fuzzy pink squirrel visists and other matters…

ola (hola),
so i guess this past week was decently productive – read a whole bunch – among the highlights…

“bloody jack” – a BOB book – read it in a day – b/c it was bad and i was ready to be done with it:) i suspect most BOBers will enjoy the book b/c it’s rather steamy – the hammock sleeping was interesting – anyway, steamy for an academic competition – obviously not my pick – i still can’t figure out how that book was turned into a series…

“youth” and “heart of darkness” – i turned to the nook when i finished my books friday – both short stories are by joseph conrad – both about sea adventures gone wrong – “heart” is the more critically acclaimed b/c it’s about the african ivory trade in 1900s – and how Europe exploited the land – the stories are very well written, particularly b/c English was conrad’s third language

“the best of alf van hoose” – it might have had a catchier title, but that’s basically what it was – a reporter for the B’ham News – sports editor – for 40 years – the book was a collection of highlights – the best writing were pieces he did on special assignment – in Vietnam to compare his WWII experience with the “new” soldier – and in 1989 when he went back to europe and re-traced his route in WWII – i guess i liked those pieces the best b/c the issues are a bit weightier than what alabama or auburn did – although his finale to the barons old stadium – rickwood field – was wonderful

on a lighter note, i read a story this morning in “the economist” about male dancing as a way of attracting females – it seems that males who can dance better attract females better – and the better is when they use their three pivot points – like head, torso, and feet – they also found that head-banging is unattractive to women – and that the right knee’s motion is the most attractive to women – if only i’d known this sooner – oh well, there’s always the next school dance…

60 thoughts on “fuzzy pink squirrel visists and other matters…”

1. -Tonight i couldn’t really find a book so i go to my next favorite option, Football news!! http://www.nfl.com/news/story is where i am reading if you want to check it out. Player Cody Grimm also player from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is taking player Tanard Jackson place for his suspension Cody Grimm is a rookie safety for them. Tanard Jackson is a first safety. It says that he is being suspended for a similar reason to his last suspension.(It doesn’t tell me what he got suspended for doing but i think it was for fighting) The coach said that he is normally a cool calmed guy , but why did he get in a fight if he is??? That will be my blog for the day. Bye. hahahahaha(evil laugh because people must really like the smile face things.)
    ps- I can her the middle school football game from my house. It sounds like where winning!!

2. Okay I am still reading the book The Enemy. Were i left off Callum sent the other kds away. Sam is unable to catch up with the other kids and is chased into the London Underground and gets as far as King’s Cross when an older uninfected man named Nick appears with a shotgun and saves him. Nick has been living in the tunnels inside a train with his wife, however, the two are later discovered to be cannibals and have drugged Sam and chained him up in a separate train car with a girl called Rhiannon. Another boy, known only as “The Kid”, rescues them. When they are escaping Rhiannon is shot by Rachel on the stairs. Nick follows the two children into the sunlight and bursts into blisters and boils. He dies in the middle of the road. The Kid and Sam head to the Tower of London, where there is another group of kids.

As the Waitrose and Morrisons group travels to Buckingham Palace they are attacked by a pack of grown-ups. During the battle another group joins them, however, a girl named Sophie accidentally shoots Arran through the lung with one of her arrows. Maxie comes to aid by he dies in her arms. The group teams up with Sophie’s group and after a few more skirmishes, one involving mutated zoo animals, they eventually manage to find Buckingham Palace the next day.

The group of kids meet David, the leader of the kids at Buckingham Palace who wants to expand his group and eventually take over the whole of London. The Waitrose and Morrisons group are pressured into going to a park opposite the palace to peacefully talk with a group of kids about joining them at Buckingham Palace, however, after their leader Just John refuses a fight breaks out. Freak is stabbed in the chest by Just John and dies. Achilleus and Just John later fight to the death over the territorial ownership of the park, however, after Achilleus defeats John, instead of killing him he lets him go.

Maxie and Ollie find that they don’t trust David because of how he acts and his obsession with taking over England. Maxie tells the rest of the group and they decide to escape. David and Jester attempt to stop them, but Ollie saves them and they all leave. That is all so far. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

3. The essay that you wrote mr mayfield was pretty cool. It is talking about how you need to get all the fun out of your system and be prepared when you go back to school. You also need to handle your ” relationships” or 6th grade relationships.

4. Hello. I’m really tired so this blog may not be as long as my usual ones. Hey, I heard y’all cheering. That makes me upset. Jk. But I really am tired so here it goes.
    Well I have finished my book Night of the Living Dummy and it was a pretty good ending. So all I am going to do tonight is sum up the story for you.(for those of you who do not know what that means, it means I’m just going to write a short summary. I really hope that you all knew that!)

Okay so basically Lindy and Kris decide to go and bury Mr. Wood outside. Well after that attempt, the girls still managed to find the dummy in the kitchen the next morning. So after the girls parents leave to go shopping, they go next door to where the steamrollers were. Then splat goes the dummy, being crushed into the ground. Kris and Lindy were sooo relieved when they found out that the evil dummy was gone, until Slappy comes up and asks if Mr. Wood was gone because he couldn’t wait for him to leave.

