writing about dani…

so i’m pretty busy with my “battle of the books” story for national novel writing month – currently writing about a pop singer named dani (actually, her real name is danielle, but she was forced to use dani to be more “poppy” – or whatever you call a pop singer) – anyway, dani, like all good pop stars, has her songs written for her – and she needs new ones for her next album – which, they decide will be dedicated to the troops leading the battle overseas – patriotic and all…

as for reading…
“run fast” – about 150 pages – a reread – pretty good – lots i already know – but motivation to run fast, i guess – reinforced the importance of speed work to me – although, i’d overdone it for about a year – and the book has helped me realize that

“cc pyle and his amazing race” – wonderful book that a story in the 8th grade lit book is based on – in 1928, a promoter created a race across america – started with 300 runners and basically broke them down over the next three months as they ran 33, 50, 60 mile days – incredible 3,000 mile race – and they were promised money – and got very, very little in return

re-reading the book of matthew also – read sports illustrated (and it’s predictable stories about the nfl – shocking things like… nfl teams pass more today than they used to) – the economist – and my bank statement (okay, not the statement – that would be weak reading – but my bank company was bought out so i got a huge packet informing me of all the changes – which make no sense…)

okay, back to novel writing – also known as watching the new york marathon…

19 thoughts on “writing about dani…”

1. Alrite get the hot water ready Sarah. After you do that I will sprinkle or dunk him your choise in the water and he will be free. Ok you want to dunk him so we unthaw him totaly good call. Woah the water is boiling why is it doing that i only dunked him? What is that a green hand sticking out of the water? Woah Albert just got up out of the sink! He shook his head like a dog and water went every where. He got up and started mumbling and walking, “what the boss has gotten into me?” He said what a strange white road. He looked up at me and sarah and said ahh monsters! Haha we scared the little dude he just dove into the sink. Whoa he didnt bite me he’s better than Mr. Perkins already. Haha this little monster is a fisty little fellow. “Put me down you brute!” Hey hey hey i unthawed you didnt I? Why did you say theres a little problem? “He said how did you get so big?” “How did you get so small?” I said getting used to his questions.

2. hey i am back blogging again
    well now i am reading mariel of redwall
    and so far i have read that fort bladegirt stood at the edge of the high rocks which towered above terramort cove
    and the big window of its banqueting hall was facing out to sea
    and it had a courtyard and high walls which went around the perimeter where there was open ground
    and through part of the actual fort building integrated with the outer wall where it overhang the cove
    bye

3. WHATS UP MR MAYFIELD
    Ok this week i am reading the book the house of the scorpians. so far i have read enought to find out a good bi about the main character named matt. so far i have discovered uthat he is pretty much kept to himself he lives in a small shack, with his mother and at this poiint in time i know nothing about matts father for right now he is completely out of the picture. and obviousley his mother is somekind of a maid or something because she spends some amount of time in these rich peoples house when she herself is very poor. and she is getting things like crayons and that kind of stuff for matt. while he was at the little shack and his mom was at work two kids were exploreing when they stumbled upon the old shack and when they looked inside they saw the kid (matt) and tried to talk to him but he was to shy at first then all of the sudden he just got like a spurt courage and he grabbed a stick and busted the window out because it was nailed shut and then he asked them if they wanted to play casually like he had not even jjust busted out a window to talk to a complete stranger so they said yeah and he went to jump out of the window and before the other person had time to catch him he had already jumped write into the pile of glass with out shoes and he fell to the ground in pain and got stabed every were from the glass and then the other to kids are now trying to find help. ok well i have got to do some more reading and blogg some more this week but that is all for now bye

4. Hey Mr. Maf!
    I’m back blogging again, nanowrimo was just too hard and stressful. okay, I’ve already read the 9th Pendragon book, (519 Pgs) so now I’m on the tenth one. book comparison, between the 1st Pendragon book and the 10th Pendragon book. to start off, the settings have drastically changed. in the 1st book it was only second earth, and duendron. But in the tenth book, the settings so far are Solara, Cloral, and third earth

5. oops! continuing…. Also the characters have also drastically changed, but this time, I’m not going to name them all. Plus, the tenth book is a lot longer than the first. Lastly, the conflict is the same, while also very different. that’s all that I have for tonight! bye!

