hello kitty says “hi!” from the press box at the ga dome…

yep, let’s just say that hello kitty stood out as a notebook up there – sort of a “which notebook doesn’t look like everyone else’s?” type deal:)

“fighting chance” – by elizabeth warren – most all autobiographies by successful women are good – the things they overcome in matters of sexism – family – warren’s story was no different – her takes on banks and lending was worthwhile as well – the stories about her parents and their poor health at the end reminded me of parts of my own life – but from juco student to harvard professor to US senator, she’s done a lot

“john muir” – founder of the sierra club – california conservation society – muir grew up with an impossible father – the detail that stood out was that at one point, muir knew all of the NT – memorized – and 3/4ths of the OT – amazing – but head knowledge doesn’t do you good unless you apply it – muir developed a heart for nature – and he fought to protect back when there were no regulations – when regulations got started – enjoyable read

“the nutcracker” – trying to catch up with the sixth grade reading – it was different than i expected – i would think the ballet focuses on the last part of the book – and not the battle in the beginning

game was fun last night – always is when your team wins big – happy last week of journals before break

maf

72 thoughts on “hello kitty says “hi!” from the press box at the ga dome…”

1. Growing up Colt

This book gets right in to it. It starts out during his preperation as a Rookie for the Cleveland Browns against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Line- I had prepared myself like I was the starting quarterback, even though I had been regulated to the bench as a third-stringer.

Comment- Colt was prepared for whenever he was needed, even though he knew he wasnt going to play. But after injures Colt was named the starter and he had no trouble because he was prepared and wasnt frustrated when he was on the bench. He was giving effort in everything he was doing.

Line- When the time csme for coach to call on players to speak, he turned to me first and announced I had something to say.

Comment- Colt told his coach to call on him because he knew he was the leader, because he was the quarterback and he needed to show everyone that he had faith that they could win, and that he wasnt scared.

2. ok so here’s a summary of what i’ve read so far in class from “The Diary of Anne Frank (drama)”.

to this point, Anne and her family – along with some others – are in the upstairs area of the office building and are sorting things out. Mama Mayfield asked us a question from something we hadn’t read yet on accident, so i’m awaiting that one guy – his name has left me – to eat all of the food while everyone else is on a new diet.

of course, we all know that Anne’s diary is an admired literary piece, i’m just waiting to see why. i know she tried to hide from the nazis aand all, but so di a lot of other people. i’m waiting for the moment when it hits me – when i understand why Anne’s story is different from the rest.

3. Creative

as im sitting here drinking my cookie milkshake
    i think about bunnies and a giant earthquake
    ground will rumble and bunnies will SHAKE
    and ill be happy knowing there dying and
    then i know that the sky is crying because….
    TOXIC RAIN SUDS FALL DOWN FROM THE BLACK SOUL SKY!!!!!
    enjoy your evening 🙂

4. I’m reading a book about the vietnam war and what happened during it back in america. The main character in this book is a guy named morris and he is in high school during the war and one day they decided to meet at the top of a hill for a meet and a picnic and one of their friends rudi shows up late with a paper in his hands and it states that he is to report the the army sign up whatchamacallit and to take a physical. they had made a pact that if one of the joined the army they all would. morris joined the navy, rudi joined the marines, ivan joined the army, and beck joined the air force. they all looked out for each other during the war and so they survived but only after a few near death experiences. every one of them has their own feelings about the war and in the book they write letters to each other stating those feelings and whether they were scared or not, how they were doing, and what they did.

5. okay, sorry – yesterday was tough…

rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
    had a special friend named Kate
    Kate was a bunny killer
    you would even say she slayed

6. The problem with your reasoning, dear Waspman, is that I, Detective, am not truly very violent.

7. I am going to do a poem(not sure what style ) about my dear enemies Detective, Bunny killer, and Quentin.
    Quennation has no defense;(|
    Katetopia could never have enough baby lasagna;(|
    Detective could never have a big enough rebellion;(|
    To take down my army of 8 taco minions!(|
    WaspMan Out(for now)

8. “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” George Patton

This could be useful because I like telling people what to do and everything that they need to do it, but I know the people know what to do and how to do it. Some people, could end up being a surprise, like in scholars bowl, you wouldn’t expect someone on your team to get a question, but you don’t know their train of thought and how it’s working; it may be completely different than yours.

