time to work on my awesome tan…

let the bracket madness begin…

“unbroken” – a reread – from five years ago – about enough time for me to forget specifics – but remember general structure – wow oh wow were the japanese awful to american POWs – i don’t remember any of that being covered in history class – we just got US angst over dropping the atomic bomb – and over internment camps – but there was a level of viciousness that made the japanese look worse than the nazis – and how you forgive, overcome that – is a wonderful story to read – i’m disappointed that those that watch the movie won’t realize how “broken” the real character was – that doesn’t fit movie structure

“counter culture” by david platt – my former pastor – a good read – if by good it makes you depressed:) just a book about how to live counter to the societal norms we have now – the unifying tie with it all and the gospel in Chapter 1 made for good reading – some of the stats were very disconcerting – i’m always saddened by the choices of some people – and surprised by them

64 thoughts on “time to work on my awesome tan…”

1. “Deliverance comes at a cost. I bear it so they don’t have to.”

(Dante Wallace)
    The mountain-men’s people are killing the survivors for their blood and Dante is saying is he responsible so his people in the mountain can live

“If you need forgiveness, I’ll give that to you. You’re forgiven.”

(Bellamy)
    Clarke was going to leave after she killed all of the mountain-men and Bellamy tried as hard as he could but he couldn’t get her to stay

Clarke: I tried. I tried to be the good guys.
    Abby: Maybe there are no good guys.

(Abby and Clarke Griffin)

After being reunited with her mother Clarke tells her what she had to do to free them and the mother gives her forgiveness

“I do care, Clarke. But I made this choice with my head and not my heart.”

(Lexa)
    Lexa did a trade with the mountain-men and traded her people for the life of the survivors

2. Monday-” The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more power or status one has you should be reserved in boasting about one’s own importance. When you gain a higher rank, more power, responsibility,

3. Monday-” The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

4. Elijah, you do not know what you are beginning in starting this war with Mayfieldya. But know this: It. Is. Defended. We have Thugs, Bunny Killers, Tragedy Bears, singing princes, Dinosaurs, diner owners, super heroes, princesses, nuns, the Great Hello Kitty, and Binder Girl.

Your puny army will not last against our defences. FOR MAYFIELDYA!!

5. Loki… He is a very complex person full of sadness, rage,loss, and mixed emotions. I personally think it is just a very sad and cruel mistake of identety. So sad πŸ™

6. Monday-” The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more power or status one has you should be reserved in boasting about one’s own importance. When you gain a higher rank, more power, responsibility or what ever applies to you. The higher your stature the more humble you should be.

“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”

Henry David Thoreau

It doesn’t matter what your looking at but what does matter is your perspective of this object, person, etc. You can look at a painting and see colors or you can see someone’s emotions put into art. You can look at a person and see them for who they are or who they will become from being with the people the hang out with.

7. Tuesday-

On the shores of Taurus
    disregarded sea
    I watch and wait
    for you to come back to me
    Because you made me a promise
    a vow you shall keep
    to return to me
    Before my eternal sleep
    as the sun descends , I see you know
    knowing that you kept
    your promise, your vow
    And as the sleep takes me
    When I fall into the sea
    I am now in dissolute peace
    All because …. , you came back to me

8. Wednesday- ”
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don’t do what someone else has done or follow the ” path” they’ve made. You need to be your own person and go away from the path someone else has made and make your own. Some of the best paths are the ones people haven’t taken. You need to make your own path and leave it for people to follow. Instead of following the beaten path make a your own rugged path.

9. Thursday- “If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.”

Abraham Maslow

If you have a solution that’s worked for one problem then with this solution you try and fix everything. With your limited knowledge you try and fix all of your problems with your knowledge and sometimes that’s not enough. Your only one-sided you don’t take the time to learn things the other possible ways but you try to solve everything that one way.