Friday and Next Week

Reading   Friday Quiz on Chapters 1-7  Internal and external conflicts, indirect characterization and basic comprehension.  Students should review terms and graphs– hint hint.  Very light on vocabulary– hint hint.

Read chapter 8 for homework.  Movie will show on Hallmark Friday night. If you watch , don’t share with those of us who can’t be near a TV.

English:  quiz ch. 9 then work on rough draft.  If you did your plot graph, listed events in the story and wrote possible dialogue for your main characters in class it ought to go fast and smooth.  Your writing journal should contain your rough draft and be in my box on Tuesday afternoon.

Remember, I don’t expect Twain, Hemingway or Dickens but I do not want to read the historical fiction version of “Pokey Little Puppy”.

What I do expect:

*Evidence of indirect characterization as well as direct

*Dialog that furthers the plot developement and characterization of major characters

*Complete sentences

*Correct spelling and punctuation

This short story is an opportunity for you to make your own choice about what and how you write.                                            I know you’re only in the 6th grade and at the same time,  I know you’re in the 6th grade!