still not on the list, but…

happy mid-june everybody!!!

“you haven’t taught until they’ve learned” – i know, heavy irony that i read this book – anyway, it’s by swen nater – a holland guy who was separated from his parents for a few years before finally getting the U.S. – and then he played basketball for john wooden – very famous basketball coach – anyway, the book was very inspiring – for teachers at least – sort of reminds you why you teach (for the money, of course:)

“walk-on” by thom gossom jr – heavily recommended to those of you that bleed orange and blue – gossom was the first au african-american athlete to graduate – one of the first african-american athletes at au period – and he walked on (no scholarship) on top of that – very good, inspiring, story of how you can achieve your goals if you’re determined enough – and a good reminder of how close to remarkable history we all live in

the other reading i’ve been doing lately would concern south africa – a bunch of articles the economist did on the country in ready for the world cup being there – i guess what i learned is that while things look really good at the venues for the games, the country still has many economic – racial – political problems – oh, and education is still very much in need of help – of course, those of you that have me as a teacher are in need of help too:)

guess that’s it – do hope you’re enjoying your break

sincerely,
dr mafeld

8 thoughts on “still not on the list, but…”

1. 8-24-10
    *The Merry Adventures Of ROBIN HOOD*
    Guess what I was just reading. It’s pretty odvious. I will write about how the book would be different if we read the book through another person’s eyes.
    Let’s see how the book would be different if we read it through Will Stutely’s eyes.
    One of my favorite parts I read is when Will is sent in disguise by Robin out where the sherriff’s men where searching for them.
    When Will walks into the Blue Boar Inn he finds the sherriff’s men having a drink he sits down and waits to speak with the inn keeper.
    One of the sherriff’s men see’s some of Will’s Lincoln green clothing. Which gives away his identy.
    If we were reading this through Will’s eyes he would probally be regreating letting some of Lincoln green clothes show. I think he would also be wondering if one of the men say it. He was probally scared to death because he new that he might die!!!!!!!
    Why don’t we leave it at that. I hope you think I did a good job!!!
    Luv,
    Merritt :O)

2. I just finished reading *Twillight*. It was awesome!!!!! It wasn’t like anything I’ve ever read. It was addicting. I think that if it was written through Edward’s point of view, it might not have been as exciting as it was. Like, before Bella found out Edward was a vampire. It was a little more mysterious, and near the end when Edward saves Bella, she was able to explain her feelings better then Edward could have. But it was still an awesome book!!!!

3. Today I started reading *Eclipse*. I only got through the first 5 pages, but I still like it. I can’t really type much about it, because, I wasn’t able to read *New Moon* but I will say that the authors purpose for writting this book, in my oppion, was to entertain, and to carry on the story that started in the first book. (and also to warn you about the dangers of dating a vampire) J.K.!!!!! But I think I will like it and have fun reading it.

4. Hi i’m still on *inkdeath* and i’ll be typing about authors purpose.(I read for 30 min tonight)

I think authors purpose for writing the book in my opinion was to entertain, to mystify, to wrap up the series, to amaze, and to get the readers to see multiple sides of the same story. I think it’s a really good series and any one who hasn’t tried it should. bye!

5. Hey! Mr. Mayfield. I am going to type about *Twillight* again. Comparing it to *Eclipse*, I’d say their alot alike. They both have Edward and Bella, but Jacob is more invollved in this book. He is a bigger part of it. plus they both have Charlie. But, compared to *Charolet’s Web*, the only similarites are that the both have words and people, and cars. The saga is very unique. It’s also very sweet and romantic, and I HAVE to see the movie. Anyway, see you tomorrow.

6. I am reading “Loose team Loose” again because it is a really good book and enjoy it. A kid name Ernie needs to get the season of right because his team has a 100 game losing streak. There team mate named Nose bleed and i’m sure you can guess why because he always has a nose bleed. He needs t ofind some how to win so he has a secret weapon on his mined.

7. now I’m reading a different series called warriors it’s a lot cooler than inkheart. it’s really similar to ink heart as far as fighting goes (i mean there’s lots of action in both books) but in sense they’re both a bit of fantasy but warriors is totally about cats. (it doesn’t quite fit the title though does it?)

warriors is an awesome series and anyone who hasn’t read it should! bye!

8. I’m On Page 20 In Pendragon So Far It’s Coming Real Good Bobby’s Uncle Took Him Through the ugly side of N.Y. City. He Walking Into An Old Abandoned Subway Station And A Cop Shows Up (As I Think It’s A Cop) And His Uncle Puts On A Show For Bobby. If Anybody Likes Action And Fantasy READ THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Bye,Timothy