The Shelby County Schools Community Education Program is hosting a variety of different specialty enrichment camps at locations this summer throughout Shelby County. The specialty enrichment camps are in addition to traditional full-day Summer Camp which will be offered at Calera Intermediate, Helena Intermediate, Forest Oaks Elementary, and Oak Mountain Intermediate.
Fees vary dependent on the classes being offered. The classes are open to students who are zoned for Shelby County Schools and may be limited to certain ages or grade spans.
Forest Oaks Elementary
- Cheer Camp – June 6-9 from 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Miss Beth’s Gymnastics – June 13-June 17 from 3:00-5:00p.m.
- Arrrgg You Ready for an Adventure Pirate Camp? – June 20-June 24 from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Helena Elementary School
- Summer Art Camp with Miss Alice – June 13-June 17 (choose one of three sessions: Session 1 – 10:00-11:15 a.m.; Session II – 1:00-2:15 p.m.; Session III – 6:00-7:15 p.m.)
- Ms. Henderson’s Art Camp – June 20-June 24 (choose one of two sessions: morning session – 9:00-11:30 a.m.; afternoon session – 1:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Star Wars STEM Camp – June 6-June 10 and July 11-July 15 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- American Girl Book Club – June 13-June 17 from 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Creation Station June 20-June 24 (choose from two sessions morning session – 9:00-11:30 a.m.; afternoon session – 1:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Fun With Reading and Math – June 13-June 16 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and June 27-June 30 from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Camp Build – July 11-July 14 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Passport to Spanish – July 11-July 14 from 9:00 a.m-11:00a.m.
Mt. Laurel Elementary
- Chelsea Cheer – June 6-June 9 from 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Summer Singers Show Choir – June 6-June 10 and June 27-July 1 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00p.m.
Oak Mountain Elementary
- Art Smart with Carol Popwell – July 19-July 22 and July 26-July 29 from 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- STEM: Science, Technology, Excitement, and More – June 20-24 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and July 18-July 22 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Chinese Language and Culture – June 20-June 24 and July 11-July 15 from 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Princess Camp – July 11-July 15 from 9:00-11:00am
- Little Miss Manners – July 11-July 15 from 1:00-4:00 p.m
- Ready, Set, Grow: OMES Kindergarten Kickoff Camp – July 11-July 15 and July 25-July 29 from 8:30- -11:30 a.m.
- OMES Cheer Camp – June 1-June 3 from 9:00 a.m-12:00 p.m.
- KIDS in The Kitchen – June 6-June 10 from 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Cool Crafters – June 6-June 10 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Oak Mountain Intermediate
- Summer Art with Miss Walker – June 6-June 10 from 1:00-3:30 p.m. and June 13-June 17 from 9:00-11:30 a.m.;
- OMIS Cheer Camp – June 6-June 9 from 8:30-11:00 a.m.
- Cooking Camp with Miss Vaughn – June 13-June 17 from 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Curtain Call – June 20-June 24 from 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
For more information on these or other enrichment classes, visit: http://www.shelbyed.k12.al.us/community/enrich.html
For more information on traditional Summer Camp, including fees, visit: http://www.shelbyed.k12.al.us/community/camps.html
Community Education will also be offering Drivers Education and Health for high school students. For more information contact Kay Dummier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-682-5843.