So that is basically how that book ends. Well I will talk to you all next week. Have a great weekend!! Bye!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

5. I was reading Ripley’s bielieve it or not book today and the guys that can make thier foot get stuck behind their head and grow thier fingernails to 23 inches long i thought was pretty cool. :|. It also shows graphs on king tuts tomb and shows the levels of the mummy ๐Ÿ˜

6. -eyes shut-
    -snoring-
    WOAH! Oh, hi ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m just so tired (of the football team losing and the fact I am sleepy) and i couldn’t help myself!

While i’m depressed, I will tragecily end this weeks journal, with the two journals i somewhat procrastanated to do.
    As a side note, WE WILL OWN MR. SCOTTS CLASS, BECAUSE THISSSS!!!! ISSSS!!!!!! SSSSSPPPPPAAAARRRRRRTTTTAAAAAAA

Pov of Townsfolk- What! The trolls and berserkers are coming, HERE? We must prepare ourselves! Get the torches, get the pitchforks, get the salad bar! Wait, we don’t even own a salad bar…BUT WE MUST FIGHT BACK! I don’t care what the chief says, i am not waiting to be attacked by a berserker wolf man thingy. I bet some of these people would too! I don’t care if he is mad at me, he can just be mad! Alright, now time to get supplies. Hmmm, scythe, check, axe, check, super giant wolf man thingy, che— AAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHH…um….hi how are you…i think i will just…you know… um…..BYE!

Let’s end it with -drum roll- a…..conflict relation journal!!!

This book relates to conflict because of all the action. It uses the action to make Jack have a conflict, not only with himself, but with the berserker who seems to hate him. Even though there is high conflict, there is also a good use of just flat out drama. This is a must read reccomend!

7. Hey, long nite for the seventh grade team. In my head i say we won. Ok, i left with them making all the sauce and noodles for the crazy theater troupe of Count Olaf. His troupe consisted of 2 powdered faced women, a man with a hook on his hand, a tall man, and a man who looked like a girl. Count Olaf gets mad because he wanted roast beef so he got very mad. The three children served them glasses of wine, the noodles and sauce, and pudding for dessert. They all leave at the end very drunk. Count Olaf walks in and starts yelling at the kids how he would have wanted Roast Beef more than sauce. When Clause talks back Count Olaf raises his hand and slaps Klause acroos the face. Count Ollaf walks out and makes the orphans clean up. They planned to go to Mr. Poe the next day to see if they can transfer to a different relative.

8. Hey Mr. Mayfeild,
    So I read again What Mr. Mattero Did and I am going to do the author’s purpose for writing what I read. And what I read is basically what I read last week and see it has been draged out so I think the author’s purpose isto say that if something happens and you feel uncomfortable about donn’t be afraid to speak up. And also that if someone in your family is having a problem, there are always to sides of the story the one you choose is up to you, but you don’t always have to choose one person’s side just because they are in your family or you love them more!!!
    -Raychel:)

9. Hi! I finished “out of my mind”! It was a pretty darn good book as far as books go! (but not as good as the roar!)(plus I finished it in one night!) OK! Back on subject! tonight book comparison on “the roar” and “out of my mind”. they are different by TR (the roar) takes place in the future, while oomm (out of my mind) takes place in the present. they are similar by both of the books having irregular main characters. oomm is more of a fictionous memoir while TR was just a fantasy.

that’s all the time I have this evening! bye!

10. I have been reading the book, taken. its about a girl who is kidnapped by a group of mexican paramedics. She flashes back many times to happy times. she even had classes back in her school about kidnapping because there were so many. she lived in the safest neighborhood in the usa and still got napped as she would call it.

Dear taken girl(your name is never mentioned),
    As always i put myself in your position and talk. If i were you i wouldnt care if i got shot leaving the ambulance. You knw that they probably wont do anything because if they do the deal will be off and they dont get money. also, how many people can an ambulance hold five or six. thereโ€™s not that many so i would atleast make a break for it. if they shoot you, they shoot you. theyre not going to make you suffer so it will either be a one shot one kill or they just dont shoot at all. boo yah. i may have just saved the day for you. but theres still a whole lot of reading to be done so i will soon find out if you follow my advice.

i think that the reasoning of this book was to tell the reader to always be prepared. dont go into anyones car if you dont know them. if an ambulance comes make sure that your mom, dad, or guardian goes with you. make sure to check the ambulanceโ€™s personel license. remember to alwyas be prepared and never ever go into an ambulance. tell the driver that you want to ride with your parent. also, if an ambulance comes to your house for no reason and says that they got a phone call that the girl is sick, this is for you parents, dont let em go.

i think that this book compares pretty well to the movie taken. who knows if they made the book or movie about one or the other. they both have basically the same plot. plot is the things that happen in a story. i saw the movie and the girl is kidnapped at the beginning. its the same for the book. but the story in the movie is told from the dad and the book is told from the girl. in the book the girls dad is hardly ever home but in movie the dad takes action and saves the girl. the thing the story is about is being kidnapped and they both have that in common.