socially distant, Bookishly close:)

“The Best Man” – won from the library – good Cubs references – was interesting – I knew about the author – so the book surprised me for what it was about – enjoyable for middle grades

“Once Again We Saw Stars” – book about the loss of author’s two year old child – and the year that followed – book about grief – and loss – exceptionally well written – but a book I would think most parents wouldn’t read

“Dictionary for a Better World” – given to me by Coach Mac – from a county PD workshop – local author involved – well done

“Death By Shakespeare” – read at state FCCLA conference – book about how the characters in Shakespeare die – and oh, they do die in the tragedies:) for the premise, I wasn’t that impressed with the book

“Talking to Strangers” – new Malcolm Gladwell – good book – although, I wondered at times – took in a lot of current events – seemed to want to make them fit a grand theory he had – but I did like the book and would like to use it in the classroom

“Readings on Taming of the Shrew” – really enjoyed this book – this was the start of my COVID19 break reading – will help me teach the sixth grade book

“All He Knew” – good YA on mental illness at the time of WWII – based on a true story – the dismal state of mental health institutions during that time – book of poetry

“Pandemic 1918” – right before COVID19 cancelled everything, I started this book – good – and good for the times we are living in right now

“Lou Gehrig” – took a column Lou wrote in 1927 – well, that he supposedly wrote – you have to know that period to know that ghost writers were used all the time – so while the book was pitched as his voice, I’m not at all confident it was – so disappointing