Blogs for the week of Dec. 7-11

Last week for 2009 – oh, where has the time gone…

last week, i read andrew zow’s autobiography – zow was a quarterback at alabama my last three years i was there – so i learned a bit more about the drama that was going on back then – some of it i knew – most of it i didn’t – anyway, i enjoyed it so much i read all 175 pages in a day – of course, some of my enthusiasm might have been for the bama game

i also read “the year of the hangman” – highly recommendable – a historical fiction book with an alternate history – that the british had won the revolutionary war in 1776 and now it’s 1777 – the story is told from the POV of a british teenager who gets sent to the colonies – and his adventures

finished that book in two days and then read on “paradise lost” and the article on sports illustrated’s sportsperson of the year – derek jeter – before coming back home and getting eli gold’s autobiography – gold is bama’s sports announcer – i saw him in the press box saturday – great guy – good book so far (36 pages – i did have to watch a dvd yesterday evening – hoosiers – indiana basketball – pretty cool)

guess that’s it for now – hope your last week of journaling is great

sincerely,
mafeld

43 thoughts on “Blogs for the week of Dec. 7-11”

1. MONDAY-authors purpose:
    This week i have started reading the book Crank.
    To start off lets talk a little about the book. (:

15-year-old Kristina reveals how she became addicted to crank, and how the stimulant turned her from straight-A student to drug addict.

On a court-ordered visit to see her long-absent dad, she meets Adam. Soon, Adam introduces her to ‘the monster’ (there, she also unleashes a new personality, Bree). Her addiction grows, as does Bree’s control over her. Her life changes quickly: Soon she’s dating two guys, both of whom use crank; can’t keep up with school, and loses her old friends.

So i think that the authors purpose is too show teenagers how drugs can effect you. Drugs can tear your life apart and changed your life dramatically. And that is why i think the author is trying to raise awareness for teens with this book so she can help show them that drugs are bad for you and can harm you very much. That is what i think the authors purpose is of this book, so far.

2. I am reading the book Runemarks and it is about a “witch” that has a runemark and dicovers an old man named One Eye. Now Maddy, the witch has One Eye as a teacher and she is now able to cast mind runes and she ison a mission into the World Below to find something called the Wisperer. That is all I have read so far in the book so see ya. Peace. πŸ˜‰ :0 πŸ™ πŸ™‚

3. β€˜Sup it’s Rolando Mclain. I’m reading Twilight and it is pretty good. I think Stepheine Meyer isn’t the best person in the world, especially after all I read of The Host, unless she doesn’t believe in it……yeah right. Anywho, I have many ideas on why she wrote these books, one is the one she claims in her bio at her website. 2 my theory last week about her personal life and all that kind of stuff. # simply because she had nothing better to do. I mean, she is a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids to deal with, and alot of household chores. Maybe it was just an excuse to finally get away from the everyday things she has to do, have some restme.

SEC CHAMPION,

ROLANDO McLAIN

4. I just finished Runemarks and the book was very good. Maddy Smith had just goten down into World Below and she meets Loki and they are now on ther eway to the Wisperer and when they find it Maddy eventually frees it and it leads on an adventure to wake the seven sleepers or also the Vanir. She eventually comes to a cavern where One Eye reveals himself as Odin and he tells her that she is Modi…Thors daughter. They then make there journey to Lokis daughter Hel and open a rift and travel into the Netherworl to rescue maddys father and to rescue the other aesar. That is all for right now. Peace. πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ™‚

5. i read skate. the author’s purpose is to entertain, but also to give a lesson. in the story, Ian runs away because he basically screwed his life up by doing something he shouldn’t, and ran from the cops, but at the end, he figures out what’s best for his little brother, sammy, and they find his dad, and he is a very important man, so Ian turns himself in, and his dad pulled some strings so he wasn’t in so much trouble. the lesson in the story is that you have to face the consequences for your actions, wheter you do something big or small

6. i am reading the last book in the universe, and the book has conflict, because spaz’s sister from his foster family gets sick, and he fights with himself whether he should go or not, and he decides to go to the gang boss of the city to get a guaranteed safe passage through a lot of different places with even tougher rules than the city they are living in. the request is denied, and is forbidden to go outside to city, but he goes to the very edge of town, and gets beat up by a bunch of civilians, and an old guy that he stole from saved him, and went with him on spaz’s journey, spaz later has an encounter with his fear of heights, and has to overcome his fear.

