Welcome Back! I hope you all had a happy and safe Christmas! Yeah! It’s 2015 and I am excited. We will be starting our Catastrophic Events Unit. We will cover weather and climate this nine weeks. We have lots of fun labs….so get ready. Some of them you may even get a little dirty but hopefully you will be learning more about our planet we call EARTH. 🙂
- New Group/Seating Assignment
- Red Textbook pp. 310 – 321
- Finding Clues to Rock Layers – Skills Lab p. 322
1. Complete assigned questions if needed.
2. Organizing Science Notebook on Wednesday. If you need a new binder or folder and paper please bring by Wednesday.
- Fossil Lab
1. Materials for Notebook are due tomorrow.
- Develop a working definition for Catastrophic Events.
- Brainstorm and list as many natural Catastrophic Events as you can come up with.
- Create a Concept Map/Picture Map of Catastrophic Events
Homework: None 🙂
Wow! It was really cold this morning. So cold we got to stay home 2 extra hours. Our class times were off because of this.
- Read AMSTI p. 6
- Student Sheet 1.2a Pre-Unit Assessment (we talked about where certain CAT events would take place and why they occur there)
Homework: Stay Warm!
Our head AMSTI coordinator will be visiting us tomorrow. We will be doing fun things in our groups.
KONA ICE is tomorrow. Bring your cups and money. Yummy!
Homework: Have a Great Weekend! No homework!