The purpose of the scholarship program is to financially support post-secondary education for qualifying seniors. The recipient of the scholarship will be a student who:
Exemplifies the following characteristics:
• leadership within at least one school, community, or church activity
• involvement in extracurricular activities
• evidence of positive character, integrity, and leadership traits
Has attained the following achievements:
• an overall minimum academic record of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• a demonstrated commitment to learning
• a successful experience working with children/young people
Candidates for the AAFEPA scholarship will be selected by the AAFEPA district representatives. Each district may select candidates to represent their district for the state scholarship program.
1. An eligible student must be a high school senior who plans to enroll in an accredited college or university.
2. An eligible student must demonstrate a commitment to school, academics and community activities.
3. An eligible student must meet all criteria outlined in the purpose section of this document.
Scholarship winners will be selected based upon the following areas of stated point value:
- High school transcript from spring 2022 (15 points)
- Extracurricular activities/leadership activities within the community or church, and awards received. Please list. (20 points)
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one letter from a faculty member (15 points)
- A 300 word (maximum) essay. This essay should explain why the student is applying for this scholarship and describe their personal experience with adversity and how they overcame adversity. (50 points)
The student’s application packet must be postmarked and mailed to the AAFEPA Scholarship Committee by Friday, October 7, 2022.
Application attached below.