fat book sandwiches and football matters…

dearest peeps:)

i do hope you’re enjoying your Labor Day holiday – if you’re a sixth grader and new to this (or a lost seventh grader), you don’t have to blog on Monday – it’s a holiday – truly, enjoy the off – no need to do homework that day

i had a productive week in the world of reading – i finished “dracula” by bram stoker – basically, a group of guys chase dracula around until they find him and put the final nail in the metaphorical coffin (actually, they drove a stake through his heart) – i then read “coming back stronger” by drew brees – new orleans saints quarterback – good read about how to handle adversity – brees overcame injuries and people who doubted his ability to play in the NFL to put together some wonderful last few years – i finished that book yesterday in t-town while waiting for the bama game to start – i then started and finished today “slob” by ellen porter – best of the battle of the books so far just b/c it was sort:)

slob’s title is a misnomer – you think the title is related to one thing but it’s really about another – in all seriousness (b/c out of my mind by sharon draper is the best BOB by far), the book was okay – good for 200 quick pages – story about a kid who’s trying to overcome his self-doubts created when his parents were murdered two years before

i also read the book of leviticus this week – lots about what to eat and not to eat for Israel – i read a story this morning in the economist that drinking water is good for you (shocking)

no big reading plans this week – i guess i’ll go back to a classic on the nook if nothing i’ve ordered from the library comes in – i’m holding off on the pyramid and other BOB books until i get in the mood – which isn’t now…

sincerely,

49 thoughts on “fat book sandwiches and football matters…”

1. Hey Mr. Mayfield…… I’m still reading the book New Moon by Stephanie Meyer….. So far Bella has went to the movies to see a greusome movie with Jacob Black and her friend Mike… She was hoping to find Mike a date but everybody was sick or either bailed out. The movie in the book seemed like a horror move, but with stupidity in it… back to the book— it’s in Bella’s piont of view still. I like how it really describes the emotions of the charictors in the book….. Well, my five minutes is up.. Later

2. Hey Mr. Mayfield, Today i’ll Do…linking Books To other Books.
    I’m still readin PenDragon Book 1 :p
    In the Book Pendragon There’s alot Of action. Just Like a Book I Read in 4th Grade Called Max Rider. I Could Link To It Because Both Are Saving People and Both Have ALOT OF ACTION!!!!!!!!

Bye!!:), timothy

3. My entire weekend was dedicated to a project, and BOB reading & question writing. (I am 130 pages in, with only 54 questions, but i have to go back and write more) I told myself I would read a chapter THEN write questions for that chapter, but- that didn’t work out too well, BECAUSE– the book, Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson- is AMAZING. We watched a video about it being released in 8th grade haha. it seemed boring(: but i figure I will be finished by the end of the week, I read Heart Shaped Box- Joe Hill- last week, that was also a very awesome book, It was a little… strange- at times- but overall the basic plot was highly entertaining. So after wintergirls I plan on reading the next in my BOB series- The Morgue and Me- John C. Ford- The description seems interesting. But yeah- Wintergirls seems to really be one of those awesome eye opening “how do you think other people feel when you make fun of them” books. It is sad (from the main character’s conflict with herself), and sickening (from the way she treats herself because of that conflict, and how the people around her treat her), yet wonderful. Pus i have been re-reading the bible(:

4. I had an interesting Day Here are two words that describe how I am feeling Right now
    FRUITFUL PANDA!! Yes i know i said Fruitful panda i am not sure what that means so if you can figure it out please tell me!!! How was Everybody’s Labor Day? Mine was awesome i went shopping……. for a new toilet seat. Yep that was fun for me!!! OK, So i have to write about my books I actually finished the 3rd series of Unfortunate Events Book so now i am on The miserable Mill!!!
    Tuesday โ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซโ™ซ
    The Miserable Mill is About The Bauldalaire Children and Their Messed up Lives. The Miserable Mill is the Fourth book in the series and the children move to one of their relatives house which is at Lucky Smells Lumbermill ( an interesting name) They are required to work at the mill which is a bad place for children to work. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny have to share one bed and they only get a piece of gum for lunch. The other workers at the mill get paid in Coupons which doesnt make sense but that is what it said in the book. The only Reason the children are happy is that they no that they are safe from Count Olaf! Wrong! Count OLaf will Show up. I will write back tomorrow But i have got to go!!
    Bye, Love, Julie or Jewels however you want to say it.
    (Fruitful Panda) lol

5. 9-7-10
    Tuesday
    I’m reading Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):)
    If i read this section from Edward’s point of view we would know what he was thinking. We would know where he was taking Bella & what she thaught about her. ๐Ÿ™‚ (I think she likes her:) ) We would also know what he thinks about Bella’s driving & about her dad. ๐Ÿ˜€ ;D We would also know why he thinks he would hurt Bella :(.
    SEE YA L8ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):);););)

6. Hey everybuddy. I am reading New Moon, just like Alisha. I think it is awesome. But I don’t understand why Edward would leave, and Alice too. It is kind of sad how Bella is taking it. I think that sometimes it is hard for some people to deal with change. I wonder how Edward is doing. He’s having a hard time too, I bet. (I read Eclipes). But I don’t quite know why he came back, or how she found out he was in Italy. I think the authors purpose of this book was to entertain. ( And teach people about vampire loveโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅ). JK!!!!! But the book is really sweet. So, untill tomorrow, PEACE OUT!!!!