BTW: Made a bunny killing game, it was pretty cool.

9. I trust no one, not even myself.(Joseph Stalin)
    he cant trust himself because of all his betrayals.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.(Winston Churchill)
    if you have a good attitude or bad one.it can make the difference on a lot of things

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.(Stephan Hawking)
    if you are intelligent then you can adapt to whatever is in front of you.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.(Gandhi)
    if you want peace in the world then you must be peaceful.

10. Creative for this week, I’ve had a spark in intreste. Mostly in horror movies. I’m trying to start another Novel, and my last if I’m not satisfied by my (roughly) nineth attempt to write a good fictional novel. This one, will be playing off of the pshycological and unsettling scares. So after my little while of writing, here’s what I have…

November 28, 2016

I’ve never been so alone, so afraid. Neither have I had to hide within the walls of my own home. The very sanctity of safety in my life. And now I may die in the very house I have lived in since my birth. All because I didn’t let them in.

November 13, 2016
    Rostock, Germany
    10 o’clock am

The family hasn’t been that connected ever since father died. They just argue, and over the stupidest of things. I tend to stay hidden in the basement. The same room I didn’t even know existed. For some reason, the room is appealing.
    A dim over-hanging bulb barely lit the room. It had no windows and no radiators. The degree was low and the air was damp and heavy. Mold in abundance, grew along the ceiling and wall in the back left corner, and it made the air odorous and hard to stand for a long period of time.
    Regardless, most of my time had been spent down there, turning it into a comfortable space for me to stay in. That means major amounts of cleaning products and even more bleach. By the end of today, I should have the last bit of my stuff from my room moved into the basement. No more sharing rooms with my other two siblings.
    Little brother is a pain and all the sisters ever do is whine and complain that they don’t have all of the items they desire, little brats.

Thats all I really have. But I could do a little more studying on how most diary entries were structured. Don’t worry about the scarier parts. They come in a lot later, when IT happens. And the title will remain with me until I’m finished with the entire story. And I won’t reveal too much of my book. I’d rather have a good profet on amazon.com

11. Creative

Bunny heads bunny heads
    bunny heads all the way
    oh what fun it is to ride in a bunny head filled sleigh
    (bunny noise)
    bunny heads blood and bunny stew
    all wrapped up just for YOU!!

12. Line and commentary on Genie Wishes

“I hate to tell you guys, but it is probably good that they ended it”:

This sentence contains a compound sentence. The conjunction is but and it is a compound sentence because it has two complete thoughts which are “I hate to tell you guys” and “it is probably good that they ended it”. This sentence describes when Genie had posted her post online about junk food and Macy posted this commit.

“Dad didn’t go, and neither did Ian.”:

This sentence is a compound sentence. The conjunction is and.It is a compound sentence because it has two complete thoughts.Which are “Dad didn’t go” and “neither did Ian”. This sentence is describing when Genie was talking about why her grandma takes her instead of her dad.

“We could go as some food thing,like peanut butter and chocolate,or bread and butter.”:

This sentence is a compound subject because the conjunction,or,is connecting two subjects.Which are chocolate and bread.This sentence describes when Genie and Sarah are trying to find out what to dress as for Halloween.

” I tried to do the same, but my brown hair was so short,half of it slid out of the band.”

This sentence is a compound sentence because it has two complete thoughts which are “I tried to do the same’ and “My brown hair was so short, half of it slid out of the band.” This sentence describes the time when Genie and Sarah were at their school’s Halloween party and Sarah pulled her long hair into a braid. So Genie tried to do the same but her hair was too short.

13. It’s been an interesting week. Thankfully my birthday’s tomorrow, so I’ve had something to look forward to.

I finished a book this week.

The Future of Us- I thought this was a very comedic read. It really plays on the concept that every little thing we do in the present changes the future- even the most bizarre things. Emma discovers that on her Favorites bar Facebook is on it, but Facebook hasn’t been invented yet. From 1996, Emma and her friend Josh are able to look at themselves and their friends in the future. When Emma is disappointed with every life she creates in the future, she realizes that she needs to focus on the present- not the future.

I guess I’ll end this week with a poem.