7. i have actually finished the book avenger and it was really good. im not going to blog about that though because i have been reading the book among the hidden. thats right, another book. also i only wrote about the avenger one time. this is a gigantic step up from what i usually do. i have finally grown up when it comes to reading.

i have had a few ideas about why the author wrote this book. one, she must have grown up in like china or somewhere for her to write about being an illegal third child. because in the book this boy is probably in his teen years and his is trying to find this guy name mr tablot or somen. any ways he is an illegal third child and has to travel back to somewhere where is friend is where they both witnessed a murder. so she must have grown up in china where it is illegal, but she put those laws on the US. also another reason i think that she wrote the book is because you shouldnt always hide your real self. stand up for yourself and dont be someone your not. even if you get killed because your a third child.

dear trey,
    i have smits. i know that you have been looking for him a while. not really because you have just been chilling in a house that just got robbed and the house is stuffed with food and luxury cars and tv. but i know that you found him behind the house with a couple. and then left to find luke with matt, but since you left him behind i came and kidnapped him. im not going to name a price on the kid because he is really nice and he sure can talk my ear off. you know that i dont have many people to talk to. anyways just wrote to tell you where he is. bye.
    :-):-):-):-):-0:-):-)

8. TUESDAY-character:
    “Crank is more than a drug. It`s a way of life. You can turn your back. But you can never really walk away.”

Those were the words spoken from 15-year-old Kristina, the young meth addict. While this story is fiction, it is based on true events the events that happened to Hopkins`s daughter. Crank is about Kristina going through a complete turn-around in her life, going from a well-behaved straight-A student living in Reno to being addicted to using meth, also known as the “monster.”

Kristina used to be a great teenager, straight A student, never got into trouble, until one day she tried meth. Ever since that day she has been addicted. Her grades dropped, loss all of her real friends and made new friends, which only liked her because she used meth, i guess they thought it was “cool.”

So as you can see the drugs changed her life dramatically and she will probably never get it back. I just have to keep reading to find out what happens to her. I guess maybe deep inside she is still that good teenager that she used to be but it just hasnt found its way out.

9. sorry my blog didn’t post last week, Mr. Mayfield. That was my fault. I haven’t had a chance to do it until now. I am reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I am almost finished with it. I’ve got to the part where Harry and Dumbldore go and find the holcrox. I think i t’s the best book so far. That is all i’ve read so far. I would like to say roll tide to all u Alabama fans.

10. Monday- ok so lm doing this on Tuesday because I didn’t have anything to read last night. I am rereading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by: Mark Twain I originally read it last year, but it was too hard to read and the book was a large square that took up a lot of space. I abandoned this book for these reasons. Also the book was over my reading level at the time and I couldn’t understand it. Well that is my journal for tonight. Now I gotta do Tuesday’s.

TUESDAY-I read the first chapter of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer tonight. The chapters are super long. this one was twenty pages. I only average a page a minute, so I did good. Tom Sawyer is about an orphan who gets adopted by his aunt and causes mischief throughout the little town he lives in called Saint Petersburg that is located along the Mississippi River in Missouri. He meets one new boy which is a rare thing in their town and they have a fight. Tom wins of course. That is all I have read tonight.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ ;(

11. I just stared the book Carrie and I have also seen the movie so I know that the book is going to be good. In the movie Carrie is an unpopular teen at her high school and develops telecanesis and when kids go to far with a prank at homecoming when she wins. They pour pigs blood all over her and she goes evi on them and starts to kill them all. So with that charming G rated movie I just can’t wait to finish the book. Peace πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ™‚