7. Hey! Wow Julie(Jewels), Fruitful Panda???? What in the world is that suppose to mean, because I don’t have a clue. My Labor Day was actually pretty good, thanks for asking. I didn’t really do anything special except the fact that I ate a family dinner but that’s about it. I hope that everybody elses Labor Day was good.

Okay, so I finally got a playaway and it is the one called Kidnapped. I actually had the Goosebumps playaway in mind, but to my knowledge, Shaina has it-thank you very much if you are reading this Shaina-. Anyway I have already gotten to chapter 6 and so far, it’s pretty good.

Well I know it may be boring, but just to get y’all up to date, I’m going to write a summary of what I have read so far. So the two main characters in the book so far are Aiden and Meg.-Meg is Aiden’s 11 year old little sister-. Well their parents had gone to jail and apparently, nobody likes them or their family. So I am at the part where Meg gets kidnapped-hint hint- and Aiden and his parents are teaming up with private investigators to help find her.

Alrighty, I think that sums it up for ya and I will be listening to my playaway in the future. I will also post back tomorrow!!! Bye!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚ โ˜บโ˜ปโ™ฅโ™ชโ™ซโ˜ผ ๐Ÿ™‚

8. I am reading The Red Pyramid from the Kane Chronicles series for BOB. I don’t love it. Its better than Gone or Sure Fire from last years BOB. I finished Out of My Mind yesterday and To Kill A mockingbird Saturday. Out of my Mind is the best book so far and probably will be the best one out of all of them.

Tuesday-
    In the beginning of Red Pyramid, it introduces Carter and his dad, an “archeologist” who travels the world and specializes in ancient Egypt. For myself I think ancient Egypt is a pretty cool subject but I wouldn’t want it to be my life. His mom dies when he is six or seven. He has a sister, Sadie, who, when his mom died his grandparents got custody of mainly because they hate Sadie’s dad and dislike Carter. Later in the book you find out that Carter’s dad was actually a magician who traces back to pharohs. Their mom is one too. The book is interesting because it is told from Carter and Sadie speaking into a microphone. Interesting, I’ve never haerd of a book read this way. That’s all for today!

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€ :8 ๐Ÿ˜›

9. HEY MR.MAYFEILD,
    WELL TODAY I READ IT’S NOT EASY BEING MEAN. AND THE THING I AM GOING TO DO IS POV CHANGE.
    OKAYY SO WHAT I READ WAS STATING THAT THE GIRLS HAD GOTTON IN BIG TROUBLE FOR GOING OFF INTO THE WOODS ON A FEILD TRIP AND THEY GOT EXPELLED BUT ONE GIRL CAME UP WITH A WAY SO THAT THEY CAN GET BACK INTO SCHOOL. AND THAT IDEA WAS THAT THE GIRLS COULD HAVE AN EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY AND SO THAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY WAS A SPRT THAT ONE OF THE GIRLS HATED AND THAT WAS SOCCER!!!
    OKAYY AND SO THIS IS HOW I AM GOING TO DO MY POINTOF VEIW CHANGE WELL SEE THIS ONE GIRL (THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT) HATED SOCCER AND WAS NOT GOING TO DO IT BUT WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO IT SHE REALIZED THAT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND HER SO SHE JOINED THE SOCCER TEAM SO HER FRIENDS AND HERSELF WOULD BE HAPPY!!!
    – HOPE YOU LIKE IT -RAYCHEL!!!

10. Hey tonight i’m bloging late. I finished fire star. Now i’m on how to cheat a dragons curse. Its about hiccup. His friend Fishlegs got bit by the venomouse vorpise and has vorpentitous. Hiccup needs to steal the vegetable that no one dare name (other wise known as a potato) from a very dangerouse man that he shot in the but with an arrow. I also should mention that they are vikings. Well that is all I read. Bye.