P.S. 😀

6. Hey Mr. Mayfield,
    I’m not quite so in the “groove” of blogging again, but I’m giving it my best shot! :)…. So I’m still reading The Twilight Saga:Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyers… Well, I havn’t really gotten into it.. haha….. But Bella has just gotten a letter from the University of Alaska Southeast,and got accpted!!! Yay! Also, Charlie(her dad) has read it before she opened it, that made her a little bit angry. HOW RUDE?… Now she’s having a second part to the everlasting conversation with Charlie…. Then Edward comes in in the spareof the moment and saves Bella… Well, my time is limited, so byeeee

7. hey mr mayfield
    well i am still reading the same book
    and so far i have read that abbot bernard had not lain abed and he was concerned for his beloved redwall that had driven sleep from his mind and the ravages of galeforce winds and rain would need repairing
    and then he made a swift tour of inspection and then he was fishing up on the east battlements
    and then he was leaning back upon the strongly hewn stones and bernard allowed himself a sigh of relief
    bye

8. what up mr. mayfield
    well i have to blogg one more time this week so what better time
    to do it than now. ok well i am still reading the same book the house of the scorpians and right now matt is at the hospital and he is really not used to sleeping in the bed with celia. so then he met one of ithe people that helped get him to the hospital (maria) an dhe asked her if she had heard of the creature chupacobra and she said no then he started describing the creature or monster to her. which made her clinch to him because she was very scared. this made him feel a little bit better since celia was not there with him at this very moment. and then he ask her if she had heard about the killing of that flock of chickens down at the corner of the street and she said yeah and then he told her that they were not stolen that el chupacobra had gotten them and they knew this because they were found out in the middle of the dessert with not a drop of blood left in there bodies and they were just blowing around like cantolope skins in the wind. to me that is pretty scary and even i would be scared if I had seen that out in the middle of the dessert. i am so glad that w are off of school tommorow but i will see you friday. BYE.

9. okay okay. I’m here once again, but only because I still haven’t reached my goal in nanowrimo. It makes me real sad though. The only reason I haven’t though Mr. Mayfield is because well one I am sick-really stinks- and two I have been typing lots just not enough. Okay, so I have finished the other book that I blogged about last week but this week I have read a new book.
    So the book starts off with a little boy named Harry-not Harry Potter- and he is kind of the type of boy that doesn’t get appreciated a lot. He lives with his dad and stepmother. Harry’s stepmother though is a real mean woman who only wants Harry’s dad’s money. He knows that his dad loves him, but for some reason his dad wanted Harry to have “another mother”. So he just lets his dad do whatever he thinks is best. Later on the stepmother begins to become partially insane, but as usual Harry’s father doesn’t notice. Then Harry decides to run away from home because the step mom got a little to needy for Harry’s dad and him.
    Well unfortunately that was 10 minutes. I guess I will write more on nanowrimo then go to bed that way I can feel better for tomorrow. Bye!!!!

10. Hey mr. mayfield,
    okay so my blog is on the book Bat 6. But my journal is a character trait journal!! and the people i am going to do is A.J. the older brother and Darleane. okay so let’s begin!!
    A.J.: okayy 1 strong hearted, faithful, carful, prestegius, loving, caring, careful, kind curteous.
    and Darleane: strong hearted, beleives, careful, in it to win it, caring, kind, thoughtful.
    that is all i got for this one!!
    ,Raychel:)

11. hey mr. mayfield,
    okayy well here is my last blog for this week!! any ways i am doing my thing on the book Bat 6 and my blog is a compare to a book i have read!!! the book i am comparing it to is breaking dawn and this is how see the wolf pack well seth was new to it and well just like shazam!! see seth was having problems just like shazam!! see i am a smart cookie!!!
    ,Raychel

12. Hi! I’m still reading that Pendragon book.
    Back to authors purpose Again! I think the author’s purpose was to entertain, to explain, to mystify, to excite, to add anxiousness, to scare, and to end the series.

13. I’m doing two in one night! back to blogging… Instead of just the travelers the book could focus more on the exiles from the Bronx massacre. First off, the travelers are looking for them, so that would put more of an edge on the story. plus at this time, they are constantly fighting the bad guys so that would enter in more action.
    Bye! 😀

14. its me again sorry i wrote a journal instead of blogging. right now i’m fixing to write another journal. just keep up the good work. i’ll be back.

15. hey mr mayfield here is my final journal for the week
    and i am still reading the same book
    and so far i have read that the midday sun glinted off the waters of the far northwest sea as thick headed revelers from the previous night when they where hauling anchors so they could sail out and scour the seas or range the coasts in their constant search for plunder and booty (not what you think but in mean money) and slaves and trinkets
    and gabool the wild was watching them from his really high window from his banqueting hall
    bye

16. I am rereading the Peter and the starcatcher series. Peter is roughly about 12-14 years old and has red hair along with him being an orphan. He wears rags so when he goes on board the Never Land it is very cold. On the ship he meets the daughter of an ambasitor named Molly Aster, who ends up being a junior Starcatcher, a secret socuiety of people who are sworn to protect thuis mysterious stuff that falls from the sky and there are also this thing called the Others and they want the starstuff to change the world in thier view the way they want it to look and run. Peter ends up dicovering the starstuff and later they are captured by a pirate named Black Stache. then later on in the story thay crash on and Island where the starsyff has also floated to. The starstuff leakes in the water creating strang ecreatures out of the thing that where around it such as mermaids. Peter and Molly team up to capture the starsuff and while a man who was undercover for the others isd about to kill Molly. Peter pulls a trick on him and makes him take the box the starstuff was in instead of the real starstuff. When he touchedthe starstuff he was given the ability to fly and never age. That is the book.