Oh joy, everyone sings,
    because the sound of One Direction rings
    when Fred becomes fourteen,
    and Kona Ice comes even though it’s freezing.
    On Fred’s birthday dinosaurs roar,
    and Kate celebrates with bunny gore.
    Amanda finally comes out of the box,
    and O’dalon’s wizardry is still sly as a fox.
    Billy isn’t bothered- he’s practicing the bowl,
    for the showdown at Thompson- 1st place is the goal.
    But the most important thing of all,
    is Fred’s birthday, a wonderful event of fall.

14. Chapter from a different view chapter Chapter 6 Genie Wishes (Sarah)

I am so glad that it is Halloween already! Also, it is great that I get to spend Halloween with my two BFF’s, Genie and, first time ever,Blair.We started off the day with the kindergarten parade at ten thirty. The first costume we saw was a firefighter. the rest of the costumes were actually pretty decent. My other friend Bethany had a brother who went as spongebob. That night me and Genie got ready for trick or treating in my room at my house. Once we got there our bags almost immediately filled up. while we were trick or treating we saw Becca and Bella. After we talked a while we saw Blair.I had seen earlier that Genie looked a little annoyed at Blair. so the whole time I tried to keep them away from each other but even when I did that Genie had that annoyed face. I had to admit Blair was being bratty.After we trick or treated for a while we headed home and had a sleepover at my house.(because Blair got tired)We headed home and watched movies and slept.

15. Line

” drink me”

Commentary

I chose this line because whenever she drinks this potion she grows really big. Also the potion shows up a lot in the story and it is making Alice mad because she can’t help but to drink it because she wants to know when she can go home.

Line

” help me ”

Commentary

I chose this line because I thought that it was important. She says this when she is talking to the Catapillar and she wants to grow a little bit taller so she eats the right side and it makes her huge but when she drank the left side she became very small

Creative

One day Alexa was rambling about how much fun the volleyball lock-in was going to be to her friend, Jalyn. Jalyn spent the night with Alexa so she had to listen to Alexa.

” it’s going to be so much fun!” Said Alexa

” you are making this sound very fun! Is it ok if I come, I mean after all I have stuff except a couple of things that we could go get.” Said Jalyn

” omg we can have so much fun! It will be Cameron, you, and i. We will have so much fun! Omg I can’t wait!” Screamed Alexa

Jalyn and Alexa went to her house to get her stuff. They double checked to make sure that they had everything they needed.

When they woke up in the morning they got everything together and ran to the car so they could go get breakfast

They both decided To go to Cracker Barrel and so they did. Alexa got the old timers plate and jalyn got blueberry pancakes with bacon.

They all ate quickly and ran out into the car. On the way to NXS Alexa and jalyn both sang ” I’m ready I’m ready to go to the volleyball lock-in”

Once they got there they talked to Jordan and got to this conversation about Cameron being late to everything.

” Cameron is really late to everything. Didn’t she say she was coming today, I thought she was but then again she is always late.” Said Jordan

” yeah but she has been getting to news early and to practice early. She has been getting a lot better than she has but I do see what you are saying. She is getting a lot better than she had been” said Alexa

” I agree with Alexa she is getting better about getting to places on time.” Said Jalyn

right when Jalyn said that Cameron walked in and said “what are you doing here?”

” Alexa said it would be a great lock-in and so I had to see what this thing was and right now I like it!” Said jalyn

16. Sure Signs Of Crazy
    Sarah stayed in the bathroom (because of the girl named Gina) for 2 classes until the Principal came an found her.
    Then boom she woke up from her daydream! She WAS inside watching T.V with Finn. But now when she woke up she was outside in the middle of the street standing in the direction of her house. She does not know how she got there, if she ran or if she walked, she can’t remember. “You ok?” Finn asked. “We are going to move!” Sarah replied. “Why do you think that?” he said. “I just know, we always do…” Sarah said. “Why do you move?” Finn asked.

17. Sure Signs of Crazy
    (Sarah told Finn about her mom and he promised to not say anything about to anyone.)
    Then Sarah realized that she did not want to be thinking about this she wanted to be happy, she had spent most of her life being sad. So she gets up and starts walking over to The Duprees’. “Where are you going?” Finn asked. “To the Duprees’, to get an answer.” Sarah said. Sarah walked up to the porch then her fist ponded on the front door when she realized how hard she was hitting on the door she stopped and tapped on the door.