11. hey guys, you’ll never guess where I am! Kentucky! At my grandparents house. that’s also the reason I’m not going to be at school all week! But unfortunately I still have to do homework. So here I am! =D (this is actually the only time I’ll be blogging this week, because tonight I read for 60 min and am blogging for 20 min.) ๐Ÿ˜‰ Okay! book compairison! tonight i’ll be compairing inkdeath & story time. they are actually quite different, ink death is really based on non- stop action, while story time is actually a flat out mystery book with very little action. The only real simalaraty I see is that they’re fantasy. thats all I have for tonight! see ya next week!

P.S. mr. mayfield I finised story time and IT WAS AWSOME! thanks for suggesting it, bye!

12. I said I would start into the Unfortunate Events series. I’m on book number 1 and I read the first 2 chapters. It starts off with the three Baulduiene children which are Violet, Sunny, and Klaus. Violet the oldest, Klaus the middle and only boy, and Sunny the infant. They are on the misty cold beach one morning skipping rocks and examining sea creatures. They live with their two parents which live in the huge mansion in the heart of the city. Some times they will take the trolley down to the beach where they will sit. Violet is skiping rocks thinking of inventions in which she can make, that is her gift, while Klaus’s is reading and knowing lots of facts, and Sonny’s is biting with her 4 razor sharp teeth. Out of the mist they see a tall dark figure.

13. I am truly a lost 7th grader, i wander the halls, no pass needed. I am St. K though, right?
    And, Mayfield, with all due respect, Fat book sandwiches? Well, it’s not a dig on me, so yeah, all is good here!
    Coolio, we are ready to blog on Mockingjay? Yes!

Tues- Okay, so Pres Snow (freak) was off saying how glad he was that they were all dead. Well, they couldn’t go out in the street and roam (sort of like me in the halls) ๐Ÿ™‚ so they decided to use the underground tunnel. Dun dun duhhhh. Okay well, they went underground, and the Avox dude (kill me for forgetting his name) he knew the way. So they found a place where they all slept. Then, something bad happens.

Wed.- Well, they had got up and they were getting ready to go, when they heard something whispering the name Katniss. Peeta started doing it too. Someone said it was mutts, sent to kill her. She was about to shoot Peeta in the head when he snapped out of it, and told her to run. They were all escaping, and they ran into peacekeepers. They were killed by the mutts. The mutts were white and four limbed, with long reptilian tails. They were eating people. *shudders* It was freaky. So they are all running away, when they find a pit of poo, and acid and gross stuff. They were inchining around it, and Katniss was climbing the ladder, and they were getting away, and she found out someone was missing.

Thurs.- Everything was beneath them, but Katniss found that Finnick was gone. He was screaming for them, so Katniss took out her holo, said nightlock 3 times, and dropped it, blowing up everything beneath them. So, a lot of minor characters died, but Finnick was the biggest. And he had just gotten married to Annie, who was expecting a child. It was pretty bad, and it made me really depressed. So then they climbed into some ones house and shot the lady. Peeta said he was going crazy, but Katniss kissed him *swoon* and he once again snapped out of it.
    Ah, so some good things happened and some bad. (I LOVED Finnick. *cry cry cry*)

So, this weeks journals are coming to an end. I have to go now. I know you’ll all miss me. And no one came on my website, which made me sad so…..
    http://www.worldofthehungergames.webs.com
    Yeah so, now I’m really leaving.

Smiles,
    Kaitlin Bosshart (Saint)

14. I’m reading the book Slob by Ellen Potter and so far it is about a heavy set kid with issues on his self-confidence and the fact that someone is stealing part of his lunch every day without him noticing. The main character Owen is a real braniac and has just created an invention to see images from the past on his t.v. by reflecting the signal off of a star one lightyear away. The stars name is Nemesis so he names the invention Nemesis as well. In the begining he thinks that a boy named Mason Ragg stole them because on the first day and the rest of the days after that he gets his Oreo cookies stolen from his lunchand there pilled in a neat little stack beside mason Ragg are Oreo cookies. Now Mason proves that the theif wasn’t him by making Owen follow him around the school and when Mason goes back to the classroom Owen goes to check his lunch.. and the cookies have disappeared. So if it wasn’t Mason then who really stole part of Owens lunch? That is all for now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ :0 ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜› 8)

15. i just erased every thing i wrote and i don’t have that much time i will make it shorter. i am doing a book comparison of “Bud not Buddy” & “The Palace of laughter” They are alike in a couple of ways. The mane characters are both pore and on there own. They both try to find some way to get food. Buds way is to go to the foster care place. Miles is to work his butt of by cleaning the floors in the butcher shop. There different because bud try to find his dad while miles on the other hand is to eat foodand live.like i said this is shorter so bye.

