Students began dividing fractions today in class. The concept of a reciprocal (“to flip”)was introduced as well. Here are the steps to dividing fractions:
1. Rewrite the first fraction (Keep)
2. Change the division symbol to multiplication (Switch)
3. Write the reciprocal of second fraction (Flip)
4. Follow normal multiplication of fractions rules (multiply numerators & multiply denominators……try to cross cancel if you can!)
5. Reduce your answer to simplest form – If answer is improper fraction, change back to a mixed number.
HOMEWORK FOR MONDAY NIGHT, OCTOBER 27TH