I’m Going to disneyland!!!

second time – and I probably would’ve titled the blog about it the same way 20 years ago:)

“Fabulous Monsters” – book on fascinating characters throughout Literature – there was a summer book shout out (Treasure Island) – so that was cool

“Furious Hours” – great book – all about Harper Lee’s tie to Alex City – really recommendable

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Other Voices, Other Rooms” – Truman Capote’s work – I had never read anything of his – although, Tiffany’s felt familiar at times – enjoyed read it – he was a wonderful writer

“Wink, Poppy, Midnight” – this is what happens when it’s the start of a weekend and you need a book and you spend forever staring at the YA titles in the library and you finally go with the cover you like – you pay a steep, steep price:)

“Let Your Mind Run” – book by ’04 marathon medalist, Deena Kastor – loved the book

“Fifth Avenue: 5 am” – book about how Breakfast at Tiffany’s became a movie – it’s a classic movie – that I still have yet to see – but I found the backstory amazing – starting with the fact that the movie is nothing like the book:)

“Fairy Tales for Fearless Girls” – trying to keep in shape for our fairy tales this year

“No Ivy League” – YA graphic novel that’s non-fiction – based on the author’s summer work 10 years ago

“Between Heaven and the Real World” – SCC book – second time to read it – enjoyed it – and learned a bit something new the second go-round

“One Person, No Vote” – YA adaptation – lots in there about Alabama – although, I doubt anyone would be proud of it:)

j

2 thoughts on “I’m Going to disneyland!!!”

1. Hey Dr. Maf!
    Man, it’s been a while. I’ve missed this blog! I’m glad to see it’s still going strong. What’s your favorite book of this year so far? I started C. S. Lewis’ “The Great Divorce” the other day and I love it!
    I hope all is well in the world of CMS!
    Detective Rachael

2. Detective-Almost-Senior:)
    Awesome to hear from you – sorry it took a week to reply – California was crazy busy – best book was Furious Hours by Casey Cep – about Harper Lee and Alexander City – very, very recommendable – The Great Divorce is an awesome read – I sat next to one of my students on the flight back – pressured her into finally starting to read her summer books – 20 minutes later, she agreed – pulled out the book – I noticed she was on page 9 – 10 minutes later, I looked over and she was asleep – still on page 9:)

maf