12. Authors Purpose:
    The main themes are difficult choices, not getting what you want, the forbidden, secrets, family, love, choices, the future and how one choice could affect the rest of your life and fate is another one. The author’s purpose was to show another side to the perfect story and introduce another thing that would stop Edward and Bella being together.
    Theme:
    This books theme contrasts to character because it seems like Bella’s self esteem is diminishing being next to Edward and how perfect he is. But maybe her character is becoming stronger being with Edward because she doesn’t care what other people think about her now all she cares about is Edward,being with Edward,seeing Edward,and loving him.
    Book Summary:
    Bella learns more about the Voulturi, and Edward opens up to her about what he would do if anything ever happened to her. This is inspired by them watching Romeo and Juliet.Now that Bella is 18, making her desire to be a vampire even more urgent. After a disastrous birthday party, Edward and his family suddenly leave Forks. Leaving Bella alone in the woods,until she is found by Sam-werewolf- who is Jacob’s enemy,because he and his group go completely against werewolf tradition.
    Genre Slip:
    Bella, If I wanted to talk to you I would answer the phone.You made the choice here, okay? You can’t have it both ways .What part of ‘mortal enemies’ is too complicated for you to,We can’t be friends when you’re spending all your time with a bunch of vampires.It just makes it worse when I think about you too much, so don’t write anymore.
    I miss you, too. A lot. Doesn’t change anything. Sorry.
    Jacob

-Stormie

13. WEDNESDAY-dialectical journals:

Fact~
    Kristina is sent to her fathers house in Albuquerque, far from her home in Reno and far different than what she imagined the trip to be.
    There she meets Adam, A.K.A. Buddy. It is Buddy who introduces Kristina to the “monster.”Kristina called herself Bree to the new people she met. Bree was her alter-ego. Someone who was outgoing and carefree while Kristina was held back and shy.
    Opinion~
    I think she is sent there because her grades started to drop,she started getting into trouble, and she was addicted to crank, but when she went as Bree she acted as if she had never even known what it was when ever Adam or buddy introduced it too her. I think she is just putting on a show for everyone so that they don’t know the real her.

Fact~
    Bree (and Kristina perhaps) fell in love with Buddy (or was it Adam?) but eventually Kristina had to go back home to Reno. They wrote letters back and forth after she returned home, but their love did not last.
    Opinion~
    I think Bree fell in love with buddy and Kristina fell in love with Adam. Which for some reason they both are acting like two totally different separate people. I think their love didn’t last because they were in love with separate parts of each other ( if that makes any since).

14. I’ m still reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I think the author’s purpose for writing this book was to purely entertain people and to show what growing up on the Mississippi River was like. He was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Missouri, that is Mark Twain, so the author knew what it was like. This book is also a bibliography, which tells about the author’s life, but in a different person’s point of view and usually through the main character in a story. That is all I have to blog about tonight. Good Bye!
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

15. hey mr.mayfield i got me a new book down at the public library called the masterpiece and this book is from a bugs prospective or to be ore pacific it is from a beetles point of view and how their life’s go along . the narrator is a beetle named Marvin. so far i have read that Mrs. ( forgot her whole name) dropped her contact lince down the drain and clogged it.and before Mrs. calls the plumber they need to get it out because the plumber would notice the leaking sink and the soaked wall then that would dought his cuzins and uncles house in the wall the only one who knew how to swim was marvine and doughted him self but everybody else belives in him so he practiced in his pool (bottle cap filled with water) so he praticed in it until he is ready
    countinue in chapter 2
    well LOOK BE HIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!……………………..bye

16. I am almost finished with the book Carrie and it has takena drastic turn from where she is asked tto promand she is annoced homecomming Queen and she has pigs blood poured on her. Then she goes evil on them and kills them all and goes into te city destroying it untill she finally makes it to her moms house. That is all I have goten so far in the book Carrie so I will clue you in next week. Peace πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ™‚

17. i’m reading the gunslinger. the author’s purpose is to entertain. the book is set in a weird place that is a desert. it is hard to tell where exactly they are, because the gunslinger and some random guy talk about the in-land and the mid-land. so apparently they are in the out-land. there are weird place, and the gunslinger is chasing after a sorcerer, and there is also a strange bird-headed creature roaming around and a talking crow. Steven King tells a story in a weird place that hooks the reader

18. Roland of gilead, the last gunslinger,
    if you don’t catch the sorcerer that you are pursuing, i have ninjas placed everywhere, and will cause them to attack you on a moment’s notice, however, if you do fail to catch him you can do a series of assassinations for me, and i know that you might be able to defeat my ninjas, i have that random guy that you met in the middle of the desert held hostage,
    HAHAHA, I win, unless of course you come after me first, probably sholdn’t have said that, but now you ruined my evil laugh.
    MWAHAHAHAHA.
    you’ll never know,
    but i live in the middle of nowhere, also where you are, and where everyone else is

19. Author’s Purpose: The author’s purpose fo’ Catching Fire is to put as much excitement into the book as she did in the last book. Which is kinda hard, but hey, can’t blame her for tryin. This book is more about the romance between Katniss and Peeta interfering with the romance between Katniss and Gale. It’s basically about the aftermath of The Hunger Games. It’s not as action-based, but still a very good book.

