April brings out the series challenge…

One down (Harry Potter), one to go (Inheritance Cycle) – the great “re-read challenge”

“Sorcerer’s Stone” – enjoyed it – I think I’d forgotten how much Quidditch was in the early books – I’m sad that they dropped out – probably b/c I’m missing sports:)

“Chamber of Secrets” – this was the book where I discovered Harry was born in 1980 – and that was a cool fact to uncover b/c it meant he was just behind me in school

“Prisoner of Azkaban” – I definitely started seeing plot details that became relevant later on at this point – having the movies and the books to remember

“Goblet of Fire” – they cancelled Quidditch that whole year? C’mon, the other kids deserved to play that year too! And why were Quidditch matches supposed to take days when in the books they were always solved quickly?

“Order of the Phoenix” – started my count of the word “snog” – I remembered how foreign it was to me the first time – this was definitely the book with the most “snogs”

“Half-Blood Prince” – Harry ends his Quidditch career suspended – and Ginny saves the day – I really think he would have to look back on his time at Hogwarts as a disappointment that they did win more than they did – and yeah, other stuff happened – but definitely not as important:)

“Deathly Hallows” – I read the original series in 8 days in 2008 – this one took 9-ish days – so I wasn’t too far behind – with two movies to remind me, I knew most of Deathly Hallows – but it was still nice to read – and I was teary at the end, 19 years later

“Code Talkers” – about the men who helped the US in the Pacific during WWII – really good book for perspective during this difficult time

“Eragon” – my last “go to” stash of things to read that I never thought I’d get back to rereading b/c it’d take forever – careful what you think, I guess – anyway, I remembered the movie being so short and my students were so bummed that all the details weren’t included – I’d like to apologize to the producers b/c upon reread, NOTHING happened in the book – it was a miracle it got a movie in the first place

“Eldest” – I remembered more as I started reading – which was good – I knew there was like a battle at the beginning and the end – I thought the last battle was 200 pages – nope, there was 30 pages of battle – followed by 500 pages of explanation of things – followed by 60 pages of battle

“Brrsinger” – enjoyed more this time b/c I knew it wasn’t the end – so I wasn’t disappointed to think I’d finished a really long (boring) trilogy – now, just one more to get through – and then I can wait forever to read that series again