16. hey did you miss me
    if you did your awesome and if you did not then you are a cold hearted man ๐Ÿ˜›
    well right now i an reading $1,000,000 BANK-NOTE , by mark twain
    so far i have read when mark twain was twenty-seven years old he was mining brokers clerk in san francisco and was a expert in all details of stock traffic
    when he was alone in the world the only thing that he could depend on was his wits and a clean reputation
    but those things were only setting his feet in the road to eventual fortune and he was content with the prospect
    bye

17. Bonjourโ€ผ Matti hereโ€ผ I am still reading *New Moon*, and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at the part where Jacob is taking Bella to the E.R, Because she decided to be, and I quote, ‘ stupid and reckless.’ Last night I skipped ahead, ( I know, horrible right ) anyway, I read the part where Bella finds Edward in Italy, he went there for some…….. help… with something. Now *Eclipes* makes scense. At one point further in the book, Edward and Bella are leaving a place in Italy, and these vampires behind them are turning humans into vampiresโ€ผ It really scared Bella. It reminded me of *Eclipes*, when Jasper tells Bella about his past. Creepy. Not really. I’m glad Bella has Jacob while Edward was gone, or she may have fallen apartโ€ผ You really should read this book, and if you don’t, your a loserโ€ผ J.Kโ€ผ Bye-Byeโ€ผ

18. HEY everybody!!!! Today I had to go to the office i thought i was in trouble but then i thought they were going to change my schedule and i did not want that to happen So i was REALLY SCARED but i was brave and i went in there and they gave me a note and i wasnt in trouble so HAHA!! I had to be so brave today so my two Words to Describe me today are………..
    COURAGEOUS LEMUR
    Yep thats right I am feeling like a courageous lemur!!
    OK Wednesday The Miserable Mill!!!!!!!!
    OK so Foreman Flacutono Trips Klaus one day and it breaks his glasses so Klaus has to go to the optometrist and he is gone all day. Violet and Sunny were worried about him and they couldnt sleep cause he had gone there and he hadnt come back yet. So they ran outside looking for Klaus and they couldnt Find him. Then Klaus came after a while which was pretty awesome. But when Klaus got back he couldnt talk about anything and he didnt remember anything. So Violet Told Klaus to go to bed and she was freaking out cause the children suspected that count Olaf worked for the optometrist which would not be a good thing. So they went to bed and the next morning Violet Got up and she hoped that Klaus was ok but he wasnt he was worse in the morning he acted like he didnt recognize who Violet was.!!! How Scary. Well i stopped there so i will write back Later BYe!!!
    Luv, Julie or Jewels however u want to say it.
    The Courageous Lemur is out!!!
    P.S. Mr. Mayfield do you like Fruitful Panda or Courageous Lemur better?

19. I am reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I’m only at the beginning though. A BOB book!

Wednesday –

Right Now in The Red Pyramid Carter Sadie are with Bast (Sadie’s cat in human form.) waiting on a portal to open. They are in the Egyptian portion of the museum when they run into another goddess named Zia. At this point Bast is
    separated from them because they got attacked by a different goddess
    and a million scorpions. Back to the Portal. The portal can only be opened
    At certain times and they were waiting on it to open at high noon. Zia draws a “line of magic” with a piece of chalk when the scorpions attack. Zia holds Off the scorpions long enough for the portal to open and time for Zia, Carter and Sadie to jump through. That’s all for today.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

20. I am reading the book Homeland in the Legend of Drizzt series. Drizzt should not have lived the night of his birth. It is as simple as that. If he had been sacrificed to their Goddess Lolth then everything would remain the same and as sinister as ever yet he still lived. The matron of house Do’Urden who is named Malice( go figure), who is also Drizzt’s mother, has violated the laws of having three sons she is only supposed to have two so , Dinin Do’Urden, the second son, drives a sword through the heart of Nalfein, the first son. So Drizzt is saved, much to the anger of Briza, the high priestess of House Do’Urden. Drizzt is unique, he has lavender eyes which are rare among drow elves, and they show up purple, even in the infrared spectrum. He is given to Vierna Do’Urden, a priestess, to serve as a Page Prince. That is all I have so far in the book. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

21. Hello people of Earth!:) Icome in peace!;)
    I’ve Been reading Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)
    This part relates 2 changr b/c Edward has changed his personality. He is now welcome to holding hands with Bella where before he had no physical contact with her. Instead of being friends they are now in a relationship!:);) Bella has also changed through out the book. She is braver now.
    c u l7er!
    ps bella & edward kissed:D

22. hey mr mayfield
    i got a new book pearls of lutha by brian jacques
    so far i have read though tansy was still only a young hedgehog she was known to be a veritable rock of good sense by the elders of redwall abbey
    and because of that she was one of the few youngsters (old man talk) allowed out side the abbey walls but mainly to gather materials for sister cicelys remedies
    during the spring she would gather leaves
    well thats all i got to say
    bye ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

23. Aloha everybody! I don’t know why,but I am feeling a little tropical today. Oh, and Julie, I think I like Courageous Lemar better than Fruitful Panda-not that I don’t like Fruitful Panda, I would rather refer to you as a Lemar- Okay….. now I have listened to quite a bit of my playaway and I am going to do a summary AND(yes I said and) I will also say what I think the author’s purpose is.