Character:The character that stands out to me is Katniss because she has to struggle with all of the events for the post-Games, juggle 2 relationships, and take care of her mom, her sister, and herself. She has an idea to start an uprising in her district, but that plan ended up in epic failure. They didn’t even try when she noticed that everyone was too weak to fight back after Gale got whipped to the point of death for killing a wild turkey. (Hunting is illegal) She still stands up for what she believes in and fights for everything important.

Book Comparison: This book compares to Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, Wardrobe because the characters in both stories are sucked into a problem, and they have to deal with it. Peter and his siblings travel into the wardrobe and get sucked into the fight with the witch because everyone is counting on them, and Katniss and Peeta are sucked into the Games because they are picked to go. Also, all of the characters fight for what’s important. Peter, Lucy, Susan, and Edward are fighting against the White Witch to free Narnia from the evil spell, and Katniss is fighting against the Capitol to free her country and herself.

Genre Slip:
    Capitol,
    I’ve seen the hideous things you wear and I just wanted to write a ransom note for you to Panem. We are teaming up to fight ugliness. It’s called “Operation: Let’s Team Up Against Ugly”. We are all going to donate a pair of regular pants or a regular shirt everyday, and by the year 2030, we should have enough clothes to give you and take away all of the other ones. We are going to meet the President at 12:34 AM each month outside the city to give you the clothes.
    With Love,
    People

20. THURSDAY-theme:

This books theme contrasts to character because it seems like Kristina’s self esteem is diminishing being addicted to the “monster”. But maybe her character is becoming stronger being her alter-ego Bree because she doesn’t care what other people think of her as Bree, but i do think she cares what people say whenever she is Kristina. It is confusing i know but once you read the book it makes more sense. I didn’t think this book was going to bet that good i thought just OK but this book is great in my opinion. Once i finish this book i am hoping to read her, Ellen Hopkins, book. πŸ™‚

21. I have one last journal for the week and i have finished most of the book among the hidden. yay.

i think that, no more know, that the conflict in the story is between trey and the population police. trey is the third child of a poor family. the population police have sworn to kill all third children for god only knows why. for all the head of the pp knows, he may be a third child on his own. kinda like harry potter, voldemort is a mudblood and for some reason he hates mudbloods. irony. those kind of people are stupid for hating themselves.

22. hi mr.mayfield waz-up its me again. i am still reading masterpiece and now i have read that Marvin and his uncle, cuzin, mom, and his dad went with him on the journey to the bathroom sink so they have to travel by the kitchen, din, and the hallway and when they got to the kitchen james was feeding the baby some Cherios and the baby was throwing them all over the floor and when they got to the din they found a M&M which is their weakness so they stopped for a snack then went on their way through the hallway and when they got half-way through the hallway mrs. and mr. p were arguing about calling the plumber because it would take him all day to do it but the hubine had the final word in this so they called the plumber so they ran to the bathroom sink so marvin went in it and reached for it and got it then got out and when the plumber got there and stuck a little scope thing in the drain and did not see in but saw it on the counter the took credit for it. see ya tomaro

23. hahahahhahahahahahsahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahaahahahahahahahaahhaaaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhaahhahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahaahahahahhaahhahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. My journal entry for Thursday and also my last journal for 2009 is about, wait for it, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Right now it was talking about the famous story of Tom tricking all the village kids into whitewashing a fence for him. He actually trades the prize of whitewashing the fence for alot of little trinkets. The next morning is a Sunday and he trades all the trinkets for a bible at Sunday School. Their S. S. has a ticket system, which is if you earn nine yellow tickets then you get a bible. He got a bible presented to him from the honorable Judge Jeff Thatcher. Most students only get a bible from the superintendent, but Tom was lucky. That is all for me tonight!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜‰ :0 πŸ˜€ BBYYEE!!

