 on a 100-point scale
- Identify as being of Hispanic heritage
- Currently attend high school in the United States or a U.S. territory
- US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA, or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university after high school graduation
Is there a cost to attend YLI?
- No, it is FREE to apply and participate (room and dining covered by YLI)
- HSF will also cover transportation costs for any student who needs such assistance. Be sure to indicate in your application, if this is the case
How to Apply:
- Create a MyHSF Profile as a “Student”
- Scroll down and select “YLI Student Application 2020” on your Dashboard
The deadline to apply is Sunday, March 15, 2020, 5:00 PM PT. Space is limited, so don’t wait until the last minute.