Just when you think all is well…Ok so after several discussions due to the unforeseen circumstances as well as conflicts…we are going to trim Spring down to one week…that will be next week starting Monday 10 – Friday 14. The parent meeting will be Monday after practice starting at 5:30. I apologize for all the confusion but I guess that’s just the world we live in these days! I copied the email from yesterday below as some did not receive. Again do not hesitate to reach out with any questions….
Good Evening…well this day has seemed like it wasn’t ever going to materialize. I dare say we have had some challenges but it looks like we are going to have two of the largest classes we’ve had in over 5 years. We contemplated foregoing the spring and taking advantage of the extra week in the fall but I felt it was absolutely necessary given the tornado and the change in leadership at the High School.
I will elaborate in further detail at the parent meeting but wanted to touch on a few points that might need to be addressed before the meeting.
- TEAMSNAP: For those of you who are not familiar with teamsnap…this is an app/contact management software that we have had great success with in the past. It allows us to communicate in multiple mediums (text, chat and email). It is also a useful tool for parents wanting to communicate with each other on carpool etc. It is free for everyone so be sure to sign-up/login. Also personalize with names of pertinent guardians with numbers etc. to ensure we are always able to be in contact.
- EQUIPMENT: Due to larger numbers and with a limited time, we are going to just be in shorts, shirts and cleats for the duration of spring. We will be ordering additional gear and for what we want to accomplish this spring definitely feel it’s not necessary over these next 10 days.
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE: It will be posted on teamsnap along with pertinent information for each day, time etc. There also is a link to indicate whether or not your student will be attending. Please take advantage of this…as we will be taking role each day and would like notification if they will or will not be present.
- FEES: There will be no fees this spring. We will elaborate on the fall fees at the meeting.
- PLAYER SAFETY: This is priority number 1!! We can ensure that our instruction is focused on proper and effective techniques that are player safety driven. We also are evaluating all equipment to ensure it meets the highest level of safety standards.
The parent meeting will be in the football stands at the middle school at 5:30. If you cannot have a parent/guardian attend please let me know via the attendance schedule. This will save time on identifying those that were not in attendance so that we can relay the appropriate information.
We are excited about this season and the direction of our program. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. GOOM!