25. ‘Sup it’s Roalndo. I’m reading Twilight and I’m on page 423. This book is wicked cool, literaly. I still haven’t seen the New Moon movie. I guess I’ll just have to wait til I finish that buk. Anyway last time I blogged I was on page 145……iiissssshhhhhhh. Anywhatchamagiger, there is a lot that i have to blog to you about. Okay, she just turned the corner and the guys are standing there waiting to get their hands on her. Those sicko-jerks. Anywhatchamagiger, They’re about to get her when a car comes and the person says get in- personaly I think I would have done the same thing- so she does then she finds out it was Edward, who takes her to dinner. Yeah Bella, poor hostess and waitress who didn’t get paid attention to by Edward, booohooo, fist near eyes in circular motions. Anywhatchamagiger, Jess wants the deets, but Bella won’t give them-because there aren’t any, yeah right. Anywhatchmagiger, about 100 pages later, they go together into the meadows where, in order, he shows her who shiny he is, he shows off his speed, he kisses her, then goes, “—-it, Bella!”, she faints, they drive home. All in about 5 hours. Who much better can it get?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Anywhatchamagiger, The next day she meets the Cullens, learns about how it started, is asked to watch them play baseball, she does, evil vampires come, she fakes bad at her dad and really hurts him- me I couldn’t have hurt my dad so bad-, sneeks off so she isn’t dead. Maybe the days can get better, huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

SEC CHAMP,

ROLANDO McLAIN #25 FOR THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ingram for Heisman!! WWAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

26. This week i kept reading Daisy Fay and the Maricale Man.. I haven’t got to the Maricale of the book yet, I don’t understand why there would be one. B/c after the ambulance came and got the baby when she was shot they went to the hospital but the baby was already dead in the babypool she died in her adoptive mothers arms, u know that has to be hard to have ur baby u just got b/c u couldn’t have any and it dies in ur arms from being shot in ur own back yard. So on the way home the family still doesn’t know who shot their now gone daughter, the entire ride home the car was dead silent. But when they got home all their neihbors were beinging them food and helping around the house. Two days after the accident the pool in the back yerd is still full of blodd, and no one noticed the bullet hole through the bedroom window. three days after the shooting the family decides to move to a diffrent state, so did the other families. What i don’t get still no one cares who shot the baby until, the sons friend tells him mom… She calls the sons mother and tells her, thats when it truely gets REALLLLLL bad!! The mother and father both blame the son even though hes only like 7! he is rejected from the family so some family friends decide its best for him to come live with them for awhile untill things at his house settle down but its been months and his mom still barley ever will talk to him and when she does its b/c she is forced to..

I just wanted to give a shout-out to our 8th graders, since cheering and basketball is over I just wanted to say we had a great season wins and loses it was a good year πŸ™‚ the last game lastnight was a hard loose to Chelsea but we played hard and we pushed threw a lot of bad calls. At the end of the game it was a tearfull moment not just b/c the lose but the season was done with.. i know i cried and I was the reason for most the crying for cheerleaders:) i love u guys and even tho the years not over I still hope y’all have good high school years and see ya in 2 years:)

Love Marcy!

27. Book: In Due Time (ten pages left…)

The author’s purpose is to explain how Alabama went undefeated most of the years and how good of a Christian leader and athlete Jay Barker was on and off of the field. In 1994, Alabama was undefeated when they played against Florida in the SEC CHampionship. Barker got injured, but was still in the game. The book says that the fans and players could tell he was hurt by his accuracy. Even though Barker and his team lost the game, Barker came running off of the field after an interview with his head up and his helment in his hand, saying to himself that he was going to act just the was he was going to if they had won. Jay Barker is a good influence for me and I praise GOD for that.

28. There is internal conflict because Barker is really wanting to win Heisman- I mean who wouldn’t- but he’s not bragging about it or anything like that, he’s just keeping it to himself. It turned out that he didn’t win Heisman, but him, Penn State and Georgia’s starting quarterbacks went to Walt Disney World to receive some awards they had been chosing to win. Barker said that it was a lot different because you didn’t have anyone coming up to you, asking for autographs because no one recognized them. Ther’s internal conflict in what I just said also because Barker wasn’t going to tell anyone that it was him, he was just going to keep it to himself and to his buddies and no one ever knew. ROLL TIDE!!!

