ACFA offers scholarships for high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited school of architecture. The scholarship application is online at www.alcfa.org. For more information, see Mrs. Payne.
If you’re taking AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, or AP English Language next year and would like a chance to participate in a free summer preparatory program, see Mrs. Payne for more information on the Impact Alabama summer AP institute at UAB and The University of Alabama.
The Educators Community Credit Union will award three high school seniors a $2000 scholarship. Eligibility requirements include: The applicant must be/ or become a member of ECO Crediut Union, with their account in good standing. Applicant must become a member no later than March 18, 2016. The application must be a senior in high school who will be enrolled or plan to be enrolled in an undergraduate course of study during the 2016-2017 academic school year at an accredited 2 or 4 year college, university, or vocation-technical college.
Members of the ECO Board of Directors and the Scholarship Committee and their immediate family members/ dependents of the same household, as well as ECO employees and their family members/ dependents of the same household are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
Please see Mrs. Payne for the application and more information. Applications are also available on ECO’s website: www.ecocu.org.
Applications are due no later than March 18, 2016.
This year the Alabama Association of School Office Personnel will award up to four $1000 scholarships for seniors planning to pursue a degree from the College of Business or K-12 Education. Please see Mrs. Payne for an application and list of requirements. The application deadline is March 1.
JSCC will award 35 full-tuition scholarships to outstanding high school students that will be enrolling in the Fall 2016 semester. These are one year scholarships which may be renewed for one additional year provided the recipient meets the criteria.
Students must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 22 on the ACT. The student must be a U.S. citizen or provide proper documented residency status.
Go to www.jeffersonstate.edu to apply for admission to Jefferson State and to fill out the NEW 2016-2017 scholarship application. One recommendation and a typed, two page essay stating why the student wants to attend JSCC should be attached to the application when it is submitted.
The deadline is March 1st.
Greater Birmingham Habitat for Humanity is seeking applicants for Habitat Birmingham’s homeownership program. To qualify for the program, families must have a housing need such as overcrowding, high rent, or an unsafe living situation; the ability to repay a zero percent interest mortgage; and be willing to partner with Habitat Birmingham by completing 300 sweat equity hours.
Please see the counselor for an application.
ACIPCO will accept applications for entry-level manufacturing positions beginning 7 am Friday, January 8, 2016. Interested candidates may apply online at www.american-usa.com under the Careers section. The starting pay is $17.59/hour. The work is physical in nature, and applicants must be able to work on a three-shift rotation.
National School Counseling Week
Poster & Essay Contest
ELIGIBILITY & GENERAL GUIDELINES
Participants should be current students in Alabama schools, grades K – 12.
• Grades K – 2: Submit a poster. (See guidelines below.)
• Grades 3 – 12: Submit an essay. (See guidelines below.)
• Only 1 entry per student is permitted.
All entries should reflect the designated theme.
• Grades K-11: What are School Counselors and how do they help students? How have you been helped?
• Grade 12: How has a School Counselor helped guide you toward your future?
POSTERS should not exceed 11×17 and should be completed on paper or poster board—not canvas.
ESSAYS should not exceed 1 page. Typed essays should utilize a professional font, size 12 point, with single spacing. If handwritten, essays should be clearly legible. Neatness counts! All essays must provide a clear description/discussion related to the designated theme.
ALL entries must have a completed, official cover sheet securely attached.
See Mrs. Payne for the official cover sheet and additional information.
First place will receive a $2000 scholarship; Second place will receive a $1000 scholarship. The award is a one-time scholarship and is non-renewable.
- The competition is open to any high school senior in the state of Alabama planning to enroll at the University of Montevallo.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- Entries will be judged off-campus by professionals in the field. Criteria include creativity, originality, imagery, artistic quality, and mastery of poetic expression.
- Must be postmarked by February 1. No late entries will be accepted.
See Mrs. Payne for more information, including directions for submitting entries.
• Coupons.com Scholarship Fund (3 $5,000 scholarships available); Deadline- Multiple
• Sunoco Rewards Scholarships (TWO $1,000 opportunities available); Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Big Fish Online Games Scholarship ($2,500 Scholarship); Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Bay Alarm Medical Scholarship (Scholarships of $2,000, $1,000 & $500 awarded); Deadline- 4/22/2016
• AED Superstore College Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• Griswold Home Care Bi-annual Scholarship; Deadline- Ongoing/Biannual
• Waterlogic’s Clean Water Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• Corporation Service Company Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• eMaint Service on 11 Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• PicMonkey $1000 Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016
• The Company Corporation’s Quarterly Business Plan Contest; Deadline- Ongoing/Quarterly
• Oz Moving & Storage Scholarship; Deadline- 4/30/2016
• Crown & Caliber Entrepreneur’s Scholarship; Deadline- 5/31/2016