S.T.E.A.M. Lab “Inspiration”

I am so stinkin’ excited because I just found out that the library is going to receive funds from the Shelby County Education Foundation so that we can purchase some new items for our library S.T.E.A.M. lab. ┬áBack in February, I put in an application for an Inspire the Journey Grant. ┬áMy proposal was called, “Problem-Solving and Innovating with S.T.E.A.M.” ┬áToday, Kendall Williams from the Education Foundation showed up at my school with a big ole’ check!

I’m not sure when I actually get to purchase everything but I’ve got my fingers crossed that when the kids return in the Fall, they’ll be greeted with our new gadgets and gizmos. ┬áThis grant will allow our kids to gain additional skills in construction, engineering, programming, robotics, mathematics, and electronics. ┬áSpecifically, I’ve been approved to purchase the following: ┬áa Keeva Contraption Kit, an Ozobot set, a Goobi Construction Set, Makey Makey programming items, a Hands on Equations Kit, a Lego Large Creative box (we’re going to have a Lego Wall), Arduino Electronics, and a Hummingbird Robotics Kit. ┬áWhat a great day!!!