happy testing week

howdy,
you still don’t have to write – but i do or else i’ll forget all the books i’ve been reading…

a beautiful mind by nasar – i think it was nasar – anyway, wonderful book – much more detail than the movie – not that i remember much of he movie – in my defense, i doubt you remember much from 2001/02 either… 🙂 very sad book but lots of hope – the fact that nash came out of his problems late in life – sort of a reawakening – and that he remarried his wife – who is a remarkable woman to have to love a person with a mental illeness

american prometheus – a book about robert oppenheimer – the coordinator of the US efforts to develop and deploy the atomic bomb – again, another genius who has to deal with disappointment – for opp, the country decided nuke weapons were wonderful – about the same time he decided otherwise – and suddenly, he wasn’t the most popular person – his family was wrecked as a result too

when you reach me by stead – adolescent fiction – great read – very quickly finished – but good – story set in the 1980s – protagonist a sixth grade girl who has to solve a mystery – entertaining – won some award this year

vicksburg 1863 by groom (the guy who wrote forrest gump – which was a good book to read by the way) – story of the battle for this civil war town – i knew the basics – lots of good details i didn’t know – like the south eating rats late in the siege…

heartbreak hill – a murder mystery where the murderer is a frustrated neo-nazi set on terrorizing the boston marathon – read it quickly and learned a few things about the marathon course – but, alas, wasn’t impressed at all

christ plays in ten thousand places by peterson – wonderful book – first in a set of five dealing with Christ and theology (so Christology)  – learned a bunch but also learned that it matters little if you don’t apply things you learned about JC

i suppose the list above is way more than enough to hopefully convince you that i did read a bit over the break – do hope i didn’t wear your eyes down for testing…

happy march week!

dr roy

One thought on “happy testing week”

1. Tuesday-
    I am reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. The author’s pirpose of this book is to enetertain. So far in the book, I just started reading Part 2, the writer has brought a mystery infront of us, & we must keep reading if we would like to know what is happening.
    Wednesday-
    So far in Part 2 of The Choice, Travis is sitting in the hospital, Part 1 was all a flashback & he is recalling the memories with Gabby. One of the most memorable was how Gabby came to start working at the hospital; she was sexually harrassed by one of her coworkers and without her permisson, Travis found where he lived, and punhced him in the face. She then was asked to leave voluntarily and her boss would write her a great recommendation letter.
    Thursday-
    Travis,
    As I lie here in this bed, I can’t help but think that we have drifted apart. I know this may seem like a bad time to tell you, but its been on my mind the past few months. Enclosed in this letter, are the divorce papers, I know I am making the biggest mistake of my life, but I can’t bear to put you trhough this any longer. I love you, I really do, I think this is just what we’ve been needing. I hope that you can find happiness with another woman, & with our children.
    Love,
    Gabby Holland<3