Okay…… Well I am gonna(going to) start with the summary. Well I think I left off with Meg getting kidnapped and so she tried to escape from the car and then the youngest kidnapper(even though he was wearing a Mikey Mouse mask) pulled her back in and had that stuff that you put on a cloth and put up to someone’s mouth and nose and it makes the person unconscious(I’m not sure what the stuff is called, but if anyone knows, PLEASE tell me). So when Meg woke up, she was in a room-a lot like basement room- and had no idea where she was. Then later on, she tries to break out the window but she falls and ends up making a hole-about the size of a tire-. Then guess what she does? She climbs back up and jumps for the hole and makes a run for it. Then the kidnappers chase after her. Once Meg is finally free, the three people trap her, so, since she is in a deserted town, she doesn’t have anyone to call or any life in the area. So Meg refers back to what her dad had told her, he said that people get crazy about flags. And once she got the flags down, the kidnappers get her, but aren’t wearing masks. Once again, she remembered a piece of wisdom from her dad’s Mack Molvey novels, “when you’ve seen your kidnappers faces, it usually means they are going to kill you to keep you from identifying them after you are released.”
    Strange huh? Maybe not. Well that is all I have read(or listened to) for now. But I’m not done writing(typing) yet. It won’t be long though like my summary.

Alright, so I think that author’s purpose is to (like I said before) keep you guessing and just entertain you.

Well that’s all for now. But I will write again tomorrow!!! Goodbye.
    ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€ B)

24. hey mr mayfield
    i am still reading the same book
    so far i have read that far across the heaving deeps of the restless ocean some of them even say even beyond the place where the sun sinks which is in the west lies the isle of sampetra
    they found a lush tropical jewel in the turquoise water
    but at at a closer look it reveals that sampetra is rotten as a flyblown fish carcass
    they say it is a crossroad of evil and that haven is to the flotsam of the high seas
    emperor is the mighty ruler of sampetra and he is known for his mad eyes that goes through any one
    and he lives in a palace built on a flat topped escarpment at the islands south westerly tip
    bye ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

25. I am reading A “palace of Laughter”. Its really good. I like how the boy has to work for his food and then the guy only has bones for him. The guy is the butcher shop man. It mad me kinda wonder if that was me. Would i have just let him give me bones because i just worked my tail off to get some sausage. Well, NO!! ITs really sad but his friend is the lion and he can talk so that makes the book more interesting. The circus that is in town looks like it might be a bad idea. It seems scary because when they come in to set there tents up they do it at night so no one will see them. I would not go to that circus. well thats my blog thing for the night. Thank you guys for reading.

26. Hey, I left off with the series of unfortunate events:book number 1. I told about Violet,Klaus, and Sunny and there luxurious life. I left off when They were all sitting and minding there buisness when a dark tall figure showed through the mist coming forward to the children. As the children sat up they realized it was Mr. Poe the Bank manager that they have met at dinner parties with their friends. He exchanged hellos with the children and told them the bad news. It was that their parents were burned in a fire that burned their whole house down to the ground. They didn’t cry but they stood in disbelief. He told them that they would be staying with him until they found parents that would adopt them. He took them to their house which was now ash to see if anything survived, nothing did.

27. I am reading ” A Palace of Laughter”. Its really good. I like how the boy has to work for his food and then the guy only has bones for him. The guy is the butcher shop man. It mad me kinda wonder if that was me. Would i have just let him give me bones because i just worked my tail off to get some sausage. Well, NO!! ITs really sad but his friend is the lion and he can talk so that makes the book more interesting. The circus that is in town looks like it might be a bad idea. It seems scary because when they come in to set there tents up they do it at night so no one will see them. I would not go to that circus. well thats my blog thing for the night. Thank you guys for reading.