17. Monday

This week I’m blogging about The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is by Brian Jaques, the author of the Redwall series. Anywho, I know that he wrote this to entertain the reader. I pretty sure anyways. I think he wrote this to entertain, but he used facts about the countries and myths of the Flying Dutchman to an advantage, because he twists it to a new point of view of a never-before-heard-of-character. At the same time though he creates the image a huge ship where the boy is put in the galley.

Tuesday

Wondering what would have happened if Neb (the boy in Castaways of the Flying Dutchman) would have escaped in Denmark?
    My guess is that he would have found the black lab and went to a bench and hid until the pirates were gone. Then he would have made a home and been one of those beggars who sits on the corner of the block in New York. Or maybeif he didn’t like the dog anymore … sell the poor black lab. I mean that’s what I would have to do if I were him, but I’m not so that is all his discision. That is what I think would have happened to Neb if he escaped the ship in Denmark.

Wednesday

After a lot of thought The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is like the beginning of Peter and the Starcatchers. They both have characters get on ships. Neb got on because he was running from his stepbrothers and one of them hit him and he fell into the ice cold water, then all of a sudden a stringy rope hits his head and he uses all his strength to climb onboard. In the other book orphans get onboard because the are forced to be slaves to an evil king overseas. Well, I mean, they have \the same ideas just different plots.

Thursday

So far the captain of the Flying Dutchmanis making a deal with a chinease merchant who is offering FOUR emeralds for him to deliver emeralds to other high-payng people. On another POV a boy is running from his stepbrothers and runs into a dead-end. His stepbrothers or the ocean?!?!?!?!?!? Which is worse?!?!?!? Well, he doesn’t have a choice because one of his stepbrothers cuffs (hits) him in the jaw and falls into the freezing cold ocean shivering and alone.

18. You have been sleeping for over 50 years the chance of you finding this guy is 1 in 1 million! I didn’t want to argue with this vampire thing it has sharp teeth and claws so ill keep my mouth shut. Why is this Morley Manor so important? I just don’t get why any other place would do? Oh okay you get un-shrunk there. Now how do you get to this Morley Manor? Okay whats the small problem? Why are they crying we can get them there by tomorrow we have a car. What does he mean does evil ever take a holiday? Thank you Sarah for telling them to stop crying but they probably won’t. What we’re taking them tonight? Okay I guess that’s okay. But only since it’s the monsters last chance to get normal height. Okay so Gaspars not the only way to get to normal size you get out of my hair correct? So lets start heading back for Morley Manor. Now which way is it? Hurry so they don’t have to stay with us! Okay that grin was creepy! Okay good you won’t drink our blood.

19. Monday:This week i am going to blog about Dreamland by Sarrah Dessen.I think that right now the author’s pupose would be to start off the book by just introducing the characters and telling about the other important people. She is trying to help you understand anything that might have happened before the plot actuall started.Usually this part of the book is written to inform you about the characters and a few small events.Sarah dessen has done a great job so far by presenting the main characters and the people around them.

Tuesday:
    fact-when Caitlin was four, her sister hit her with a shovel!
    opinion-wow! that is one mean sister right there!!

fact-their mother pretended that her and her sister were twins
    opinion-that would be awful to be dressed look like your sister all the time and look just like her

fact-Caitlin and Cass were very similar and very close
    opinion-well,that is hard to believe that they are close because Cass smacked her with a shovel when they were little

fact-Cass became very spiritual after her first boyfriend dumped her
    opinion-that is a weird way of getting over a guy

Wednesday-A point of view from a different character could be from Cass.
    Caitlin is my little sister.I am two years older than her.We are really close even though we have our differences like the shovel incident.Sometimes I feel like I am closer to her than I am to my mom.I don’t want her to thin that I think I am better than her because I was so good and popular in high school, because I don’t.I hope that Caitlin has better luck with relationships than i did.Overall I hope that mine and Caitlin’s relationship stays the same.

Thursday:An alternate to the part of the book i have read would be that Caitlin and Cass grew up and were still close.Cass still had many relationship problems but Caitlin was the opposite.Cass was still the social butterfly and the goody-goody of the two of them.Luckly they did not have to dress alike anymore.Yet, they were still very similar in their personalities and looks.Caitlin and Cass had both changed yet, they were still very similar.

Thats it…bye!!:)