ACIPCO will accept applications for entry-level manufacturing positions beginning 7 am Friday, January 8, 2016. Interested candidates may apply online at www.american-usa.com under the Careers section. The starting pay is $17.59/hour. The work is physical in nature, and applicants must be able to work on a three-shift rotation.
National School Counseling Week
Poster & Essay Contest
ELIGIBILITY & GENERAL GUIDELINES
Participants should be current students in Alabama schools, grades K – 12.
• Grades K – 2: Submit a poster. (See guidelines below.)
• Grades 3 – 12: Submit an essay. (See guidelines below.)
• Only 1 entry per student is permitted.
All entries should reflect the designated theme.
• Grades K-11: What are School Counselors and how do they help students? How have you been helped?
• Grade 12: How has a School Counselor helped guide you toward your future?
POSTERS should not exceed 11×17 and should be completed on paper or poster board—not canvas.
ESSAYS should not exceed 1 page. Typed essays should utilize a professional font, size 12 point, with single spacing. If handwritten, essays should be clearly legible. Neatness counts! All essays must provide a clear description/discussion related to the designated theme.
ALL entries must have a completed, official cover sheet securely attached.
See Mrs. Payne for the official cover sheet and additional information.
• Coupons.com Scholarship Fund (3 $5,000 scholarships available); Deadline- Multiple
• Sunoco Rewards Scholarships (TWO $1,000 opportunities available); Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Big Fish Online Games Scholarship ($2,500 Scholarship); Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Bay Alarm Medical Scholarship (Scholarships of $2,000, $1,000 & $500 awarded); Deadline- 4/22/2016
• AED Superstore College Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Griswold Home Care Bi-annual Scholarship; Deadline- Ongoing/Biannual
• Waterlogic’s Clean Water Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• Corporation Service Company Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• eMaint Service on 11 Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• PicMonkey $1000 Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• The Company Corporation’s Quarterly Business Plan Contest; Deadline- Ongoing/Quarterly
• Oz Moving & Storage Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• Crown & Caliber Entrepreneur’s Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
The JSCC high school scholarship applications for 2016-2017 will be posted online at www.jeffersonstate.edu in January. Thirty-five academic scholarships will be awarded. The minimum requirements are a 3.0 GPA and 22 ACT.
Applicant must be a high school senior, a U.S. citizen, & an Alabama resident. Applicant must demonstrate financial need, have a minimum 2.75 GPA and have an ACT score of 26 or BELOW. Applications open January 4, 2016, and close April 22, 2016. For more information or to apply, visit CollegeCountsAlabama.com.
On Friday, November 13th, Mrs. Payne and Mrs. Keahey will be speaking to all seniors regarding the college application and scholarship application process. Remember, the scholarship application deadline for most colleges is December 1st!