29. Mr. Mayfield, I have a joke for you,

QUESTION: What does Tim Tebow and sand castles have in common?

ANSWER: They are both ok until the TIDE comes in!!! HA HA HA HA !!!

30. The book relates to The Game Of My Life Alabama because in both books (of course) it talks about Alabama. In The Game Of My Life Alabama, it talks about all of the games that person is winning, which bowl game they deserved to be in, and many other interesting facts about someone. Same thing in In Due Time. It talks about the bowl games Barker’s team received, the standings, the number Alabama and other teams are ranked, and the Alabama coaches and staffs that are being released, and more coming in. In In Due Time, it talks about how much Jay Barker loves the LORD and how he writes Romans 8:28. GOD is awesome!!!

31. Ransome Note:

Dear Jay Barker,
    I just wanted to let you know that you deserved that Heisman Trophy. Your walk with GOD is the right way to go. YOu inspire me and many others from your actions and words you spoke in this book. Every chapter i read talks about how you pray, read your bible, and witness to other people. It is amazing on how much you delight yourself to the LORD and how you pray continuously. JESUS ROCKS!!! Roll Tide!

32. I have finished Harry Potter and it has to be one of the best books I’ve read. I think that the authors purpose is to entertain. the book is about a teenage boy, Harry Potter, that goes to a school, hogwarts, to learn magic. He and the headmaster, dumbldor, go and find a holcrox. the holcrox they find is fake. Then when they get back to hogwarts, Dumbldor dies. So that would have to be to entertain. the genre would have to be fantasy, too.

33. The book i’ve been reading is The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe, and it’s pretty good. its definitely to entertain. also, to show internal conflicts of good and evil. its very neat in the way it tells the story, and the narrator seems to have a conversation with the reader. he stops and talks a bit to the reader about things in the book, and i find it entertaining. c. s. lewis is an excellent author and i recommend it to anyone. this story’s character that really stands out is Edmund, because serious evil-magic issues are swirling around in his head. he was cursed by the white witch, and tries to do her bidding for some “turkish delights”, which i can only assume is pieces of turkey breast covered in powdered sugar. this is similar to the first book in the series because they are both on the same basic place (durr!!) and they both show elements of good vs. evil, but not as profoundly as in lww. im going to do a genre slip to wrap all this up.

Deer santy claws,
    Dis is thi leedur dwerf in the armey four ti wyt whitkch. wi iz gunna steel awl yur chrismus prezunts cuz wi iz such smertnizz. nuns of deh nurniuns weel git no prezunts dis yeer and wi is gunnuh huld em priznur tils dey terns ovah tew da wite whitkch. yew aint nawt nebber gun git bakc chrismus. bie da wai, dunt yew bee maykun fun ov mi riting. eye eez steel lerning.

lerv,
    Baws dwerf

wow. i think i just lost a few iq points there… lol.

34. Ok… the Authors purpose of Brainiac is to inform all of the trivia lovers about Ken Jennings famous ride to the hall of fame on Jeopardy!. From all of the characters to the way he had to get on the show. As well as how he finally caught his dream. It is also to entertain the trivia “nerds” if you will ( even though we are not). Ken does this by keeping the reader’s ADHD mind in the book with interesting questions and answers throughout.

#2 Dear Jeopardy Writers:

Would you please write about more interesting topics like sports more often, all of the audiences do enjoy the once in a while government question, but we would much rather here about how to mix a martini. If you do not do this we will have no choice but to come over to LA and kick you all out and take over for ourselves.
    Just because this sounds disastrous please just listen to us.
    Farewell,
    Trivea ( in the book as a license plate) FANATICS.

#3 This book is a lot like Halo. Yes you may be wondering how, but it is.
    For instance, in both books the main characters had to achieve a greater position to achieve their goal. Also they cannot reach their goal alone, they need support and they also need some encouragement. They are different in the fact that the genres are different. One is an autobiography, the other is a scence fiction. Also the theme is different. For Brainiac it is to reach for your dreams and acheive them, Halo’s is when you work as a team you can achieve everything, and you dont always win, but you can still come back later.

