Blogging through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh…

hey,
like, i don’t have to blog this week b/c mean old mafeld was visited by three spirits and saw that tiny daniel c would die if he continued to blog so mafeld’s heart grew three times larger that day and he decided no blogs over the holidays…

wait, that’s me:)

so anyway, just to update the reading, i read several good things over last week

“food, girls and other things i can’t have” – story of a fat sophomore who lands on the football team and all the sudden gets popular – and gets his girl – for a while – sort of every insecure boy’s dream (even the secure ones) – decent story – not sure that the theme of “look out for yourself b/c no one else is looking out for you” is particularly uplifting – or true – although sometimes i wonder…

“thirsty” – by mt anderson – absolutely loved it – published in 1997 – before twilight – story of a boy who’s becoming a vampire – and he has to try and save the world – but he messes up – and he’s not sure who to trust anymore or what to do – because even his own family is ready to kill him if he is a vampire – much better, at least for guys, with the vampire thing – and a good story about what to do when you can’t make things right – and nothing seems right

“paradise lost” – john milton – read books four and five – there are 12 in the epic poem – satan is now in the garden – tried to tempt eve in her dreams – one reason i love the story is that it’s like historical fiction – about 400 more pages than the story in genesis so you can sort of explore more what might have gone on back then

i’m likely going to the library this week to get the sequel to “100 acre woods” – winnie the pooh – i have several running books i want to get to over the break – and i have a bama football book i found, autographed, this weekend at the thrift store (including another autographed book by a famous runner) – lovin’ the thrift store for books…

happy break/merry christmas/happy new year

mafeld

4 thoughts on “Blogging through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh…”

1. hey everybody! I’m sittin in mafeld’s class waitin on the bell to ring because I’ve already finished all of my work. The STAR test was pretty hard but with my superior knowldge, I probably passed it. I’m like a homonovas or something! (the next stage of evolution for the human race) Donj’t deny cuz if you do it’s only because you know it’s true and that someday I’ll be ruler of the world and you will all be under my control!!! hahaha Okay, I’m gonna go play free rice so I can give rice to people that don’t have such an advantage as us. See ya later!

Colonel Proctor

2. Hi Colonel Proctor. Mafeld said I’m the highest in sixth and seventh grade. I don’t think you’re in 7th grade but anyway. BYE!!

3. interesting! mr. singer/ songe writter/ author/ dancer/ runner/ teacher!! okay so i can see that u read alot over christmas holidays…did u leave netime for ur fam?? okay question…does all the book u read hav to hav a dramatic twist….? another thing wats up w/ the family wanting to kill him….is he like out of control, or is he kind of hidding the fact nd hes under control n their jus scared?? wait did i jus see weenie the pooh…yea, mr mayfield wt hav i told u bout those picture books. also the football book….maybe the theme is clear ur jus looking to deep…:) well i hear spagetti callin my name l8r
    ~LOL:-)VAL
    btw-the blog page isnt up