28. This week i am still reading the book fear the night and tonight i actually remembered to bring the book home. tonight i am reading about a new character named ralph and he is on a trip with his wife who has never been to new york. he is about thirty years old and is kind of heavy set. he seems to be a very nice guy who works really hard and his wife is 20 pounds over weight. they both really love each other from what i have read but that could change. i am sure that one of them is going to get shot here a little further on down the road because every time i learn about a new character i read a few more pages and thren they get killed by the serial killer. which is really horrible because so far they have all been really good people because when you think you know this erson you find out some thing else and then they get shot and die. th reason ralph and his wife came to new york was to take a vacation with there friends and go see a broadway show together. and then they were going to go out for dinner and get a few drinks with there friends tha came with them come home and have a little alone time to their selves but i do not think the are going to make it that far because the killer gave them a seat number that was 7F and i think that is the seat ralph or his wife is going to get and then one of them is going to get shot and killed. well that is all i have for now so peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Hey, read most of the new artemis fowl, but left the book in my locker, so imma have to remember ๐Ÿ˜›
    Surprise, surprise, im doing povs! AFTAC (acronyms, gotta love em) is told in omnicent (no dictionary ๐Ÿ˜› ) 3rd person, so it should be easy. Holly Short, come on down!

“Man its cold! I hate Russia. Stupid snow. Stupid ice. Stupid burning wreckage falling in a perfect trajectory to crush me. Stupid – wait, WHAT? (At this point, holly jumps down face first into the stupid snow.) AHHH!….. stupid explosions. What are those blobs of.. of… of stuff? And why did it suck up that snow fox? And why is Artemis just sitting there like a knot on a log? This has to be a pretty good shot, BAM! *a couple of uneventful hours pass, basiclly sums up what happened* If this Orion personality of Artemis doesn’t shut up… (I can’t print what she said ๐Ÿ™‚ ) … and make him eat it. Why won’t he just shut up already?”

KK, so this is another journal, can’t remember a whole lot, so I will do Author’s purpose. Eoin Colfer wrote the Artemis Fowl series to earn money, and possibly to entertain. The next couple of chapters talk about a fairy mesmerizing (hypnotizing) a wrestling arena to kill the Butlers, and Holly, Foaly, and Artemi…. Orion talking, and Julius Root’s brother, Turnball, in jail plotting to leave.

I read enough to do another journal for the Last Olympian, the last Percy Jackson book. Think I will compare it to Artemis Fowl. Both deal with mythological creatures, although Percy Jackson is Greek mythology, and Artemis fowl is Celtic, maybe Middle English, even though Artemis is a Greek god? I’ll research it later. Both have to face a choice between good and evil, although P.J. knows it right off the bat, A.F. discovers it in the 2nd book. Finally, both books have a mastermind (Artemis and Annabeth), a brute (Butler and Tyson), and a foodaholic (Mulch and Grover). I think I will test everybody, the first person to tell me who Carl Johnson is from get a super secret prize! 8) Byeeeeeeeee!

30. Hey Mr. Mayfeild,
    (I turned off the caps ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Okay I am going to do pov change. So what i read was Breaking Dawn and I think ya’ll already know that Bella is preagnent and Jacob is protecting her from Sam and his what is now a little pack because, (now the pov change comes in!!!) Leah who was on Sam’s side but switched over because of her lil. Bro. and Jacob is not great friends with her so he is doing his best to get rid of her. He explains to Seth that if geting rid of Leah means that Seth has to go well then so be it.
    So the point of veiw that changed is that Leah put Jacob’s and Her’s fights and everything behind her to come aside for her brother which by the way I think is really cool!!!
    – Raychel:)

31. I am reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. It is pretty good and also a B.O.B. book.

Thursday:

In this part of The Red Pyramid, Carter and Sadie are in the First Nome in Egypt. They are underground in the ruins of the older city of Cairo. They go to a airport and are led down a passage by Zia, the goddess they had met earlier in the museum, and then they appear in the first Nome which is under the Cairo Airport. They are led past an underground tunnel to the sphinx of Giza. They walk into an enormous hall that Zia said expands to fit the history of Egypt and starts with the creation and ends with the present. There is an old man named Iskander, whom Sadie keeps calling Salamander. That is it for Thursday.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

32. Tuesday
    Ima get straight to em
    POV- I watched, studiously, to see what the bird would be. Soren just stared lifelessly at the thing, wondering if it was some type of mystical creature. Little did he know that it was to be his little sister. Soren couldn’t believe his eyes when she came out of her egg. I just peered at the scittery thing. My mother was calling our house snake as the baby came out. I couldn’t believe that she finally gave birth to a little girl!!!
    Wednesday
    Alternat ending- Soren looked at his little sister, adoring her fragileness. He didn’t know it was just his little sister, but he was still so amazed at the sight of a baby owl being born to a pair of barn owls. He couldnt think of anything else, other then how he would play with his little sister, make sure she had what she needed, helped her with flight (when he learned how to, of course) and anything else she might need. Soren loved the little bird as if it was sacred.
    Thursday
    HHHHOOOOOMMMMMEEEEECCCCCOOOOOMMMMMIIIINNNNNGGGG
    WOOT so excited! And of course i will be ther, as a giant wildcat. I CANT WAIT TO BEAT THE LIVING HEAK OUT OF…….. I mean, meet the mascot from jemison and give him a hug >:D
    POV- Oh my lord! it’s a little baby girl! I can’t wait! Honey, come look, Ms. P please come here! this bird will be a little girl! I need you to clean the nest, clean her room, clean the empty eggshell when she comes out, make sure everything is SPOTLESS! I don’t want a little bitty germ to be…. I’m getting carried away agian… well, lets just relax and AAHHHH IT’S HERE!!!

