This afternoon we met in the lunchroom during Advisory and discussed the following information (via the Parent Letter 2019 linked below that will need to be signed and returned with payment of dues):
- ATTENDANCE: Members are required to attend all meetings. If a member misses a meeting, he/she must show verification of the absence being excused. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- GRADES: Members must maintain a specific number of points in their four academic classes. Grades will be checked periodically; however, if a member knows his GPA has fallen too low, it is best to bring that to a sponsor’s attention immediately. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- SERVICE HOURS: There is a specific number of volunteer hours members must acquire to go Toys For Tots shopping as well as to participate in the tapping and induction activities in the Spring. Additionally, there is proper paperwork that must be completed and turned in for volunteer hours “to count.” Sponsors WILL NOT accept emails from parents or the supervisor/group leader of the activity verifying a member’s participation community service hours. Proper documentation (Individual Community Service Hours) can be found on this NJHS blog above. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DISCIPLINE: Members should have ZERO offenses to include but not be limited to pink slips (warning), pink slips (detention) writing assignments, etc. Discipline records will be reviewed periodically; however, a member should tell a sponsor ASAP if they have been found guilty of an infraction. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DEADLINES: There will be a number of deadlines that MUST be met if a member wishes to stay in good standing and/or participate in various NJHS-related activities. With roughly 130 students who make up this prestigious organization, sponsors will not send out individual reminders. Rather, members have been encouraged to attend meetings, check the blog, check with other members, listen to the announcements, etc. to stay in-the-know. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DUES & VERIFICATION: Verification of a parent/guardian reading the parent letter and payment of dues is due no later than Wednesday, September 25th. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
FYI: MEMBERS WERE NOT GIVEN A COPY OF THIS PARENT LETTER; THEREFORE, MEMBERS WILL NEED TO AT LEAST PRINT OUT THE 2nd PAGE OF THE LETTER TO GET THE VERIFICATION PORTION OF IT FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Last Thing! Would you like to be considered for an officer position? If so, please submit in writing to Mrs. Gingras WHY you would like to be considered for an officer position and explain WHAT qualities, characteristics or talents you have that make you a viable candidate and therefore should be seriously considered. The due date for this is Friday, September 20th.