Attached is an informational flyer for an ACT Boot Camp scheduled for December 4 – 7, 2017.
See link below for scholarship application.
ATTENTION CREATIVE WRITERS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTEVALLO!
- The Jim Harrell Poetry Prize is for entering freshmen at the University of Montevallo
- $2000 scholarship for the contest-winning poem
- $1000 scholarship for second place
- See the flyer below for complete details on the awards and how to enter.
- For more information, please contact Jim Murphy, Professor of English, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-665-6431.
UAB is hosting a Financial Aid Night on campus for any students interested in learning more about the federal financial aid process. This event is open to any students and parents who wish to attend – not only those interested in UAB. We’ll discuss the federal aid process, how to complete the FAFSA, types of aid available, and much more. We’ll also have financial aid and admissions counselors available for any questions. Please see the flyer attached for more information.
If you have any questions about our Financial Aid Night, please let me know!
Jordan Simpson | Admissions Counselor
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
UAB | The University of Alabama at Birmingham
1701 BLDG | 1720 2nd Avenue S | Birmingham, AL 35294
P: 205.704.9243 | email@example.com
Shelby County High School Partners with Cash for College as Financial Aid Resource for Students
- The Alabama College Application Campaign Week/Cash for College is scheduled for October 30 – November 3, 2017
- Seniors will have an opportunity to complete their FAFSA and apply for college in the SCHS computer lab during their Government class on Friday, November 3rd
- Colleges waiving application fee: Cash for College 2017 Participants
- Internet Resources:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) fafsa.ed.gov
- StudentAid.gov is a site for students and parents. It provides detailed information about the FAFSA, the FSA ID, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, student dependency status, reporting parent information, and what happens after the FAFSA is submitted. Federal Student Aid http://studentaid.ed.gov/
- State of Alabama Financial Aid Programs http://www.ache.alabama.gov/StudentAsst/Programs.htm
- Scholarships http://achievealabama.org
- SCHS Counselor Blog https://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/schs-counselor/
The Engineering Department at Mercer University invites interested seniors and their parents to enjoy an open house to meet faculty and students, visit campus labs and compete for valuable scholarships at the annual Mercer University Scholarship Challenge on Saturday, November 11. Students can visit http://engineering.mercer.edu/scholarship to fill out the application.
Alabama Leaders of Educational Technology (ALET) announces a $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a public high school senior enrolled in a school system with a delegate member in this organization. Seeking graduating seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in both non-school sponsored and extracurricular school activities. The recipient must attend an accredited college/university or technical school located in the state of Alabama.
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
* Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and plan to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college/university or technical school pursuing a degree in IT or related field
* Application must be accompanied by an essay (guidelines listed under item 11 of the application)
* One page resume’ (attachments are allowed for activities, honors and service)
* Two letters of recommendation as to your character and your ability to meet your scholastic and community responsibilities – one must be from principal and/or counselor
* Applicant must have the endorsement/signature of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are a qualified applicant for this scholarship program
* Application deadline is November 17, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
If you have any questions contact Barbara Burchard, Scholarship Chair
Confirmation receipt of the application will be sent. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the application arrived on time. ALET Scholarship Application-2018The applications will be reviewed and recipient of the scholarship selected by a committee of volunteers. The scholarship will be awarded at ALET Winter Meeting in Montgomery.
The University of Montevallo will once again offer ACT Prep Camps to help students prepare to take the ACT. The next session is Saturday, October 14th. This course will prepare students to strategize their approach while studying and during testing. UM will provide scholarships to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch and need financial assistance. Register today and take advantage of this opportunity to become confident and calm as you prepare for and take the ACT exam.
TO REGISTER, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.montevallo.edu/academics/experiential-learning/partnerships-outreach/act-prep-camp/
Students will receive The Official ACT Prep Guide, pencils, pen with highlighter, and folder with resources and tips.
Additional prep camps will be held at UM on NOVEMBER 18, JANUARY 20, & MARCH 24! Please see the attached flyer for additional information.
- October 9 – 11, 2017, 5:30 – 8:50 each evening in the Margie Sanford Center on the Childersburg Campus
- October 23 – 26 from 6:00 – 8:30 each evening at the Talladega Center in Room 102
All pertinent information is contained in the attached flyer.