33. Hey Everybody The pep rally was Ummm….. Interesting but i had to yell so loud and it hurt to be so loud cause as everyone knows I am Pretty Shy JK so Today this was all i could come up with but i am the
    LOUD CHIMPANZEE ( I know pretty bad right)
    Thursday!!!!
    WEll Klaus does get back to normal and the kids dont worry anymore but then Klaus has his glasses broken again and when he was going to be taken to the optometrist but Violet and Sunny went with Klaus all the way to the optometrist and they were freaking out they were afraid of what was going to happen they thought that count olaf was in there but they knocked on the door to the optometrist’s office and the optometrist opened the door and she turned out to be a very nice lady who they were not afraid of at all. So while klaus was with the optometrist they other baudalaires had to stay in the waiting room when they went in there that is when they started Freaking out bcause the receptionist was count Olaf Well that is where i stopped So bye!!!
    Luv, Julie or Jewels however u want to say it!!

34. Hey well I gotta write 2 journals tonight so I better get going.
    POV change. If the POV changed to Ouulov’s side she might be saying, ” I reallly hope Karana and her brother are allright, Oh my this land is so beutiful. Oh my goodness, that man is pretty
    cute.” ๐Ÿ™‚
    It might also tell what the land looks like that she is on, or tell what is on it.
    Camie jay jay ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰

35. Hello again!
    So I am going to do a summary for what I read.
    The Aluets (Karana’s enemy) came again, but she made a friend. Also her friend made her a beutiful necklace. Also, Rontue, Karana’s dog, died, but she thinks she might have found Rontue’s son.

-Camie jay jay ๐Ÿ™‚ :} ๐Ÿ˜€

36. Hi, its Madalyn again. I am reading The 3rd book of the unfortunante series.. At the begging of the book it shows a picture of Violet, Klaus, And Sunny.. If you have relized that all 3 kids have a sad look on their face, then you can probably tell that what I am about to read is not going to be the best!!! But , if you want to know what happens next read about my blog next week…

37. Hey, its Madalyn Again..
    Right now I am reading the Unfotunante events series. I am on the 3rd right now. As we speak The 3 Bauldilare’s are with Mr. Poe heading to their Aunt’s house.. They are not expecting it to be a great place to stay but that is not their choice..
    But , if you have read the 1st chapter or2 then you know right know that Violet has her hair pulled back behind her ears. So you and I know that Violet is definitley thinking of a plan and how she and her siblings are going to like this lady. Well, Write back next time next week.

38. Hola everyone. As most of you know, I was out sick today, but my parents can’t stop me from blogging! No they can’t. Well something very devastating happened today while I was listening to my playaway. My playaway died on me(well it battery died) It made me really sad. So I looked in my library in my room and decided to read a book I got from last Christmas. It’s called Yank and Rebel The Miracle Dogs. I think it’s pretty good, but I’m only on chapter 2. Okay, I think I’m going to summarize what I have read so far.

Well, so far in Yank and Rebel, the main characters in it are James and Robert. They are hunters and it starts off with them hunting a HUGE bear that they named Samson(which is also my German Shepard’s name) because of how big he is. So the guys are getting all of these well trained dogs to fight the bear, but the bear keeps killing all of the dogs. So James’ prize possession, Southern Belle-or just Belle- is the last dogs standing when James come to help. Unfortunately, Belle got hurt, but James killed the ferocious bear. Now James, Robert, and their friends Dennis and Ronald are all taking Belle to see a vet because she is loosing too much blood. ๐Ÿ™

Well that’s all I have read for now, but I will write next week! (I will also hopefully have gotten some new batteries for my playaway and finish it this weekend!) P.S Mr. Mayfield, I wrote for 20 minutes this week. Bye!!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚ :-0 ๐Ÿ˜‰

39. Hey today I started the hardy boys’ the shore road mystery. I think the purpose of this book is to entertain. Also I think that the moral of this story is to trust your friends no matter what. I think this because the boys friend has been accused of steeling cars (there were five cars stolen in one week.)So the hardy boys set out to find the real thief and prove their friend Innocent. Well thats all I have today.

Now to go watch Auburn beat Mississippi state.

