Navigating The College Process

Seniors, it’s time to fasten your seatbelt for a wild ride through the college process. I’m available to meet with you (with or without your parents) at your schools to discuss all your options. Just contact me so we can find a time that works. The number one tip I can share is to stay organized and know what the deadlines are.

It’s definitely time to narrow down your college choices, visit and apply to colleges. For tips on making your college short list, a college to-do list, and how to make the most of your college visit click here http://www.shelbyed.k12.al.us/studentresources/GRC/homepage.html

Essays – Contact me if you would like me to review any  application or scholarship essays. You can even email them to me. I can make comments right on your writing and email them back. And especially let me know if you can’t even get started on them!

Interviews – If you are going to INTERVIEW as part of the college application process, a scholarship, or a spot in a particular program, PLEASE CONTACT ME SO WE CAN PRACTICE. There are many things we can talk about and questions we can think about together to help you be more prepared and, therefore, do your best.   We’ll arrange a convenient time for me to come to your school.

And if you have any questions or need to see me about any part of this process, email at kleaver@shelbyed.k12.al.us.