#4 The facts are: Ken is domanating the games, until recently, yet he doesnt even really care anymore because he has acheived his goal. And His wife is very happy with him and about all the winnings that Ken has earned.
    Opinions: Wow, I would totally care so that I could win more money and spend it all. I don’t see why he just wants to go home now, I would love to be able to play my dream game. I love trivia and I would love to play jeopardy! for more than 2 months worth of shows.

35. harry potter is one of the best books i have read. i finished it lasted week. the book i am readind now is the convicts. at the begining the main characters sister dies. she fell of a bridge and her mother watched her disappear into the water. as it says in the book, her mind unhinged. the book is weird and it is sort of hard to understand. I hope i get an a in your class. have a nice christmas, and ROLL TIDE!!!!

36. Hey Me Again! right now im reading stargirl. last year one of my friends introduced me to yalls blog and since reading the blogs on stargirl i decided to give it a go! yea thts right i don t go to your school but that doesnt mean im going to tell you what school i go to. thank you all u bloggers whoms inspired me to read the many books i hav….proctor…thts in a book ive read…believe me im not going to be your secretr blogger/stalker….if i stanlk anyone or admir anyone itd be marcy or coleman(be supriced bc im extremely affended bout the dissin on my tibow)

37. Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer of the San Francisco Police Department and her dog, Martha, are enjoying a jog through one of her favorite neighborhoods when an explosion nearly knocks her to the ground. After calling 911 on her cell phone Lindsay ties her dog to a pole and runs inside the burning building to see if there are any servivers. After finding 2 dead bodys, she hears a loud cry and goes to check it out. There she finds a little boy and takes him to safety.

38. There are a number of reasons for this. The protagonists are women, but again, these aren’t girlie girl mysteries that we are dealing with here. Patterson and Gross also keep things moving at an incredible pace, so you can read each chapter and make it go by really fast but at the same time your getting the same amout of facts you would in a regular novel with longer chapters.

39. i think that Mrs. Lindsay will find the targeting suspects from this gang, The August Spies, and begins to search mor into the case some more and shee finds and gets to every new crime scene this gang is about to attack. We already know that this gang kills every 3 days so she only has to days to find and protect every new victum/victums.

40. Lindsay seems like a very comfident, caring, and all around strong woman because she has to comfront each killer, ask the questions, and go into a battle not knowing what kind of scars she is going to come out withn or if she is even goign to come out at all. She is very caring because shee puts her life on the line for people every day that she doesnt know. She goes in giving it her all and hopping she can save someones life while struggling to keep her own.

41. Hey so I’ve been reading Milkweed.

It’s very interesting! This Historically took place during the Holocaust; wouldn’t that make this book a Historical Fiction? Anyway the boy doesn’t remember anything so they made up his past, and actually so far he’s not a Jew he’s a gypsy. There are curtain things all through this week I’m gonna want to point out to you.

1. Monday: The boys don’t seem to care they know nothing it’s almost like it never occurred to them,” Hey guess what I’m stealing food and don’t remember anything about my past.” What’s the deal hey guess what you’re not the king of the world!… Wait I just had a breakthrough!!! Thats the exact reason that they are the best people ever they don’t have to worry about image or what’s to come they’re just there in the moment.

2. Tuesday: The boys don’t fear I mean they don’t even fear fear itself…
    and the two things you should be afraid of in life are: God and fear.
    How could they be without fear when Hitler’s killing all the Jews? But on the other side they have nothing to lose no special place to go to no reputation to live up to and in the end what does all that matter anyway, but most effective they don’t have a family/love to go back to.

3. Wensday: Ok so one of the guys died and they didn’t even seem to care! It’s like a student moving away you never knew. They took the shoes of him. DISRESPECTFUL!!!! So no emotion what so ever. not a good sign it’s a sign making them inhuman.

4. Thursday: The seem to understand completely what’s going on, yet after all I’ve typed I have to say that’s impossible!!!!!! It’s like you and all your friends are going to be tortured and then we’re gonna kill you and they respond with,” and your point is?” It’s hard to understand the human mind!…

well I’ve really GTG so Bye
    Olivia