40. Tuesday-Iโ€™m reading Touchdown Alexander by, guess who, Shaun Alexander. I have not read much, but I have read enough to appreciate and be bewildered, bewuddled, and bethawed. I mean, the way God was in his life by giving him the blessings of good judgement, good friends, and a stable mind.
    Wednesday-Iโ€™m reading Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to entertain the people with a good sea-loving story about the captain of the worst ship in the history of the seas. He most likely wrote this because of his passion towrite and entertain. The way heuses his words he makes it sound in that time frame as well.
    Thursday-I was wondering what would have happened to Shaun if he made 1 wrong choice. Would he now be in Mexico being king of drug cartel? Maybe he wouldโ€™ve ended up like OJ Simpson. One of the reasons I ask this is he stayed faithful and beleived his whole life and look at him now a millionaire with a great family. If he didnโ€™t stay true he may have ended up in jail or dead because that once can become ten then one hundred then one thousand then a million.

41. In “The palace of Laughter” is good so far. Miles and the lion get back at one night and meet up. So thats what i read tonight and im going to do a point of view. What i see in the miles is a pore boy who cant do much but try to survive. He works for food at the butcher shop and has a friend lion. He is very shy but can have some aggression. When the circus comes it means sorries business. I wander what will happen when the circus comes. I do recontaminate this book to people. Good night.

42. I’ve been reading Twilight. I’m not sure if i’ve used this topic or not yet but i think the author’s purpose for this section was to introduce us to Edward’s family. To give us more info on their way of life. It also tells us that his family is strong and sticks together no matter what.
    This is a really good book and i purswade U to read it.
    c u!
    merritt ๐Ÿ™‚

43. Hello…. how’s it going? I need to make this fast. I will quickly summarize my book for you. In *New Moon* Edward leaves Bella and moves to L.A. Soon Bella finds out that Jacob is a werewolf, and that Victoria ( a vampire ) is tring to kill her. So, now Jacob and his friends must protcet her. She misses Edward so much that even the mention of him will make her hurt. She misses Alice too. I better go, Byeโ€ผ โ™ฅโ˜บโ˜ปโ™ฆโ™ฃโ™ โ€ขโ—˜โ—‹โ—™

44. Hey Mr. Mayfeild,
    Okayy so first off thanks for getting my phone at the football game!!! And second off i am going to do summery!!1 Okayy so the book I read was Breaking Dawn.
    Okayy so her goes: okayy so Jacob realizes that he cant get rid of Leah without hurting Seth’s feelings. So he decides that he will try to let Leah in. But of course as you know that won’t work out veery well!!! So that is all I have OH AND GOOD ANNOUNCING AT THE FOOTBALL GAME AND THANKS!!
    -RAYCHEL:)

45. Instaed of rereading the book Homeland I decided to get a new book from the library. Now the library just got this book and the book is called Theodore Boone: kid lawyer. Now so far in the sttory I have learned that Theo is the son of two lawyers and he rides his bike to school as well and has just goten his class seats to a murder trial. Their class study old, new, and even fictional cases. Theo, being a common sight at the court house, was able to talk the judge into top bar seats in the stands. That is all I have read so far in the book. GO WILDCATS!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜› 8)

46. Hello, another game with the wildcats. Whats sad is that the 7th graders made better plays then the 8th graders and they only put us in for 2 plays. You probally already know since you saw the whole game from a view. Anyways, I left off as Mr.Poe came to the Bauldeiere children to give them the bad news. He took them to their house to see if anything remained but all that was their was ashes. He said that they would be staying with him until they could find another person to adopt them. The next few days were horrible for the kids because Mr. Poe had 2 brats of sons and they all had to share a nasty smelling room. the mom always bought them weird and itchy clothes so the next week was difficult for them but it is nothing compared to what was coming.

47. Hey Mr. Mayfield Today I’ll Be Doing Authors Purpose.

Let’s See , In Pen Dragon BobbyBobby is Being pulled Down THe Slide By A ” Magical Hand” and Kind Of Enjoys The Ride. At The End He’s Suposed To Save a Few People.So The Authors Purpose is if You Good THing Good Things Come Back to You

48. Today I’ll do A Summary .

In The Book Pen Dragon Bobby Gets To THe Bottom Of the Slide And Is In THis Weird Three Suned Ploace Where It Snows!!! But He’s Not Happy He Wants His Parents , His Girlfriend And His Life Back. His Uncle Gets To The Bottom Of The Cave And He’s Exited to See Him[For About Three Seconds] And Then Bobby Starts Cussing His Uncle Out Yes Cussing . Wells That Is It, BYE!!!!!!!

49. Hi, i’m bAAck! I started reading the roar, one of the bob books. Okay! tonight author’s purpose! I think the authors purpose is to entertain, to inform, to explain, but there is no moral, it’s too science fiction!
    bye!:-D